You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    chrisdonkbchrisdonkb Member Posts: 129
    @Jac35 not sure if you’re referring to your bust out hand as being a buffoon in the major but I thought it was a good play! (Maybe that means it’s bad). But if you ever 3b me again with JTo then we’ll fall out
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740

@Jac35 not sure if you’re referring to your bust out hand as being a buffoon in the major but I thought it was a good play! (Maybe that means it’s bad). But if you ever 3b me again with JTo then we’ll fall out

It sounds like @Jac35 was trying to isolate fish at the table. Good play confirmed!
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    £10 free bets are good :)

I think the last time i put a bet on a horse it was 10p each way on Corbiere in the 1983 Grand National

Holiday in Pisa has been cancelled and i’ve been refunded which saves some worry

Where should i go in this Country instead?
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Ul on Pisa but at least you got it back. Did you get automatically refunded or did you have to take it through travel insurance?

What's the free bet?
  • Options

Ul on Pisa but at least you got it back. Did you get automatically refunded or did you have to take it through travel insurance?

What's the free bet?

It was through Booking.com and automatically refunded

Cheltenham first race
    £10 free bet
    Money back if it loses
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Jac35 said:

Cheltenham first race
    £10 free bet
    Money back if it loses

If you're after cheap Cheltenham punts, there's a smaller bookie doing this on the 3:30 every day for Cheltenham too, although their prices are **** (they're running most of their horse markets to about 125%), and it's money back as a free bet.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Morning everyone

Interesting times
    It’s only a week looking up since the last posts on here and it seems like a different world

I’ve had zero motivation to play recently. I may possibly have a go tonight though

As is the case for everyone life feels tough right now
    Harry’s Mum is having to self isolate for at least 12 weeks. I’m still at work, for now .
    And so we’ve had to make the decision that i won’t see him for the foreseeable future

Explaining this to a 6 year old is not easy

Stay safe people
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

Ugh. That's just terrible, and yet similar stories are acting out all across the globe.

I've never known anything quite like it in all my life. It's pretty scary.
  • Options
    Peculiar times we live in

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,288
    Jac35 said:

Peculiar times we live in

Now if they registered 6 months ago that would be even more worrying.
  • Options
    Hi everyone

It’s a bit quiet on here these days but i thought i’d say hello anyway

I hope everybody is well.
    Tough times for all but it’s so good to see how much people are helping one another. When all this ends it’d be nice to think that that can continue

Stay safe
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Utterly horrendous times

The news tonight about Boris Johnson was dreadfully sad.

I was off work last week but didn’t really play much. I just don’t have too much motivation for poker right now.
    I seem to be in the minority though as the tables are busier than ever. The games seem to be very high variance as would be expected with an influx of new players. I had a pretty shoddy night on Saturday when i did decide to play a lot of mtts.
    Had a bit of a whine to some friends as I have a tendency to do. Quickly shut up though when I realised that losing or winning a hundred here or there really doesn’t matter one bit In the grand scheme
    I played for 40 minutes on Sunday and got most back by winning all but one of the £22s, £16.50s a £11s that I played
    Stupid game 😊

I’m back at work now as I’m classed as a key worker. With the consent of my bosses I’ve changed my hours so that I’m in the office when next to no one is there. I don’t mind finishing much later than normal as, well, there’s not a lot to do at present when we get home.

It’s tough not seeing Harry, although we FaceTime. I think he’s getting bored with it though. When I rung the other day I heard him tell his Mum that he wasn’t available to chat. Important Lego project took precedence 😊

I think like lots of others I’m doing shopping for plenty of people at the moment.
    Melissa has moved in with me for the time being. It was a situation that I could never envisage ever happening on Saturday when I shopped for Penny whilst Melissa shopped for my ex in laws 😁

Very happy to see @Phantom66 post today.

I’ve got Melissa into Breaking Bad and we’re watching 2 or 3 episodes a day. No problem with watching that all over again,
    New episode of Better Call Saul arrives on Tuesday too.

I may play a bit tomorrow

Overall the year at poker has gone well and adding rakeback and promotions I’m on target for the goal I set out for at the beginning of the year.

Take care everyone

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,026
    Horrendous times indeed mate. It really makes you appreciate the important things in life that we took for granted. I can only imagine how tough it must be not being able to see Harry and I hope that changes sooner rather than later.

Love Breaking Bad, best boxset by a country mile. Never got into Better Call Saul but I only gave it 2 episodes before giving up. Is it worth sticking with then?
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Jac35 said:

Morning everyone

Interesting times
    It’s only a week looking up since the last posts on here and it seems like a different world

I’ve had zero motivation to play recently. I may possibly have a go tonight though

As is the case for everyone life feels tough right now
    Harry’s Mum is having to self isolate for at least 12 weeks. I’m still at work, for now .
    And so we’ve had to make the decision that i won’t see him for the foreseeable future

Explaining this to a 6 year old is not easy

Stay safe people

Not easy as you say, I am in a semi-similar boat where my son's mother "pulled rank" and I have had little contact with him over the past 3 weeks or so. We had not been getting on for a good few weeks now so felt a bit slighted at this. We have not been together for 6 years now.

Reading your post has put my situation in perspective.

You have work which is good and a distraction as it were.

In the past couple of days my situation has calmed down and I had a first proper video chat in the sun with my 8 year old. Crazy thing is he stays less than 3 minutes walk away! I have been advised to stay away from the house in case I pass on anything.

I was recommended by one of those practical friends to play the long game. Not known for being the patient type this was not what I wanted to hear at the time.

Guess the point is and I don't know the extent of your situation however if video calling is an option its worth grabbing with two hands!

Wish you well mate!
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

It’s tough not seeing Harry, although we FaceTime.

I use whatsapp with us on the mobiles. I showed my wee one my garage project earlier while he showed me his new basketball trick. Being a sun lover and recording him shooting hoops will live with me for a while.

I have been ignored by him over the past week or so as he was playing with pals or playing his computer. **** hurt but that's his priority at the moment.

To have fun, not speak or video to boring dad. :)

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Horrifying that there are vile creatures like this in these positions

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/labour-expels-heanor-mayor-saying-4027262
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    Jac35 said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/labour-expels-heanor-mayor-saying-4027262

The only good thing is that the Party expelled her so quickly.

I'm no Boris fan, but I'd never dream of wishing him ill or saying he deserves it.

Utterly despicable woman, Derby are better off without her.
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Silly! Can't be posting that in her position. I haven't fully read the article however for her sake I hope she did not go for the cop out line "someone must have hacked my account".
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    Cammykaze said:

Jac35 said:

Silly! Can't be posting that in her position. I haven't fully read the article however for her sake I hope she did not go for the cop out line "someone must have hacked my account".
    No, she said sorry, and said she had been stupid. As indeed she had.

We all say stupid things sometimes. But the media insists that no-one gets a second chance. Except journalists and politicians the media like...
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Cammykaze said:

Jac35 said:

No, she said sorry, and said she had been stupid. As indeed she had.

We all say stupid things sometimes. But the media insists that no-one gets a second chance. Except journalists and politicians the media like...
    I’m all for second chances
    But in this case, absolutely not