You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
    Derby were really good last night
    Sounds odd considering that we were 3-0 down at one stage but it’s true
    This season is a write off but i’m far more optimistic than i was previously
    We seem to have found a way of playing and i think we’ve found a future star in Max Bird

I did play poker for 45 minutes before the football
    Won something like 12 out of 13 dyms at low stakes and made a quick £45
    I like those sessions.
  • Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Casual £1 per minute :sunglasses:
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,315
    Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

The world today

In local news a gentleman whose surname isn’t Smith or Jones was caught speeding at over 100mph and given a prison term

He totally deserved it

The comments are so so sad though

“Scum...deport”

“Won’t be his fault at all. he won’t feel like belongs or is welcomed in British society. prison is no deterrent at all. a chance to mingle with similar, dealing, extremism etc”

And these comments get plenty of ‘likes’

When did it become ok for people to feel safe to be horrible racists again?

It's become more open & "acceptable" in the last few years.

We can blame people like Nigel Farage - &, let's not forget, all who supported him - for normalising the view that people from other countries, especially those with different colour skin - are in some way inferior, or less entitled, than us white folk.

Yesterday, a plane load of West Indians were deported as they had a criminal record.

Rolf Harris, however, who is a convicted paedo, was not deported & faces no such threat. He's white, of course.

Don't get me started on racism, please...
    I’ve been thinking about this some more
    I do mostly agree with what you said

But is it possible also that things haven’t actually changed that much other than there are now multiple ways for these people to express their horrid views and so we see them more?
    Facebook, twitter etc
    Their egos being massaged by all the cretins who ‘like’ or give thumbs up to their posts

There have been plenty of Tommy Robinson’s in years gone by but they largely went un noticed

Now they have the platforms to express their views far more

You may be right there.

What surprises me though is that racists don't seem embarrassed to make, on Facebook, Twitter & even here on occasions, racist comments.

I'm fairly sure you are correct that there have always been racists, in fact it may have been worse 30 or 40 years ago, but people would never have aired such views even if Social Media existed then, as it's so abhorrent. Now, they seem proud to air their views.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,315
    Jac35 said:

Unusually for me i’m going to have another small gripe today

Something else which has been irking me for some time
    People think that write can write truly offensive things on the internet and if anyone doesn’t like it then they can hit them with “you’re a snowflake” to shut them up and put them in their place

Clowns

Ha, I picked up on that too.

When recreational players log on at night they are there to chill for the evening, some relaxation after a day's work, or a crying baby or high maintenance partner. There's no reason at all that they should be forced to accept abuse from other & usually better players. It would & could not happen in any other recreation, & it's beyond ridiculous that poker players should be so labelled just because they would prefer not to be mocked. And in most cases, the players being abused are losing their money (long term if not short term) to the abusers. Did you ever hear anything so bizarre?

Fortunately - & I'm not sure if this is peculiar to Sky Poker - but there are a lot of really "good winners" here. I can't ever imagine The Bates, Melty, Timmy Tim Tim & many, many others doing it.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,066
    A lot of people saw the whole Brexit debate as a green light to air their racist views.
    I know people who took the "We got our country back" stance, ironically some of them were from an Irish background. I discussed this with them saying that they are technically immigrants too. But of course that was different in their eyes.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    Hi Paul
    The swings you encountered lately would scare me tbh, well done on your coping strategies.
    On the other topic you mention , I have a dilemma at present , a close family member who we lost contact with a while ago ( and who my good lady doesn’t want to do so again) is a supporter of “ Leave “ on the basis of “ Them immigrants “, and never holds back in our company on expressing clear racist views, her husband ( who has apparently read ALL of the Maastricht treaty , in the french language no less 😏 )feeds her obvious untruths about the EU .

When I try to engage in a discussion on other topics, it seems to always come back to the current hot topic and I’m finding it increasingly more difficult not to say “ enough is enough , you .....,”

Ways to cope and avoid falling out ?
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,269
    edited February 2020
    tomgoodun said:

Hi Paul
    The swings you encountered lately would scare me tbh, well done on your coping strategies.
    On the other topic you mention , I have a dilemma at present , a close family member who we lost contact with a while ago ( and who my good lady doesn’t want to do so again) is a supporter of “ Leave “ on the basis of “ Them immigrants “, and never holds back in our company on expressing clear racist views, her husband ( who has apparently read ALL of the Maastricht treaty , in the french language no less 😏 )feeds her obvious untruths about the EU .

When I try to engage in a discussion on other topics, it seems to always come back to the current hot topic and I’m finding it increasingly more difficult not to say “ enough is enough , you .....,”

Stay in and play Poker ;)

Seriously though Tom ...... try and ride it out by not seeing them quite as much I'd say. If you have to be in their company and the convo is moving towards THAT topic..... get up and go to the loo (blaming 'Old Man's problem!' ) and take 5 minutes chilling out, and when you come back, talk about something completely different, that's come to you whilst you were away. Or if you're out with them, go to the Bar for that 'Chill out'....... might get expensive, so when you've been twice on the trot, show him up by telling him it's surely his round! ;)

GOOD LUCK :)

....and always remember, HOT topics become Lukewarm and then cold and forgotten topics, and eventually get taken over by a new HOT topic :#
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,432
    MISTY4ME said:

tomgoodun said:

Hi Paul

Stay in and play Poker ;)

Seriously though Tom ...... try and ride it out by not seeing them quite as much I'd say. If you have to be in their company and the convo is moving towards THAT topic..... get up and go to the loo (blaming 'Old Man's problem!' ) and take 5 minutes chilling out, and when you come back, talk about something completely different, that's come to you whilst you were away. Or if you're out with them, go to the Bar for that 'Chill out'....... might get expensive, so when you've been twice on the trot, show him up by telling him it's surely his round! ;)

GOOD LUCK :)

....and always remember, HOT topics become Lukewarm and then cold and forgotten topics, and eventually get taken over by a new HOT topic :#
    Much easier is to say 'can you just hold it there for a second?'

And go home.
  • gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 530
    Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

The world today

In local news a gentleman whose surname isn’t Smith or Jones was caught speeding at over 100mph and given a prison term

He totally deserved it

“Scum...deport”

“Won’t be his fault at all. he won’t feel like belongs or is welcomed in British society. prison is no deterrent at all. a chance to mingle with similar, dealing, extremism etc”

We can blame people like Nigel Farage - &, let's not forget, all who supported him - for normalising the view that people from other countries, especially those with different colour skin - are in some way inferior, or less entitled, than us white folk.

Yesterday, a plane load of West Indians were deported as they had a criminal record.

Rolf Harris, however, who is a convicted paedo, was not deported & faces no such threat. He's white, of course.

Yeah agree
    The question was rhetorical

Modern Britain
    *correction* modern England

Thank you.
    gregkdy82 said:

Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

The world today

He totally deserved it

“Scum...deport”

Yeah agree
    The question was rhetorical

Modern Britain
    *correction* modern England

Thank you.
    Snowflake!

😉
    edited February 2020
    Short and sweet

I had got it back to only £15 down for the month
    Played **** tonight and also lost flips
    Bad combo

£164 down for the month again
    I must admit I had a bit of a “**** it, i don’t care” attitude about me tonight, Fortunately that’s not normal me. It’s a very very long time since I felt that way,
    Will punch myself in the face for a bit now and make sure I don’t do that ever again

Got a lot of points though :)
    Some advice please
    I think i may be further behind with mtts than i thought after the last couple of weeks
    This hand is from the £22bhh
    Excellent player opens from the sb and i think i have a fairly easy shove from the bb?

He makes the call and obviously this is great news for me when i see his cards
    I don’t think i would ever call with his hand there
    He’s knows a lot more about poker than me

I’m the effective stack and it’s a bounty hunter
    Does this sway him into making the call or is the call fairly standard anyway?

xxx Small blind 50.00 50.00 3180.00
    Jac35 Big blind 100.00 150.00 2135.00
    Your hole cards

chicknMelt Fold
    MrTucker Fold
    Blaiseee Fold
    s6girl Fold
    xxx Raise 250.00 400.00 2930.00
    Jac35 All-in 2135.00 2535.00 0.00
    xxx All-in 2930.00 5465.00 0.00
    xxx Unmatched bet 995.00 4470.00 995.00
    xxx Show
    A
    Jac35 Show
    Is it A6sooooooooted? Also do you have min bounty?

Put the range you think people would jam over a raise bvb into Equilab - remove top of the range because people are often going to 3bet to a non-all-in amount or trap or whatever rather than just jam. Obviously they should be doing a mixture so play around with it and see how A6 does against these ranges. Then factor in you need a bit less equity covering for the bounty

Put the range you think people would jam over a raise bvb into Equilab - remove top of the range because people are often going to 3bet to a non-all-in amount or trap or whatever rather than just jam. Obviously they should be doing a mixture so play around with it and see how A6 does against these ranges. Then factor in you need a bit less equity covering for the bounty

Not suited and min bounty
    What would be your ingame decision with the A6?
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,066
    edited February 2020
    For me it's totally dependant on who is in the bb. In the bb you can profitably jam hands like QTs, KJo any pair etc. but obviously not everybody does.
    Jac35 said:

Not suited and min bounty
    What would be your ingame decision with the A6?
    Don't worry what my decision would be - plug it in see :)

Then see what the threshold is, then change assumptions about BB's range, then see what the new threshold is, etc etc etc

You'll get far more out of it than if Bates or whoever pops in and says call or fold.
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,713
    ul gg

It’s close. They’ve got to be assuming you can jam non-ace non-suited broadways I think. If you’re not their range is dominated.

You can convert the bounty instant prize into chips to work out the pot odds required - it’s an additional 1/3 of the starting stack at min bounty. There is implied equity of future bounties too for picking up a stack that covers everyone but harder to put a number on.
    Finally in profit for the month!
    £11 up 😁

Heads hurting from lots of Dyms so just 1 tabling the mini now
    23/43

Never dull at Derby
    Local radio commentator has been sacked after comments yesterday
    I don’t think he’s in the slightest bit racist. Just not very bright. He has to go though I think

During the broadcast, Ramage, who the BBC confirmed would no longer work with the corporation, said: "When I look at certain players, their body language, their stance, the way they act, you just feel, hold on a minute, he needs pulling down a peg or two.

"So I'd probably say that about all the young black lads, all the young advice if they wanted it, that, you know, it's about, when you are struggling for form, you are going through a sticky patch, it's about going back to basics, working hard, and doing the right things."
  • loueytongloueytong Member Posts: 3
    Jac35 said:

I started playing cash at 100nl and it was interesting. Well interesting if you like car crashes.
    I was playing Loueytong heads up and not running too well. I was limping into each hand with my whole range as he liked to then raise between 9x to 14x

He made a lot of straights :)
    Particular highlight was having JQ on JJ6 rainbow and him firing big on the flop. He had 10 8
    Runner runner straights for £365 aren’t great when you’re holding the JQ :)

He seemed a really nice guy. I was in for about £900 on that table and he suggested we stop. And he wasn’t being a ****..
    I felt good in the game and was playing ok so i carried on. I did make about £500 back.

hey! just saw this. yeah, that was a rough session for you but then the tables turned. there was a huge pot your nut flush vs my second nut which im sure you enjoyed :) see ya on the tables.
    Not a great time to see this turn and river
    Only £2650 up top :)
    Still, i'd have taken 7th at the start i guess

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    Alvez11 Small blind 3000.00 3000.00 53191.50
    snowman69 Big blind 6000.00 9000.00 279288.75
    Your hole cards
    A
    A

ckd Fold
    Jac35 All-in 31845.50 40845.50 0.00