You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Florence well worth a visit if you're doing trips out
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491

Florence well worth a visit if you're doing trips out

Thanks for that
    Just had a look. It’s only an hour away on the train and £15 return so we may well
    do that
    Every day stuff in Mickleover this morning

Just walking along and on the pavement there’s a plumpish, young lad, maybe early 20s wearing a long black suit, a gold waistcoat and a bowler hat

He’s repeating over and over “I’m the Fat Controller”

Maybe he works at Thomas Land
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,432
    Jac35 said:

Every day stuff in Mickleover this morning

Just walking along and on the pavement there’s a plumpish, young lad, maybe early 20s wearing a long black suit, a gold waistcoat and a bowler hat

He’s repeating over and over “I’m the Fat Controller”

Maybe he works at Thomas Land

You want to visit Hastings on the South Coast mate, he'd be one of the normal ones!
  • splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    Jac35 said:

2nd go at poker this year

Did ok
    Lost a bit at mtts but did okayish at Dyms
    £38 up on the night
    I’d take that very happily every night

Cup draw will probably see both teams fancying their chances @splashies

Going to Pisa for a few days
    Anyone been?

Yeh should be a good game and I'm glad we're at home. Great chance for you to go on a decent cup run too.
    edited January 2020
    I’ve played again tonight
    2 night on the bounce! Very unusual for me these days

I’ve put a whole 2 hours graft in!

Still in the mini. Want to just watch the 2nd half of the football
    I’ve tried to bust a few times but just trebled up with Q8 v KK and JJ aipf :)

Mtts didn’t go so well but won a summit seat
    Took the cash
    Skill level way too high for me and tbh I can’t really be arsedd to play any longer

Won a few Dyms
    As usual when he plays I got some advice on my game from Lundie. Its very kind and always appreciated as I’m a bit of a novice

Made £70 so that’s ok

• tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    Hi Paul

Well done on your recent results., love the reaction to “Advice “ 😊
    I often get advice on my play, well... maybe more of an observation than advice, and in words containing no more than 4 letters, maybe that’s why I’ve been doing ok lately, must give thanks to those individuals.
    No poker last night

We went to the pub instead and had a meal
    You get what you pay for i suppose. £14 for two mains. It was just about edible.

I’ve got the boy tonight so i’ll be playing
    He’s at soccer stars straight from school. He’s utterly hopeless. In despair. I don’t know what’s happened there. I was pretty decent and his Grandad played at a good level too.
    Going to have to put a lot of work in. Can’t have my son being last pick at playtime.

Dym question for you

First level and there’s a raise
    It folds round to us and we have AK in the bb

We 100% know he will call pretty much any 3bet sizing from us short of all in.
    Do we just call and see the flop?
  • chrisdonkbchrisdonkb Member Posts: 131
    I can’t pretend to know very much about dym strat and might be a huge whale but sounds an interesting spot. Know much about the player or is he a random? If they’re really sticky postflop and likely to float you a ton in position it makes your life pretty difficult, is 3betting to a smaller sizing an option to keep the spr higher and invest less chips out of position? Genuinely curious, presume you need much stronger hand strengths to stack off postflop
    Jac35 said:

No poker last night

You get what you pay for i suppose. £14 for two mains. It was just about edible.

He’s at soccer stars straight from school. He’s utterly hopeless. In despair. I don’t know what’s happened there. I was pretty decent and his Grandad played at a good level too.
    Going to have to put a lot of work in. Can’t have my son being last pick at playtime.

Dym question for you

So he's already on Derby's books?

I probably call, miss the flop and fold. I'm rubbish.

Also wrt the meals, I went out with the better half for a meal and to watch the latest Star Wars thing last night. The restaurant had £1,000 bottles of wine on the menu, wtf is that all about? In Hastings? I had the same main I had recently in a pub, the pub version won hands down, You just have to pick the right pub.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    Enut said:

Jac35 said:

No poker last night

Dym question for you

Also wrt the meals, I went out with the better half for a meal and to watch the latest Star Wars thing last night. The restaurant had £1,000 bottles of wine on the menu, wtf is that all about? In Hastings? I had the same main I had recently in a pub, the pub version won hands down, You just have to pick the right pub.
    You do know you get a free house with every bottle of wine you buy there yes?
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,822
    Whilst this thread is Inn vacation mode, my daughter and I had breakfast Saturday past, in this quaint little cafe in Hastings, St Leonards-on-sea actually.

The prices were pleasing.

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,310

@mumsie

^^^^ that looks delish.
    tomgoodun said:

Enut said:

Jac35 said:

No poker last night

Dym question for you

You do know you get a free house with every bottle of wine you buy there yes?
    The Sussex Exchange off Queensway Tom. Lovely little cinema but the restaurant has just been revamped and IMO they seem to have misjudged their target market, by about £980 per bottle!
    mumsie said:

Whilst this thread is Inn vacation mode, my daughter and I had breakfast Saturday past, in this quaint little cafe in Hastings, St Leonards-on-sea actually.

The prices were pleasing.

That's more like it!
  • SJspanky1SJspanky1 Member Posts: 620
    Jac35 said:

Dym question for you

This all depends on who villain is for me. I’m happy with flatting, 3 betting or shoving dependent on who I’m up against.

Versus a fish I normally shove and lose to AJ ;)
  • SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    Enut said:

Jac35 said:

No poker last night

Dym question for you

I'd do exactly the same, I'm getting really good at it now.

Liking the diary @Jac35 - good to see it's still going.
    SJspanky1 said:

Jac35 said:

Dym question for you

This all depends on who villain is for me. I’m happy with flatting, 3 betting or shoving dependent on who I’m up against.

Versus a fish I normally shove and lose to AJ ;)
    You’d shove 2k over a 60 raise?
    You related to Jacqueline? :)

That AJ hand was very enjoyable ;)
    Bah
    Losing night
    Was due i spose

Played about £90 worth of mtts. Don’t think i lasted more than 30 mins in any of them and took no heads

Won a little bit at cash

Dyms were so so
    Last £11 summed up the evening
    Raised AQhh late on with high blinds
    Player with zero fold equity shoves K7
    Gg me

Lost £49 in the end so not too bad

Nice to see a cash promotion although cash seems to get plenty of traffic anyway
    Dyms definitely need one
    Worrying that i couldn’t get one £22 to run in 3 hours. Only 1 £16.50 plus a handful of £11s in all that time too.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,310

"...Nice to see a cash promotion although cash seems to get plenty of traffic anyway
    Dyms definitely need one..."

Watch this space. And don't blink.