You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404

I’m all for second chances
    But in this case, absolutely not

Asolutley this, its a few steps away from high treason.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    mumsie said:

I’m all for second chances
    But in this case, absolutely not

Asolutley this, its a few steps away from high treason.

Thought it was a bit harsh myself! :D
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    edited April 2020
    Took my head out of my arsee

Started again

I think I played 12 Dyms ranging from £5 to £33
    Won the lot

Made a few quid on the night

Poker is the bollockss

Goodnight
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

Ha. That's more like it.
  • Options
    mnolan8317mnolan8317 Member Posts: 48
    Loving getting chance to play these. On for 30000 points this month, my record was 10500 last month.

Used to do poker full time several years ago but have a career I love but that involves a lot of travel so poker has been on the back burner.

Who is everyone's most respected DYM player. Mine has to be Timmy. Seen some very questionable stuff from some of the profitable reg.
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited April 2020

Who is everyone's most respected DYM player. Mine has to be Timmy. Seen some very questionable stuff from some of the profitable reg.

Timmy defo up there for me. I haven't played much since last summer and I think Timmy's on turbos more now, so been a while since I've had him on my tables.

Timmy has my 'good reg' colour tag as opposed to the 'SHARK. AVOID.' colour which I've given to maybe 4 DYM regs ever. Could have got even better since I played him last though obv.

However the combination of volume and being consistently very good defo makes him more respected overall than some of the regs whose A-game may be marginally better at times - but they don't have anywhere near the volume, don't play close to their A-game as consistently, or they have other leaks with tilt/BRM etc.

In the past, I would have probably answered @dialbi4, but Finnish players are no longer allowed on Sky. So yeah, probs Timmy out of the active players.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Loving getting chance to play these. On for 30000 points this month, my record was 10500 last month.

Used to do poker full time several years ago but have a career I love but that involves a lot of travel so poker has been on the back burner.

Hi Mnolan
    Welcome to my little moaning thread 😊

@dialbi4 is the best dym player I’ve played in 10 years on Sky
    Currently I really admire @TimmyRaRa and the way he goes about his business. A gentleman at the tables and unflappable. He just continues to do the right things regardless of the outcomes previously. This is a lot harder to do than people realise.

Other strong regs playing now include in no particular order

@sircryptic
    @Mayhem357
    @gregkdy82
    @SJspanky1
    @EvilPingu
    @babes01
    @johnmonty
  • Options
    SJspanky1SJspanky1 Member Posts: 620
    Jac35 said:

Hi Mnolan
    Welcome to my little moaning thread 😊

@dialbi4 is the best dym player I’ve played in 10 years on Sky
    Currently I really admire @TimmyRaRa and the way he goes about his business. A gentleman at the tables and unflappable. He just continues to do the right things regardless of the outcomes previously. This is a lot harder to do than people realise.

Other strong regs playing now include in no particular order

@sircryptic
    @Mayhem357
    @gregkdy82
    @SJspanky1
    @EvilPingu
    @babes01
    @johnmonty
    If say one of these supposedly strong regs was presently in the midst of a hideous downswing at DYM's, would you be willing to give advice on how to moan himself back into form? Asking for a friend like.
  • Options

@SJspanky1

You've come to exactly the right place. The Rolls Royce of moaning threads.

Yours friend's misfortune apart, how are you keeping?
  • Options
    SJspanky1SJspanky1 Member Posts: 620
    @Tikay10

I'm good thanks Tony. Like everyone I'm trying to get my head around our adjusted reality. I'm working from home but the business has furloughed a lot of staff so I'm pottering about with work related stuff for 4-5 hours a day and then trying to fill my time wisely(the odd game of poker aside). I live in a decent spot but walking round looking at the same fields gets old. I miss the pub and golf course but everything we all took for granted and can't see or do for the foreseeable is more than worth it for every family spared the tragedy of losing a loved one.

Poker wise, 'my friend' is having a strange old time. He mainly play 3 variants nowadays - low limit PLO, DYM's and a few MTT's. Whenever he does well in one his results in the other fall off a cliff. After a massive drunken Friday night losing sesh at PLO50 leaving his bankroll obliterated he rebuilt it via DYM's. This week he has probably lost 60% of DYM's but is running like MrBlewpie at PLO. Funny old game poker....

Hope he binks a UKOPS over the weekend but it won't be today as he is just about to fire the BBQ up and crack open a can of Thatchers.
  • Options
    SJspanky1 said:

@Tikay10

I'm good thanks Tony. Like everyone I'm trying to get my head around our adjusted reality. I'm working from home but the business has furloughed a lot of staff so I'm pottering about with work related stuff for 4-5 hours a day and then trying to fill my time wisely(the odd game of poker aside). I live in a decent spot but walking round looking at the same fields gets old. I miss the pub and golf course but everything we all took for granted and can't see or do for the foreseeable is more than worth it for every family spared the tragedy of losing a loved one.

Poker wise, 'my friend' is having a strange old time. He mainly play 3 variants nowadays - low limit PLO, DYM's and a few MTT's. Whenever he does well in one his results in the other fall off a cliff. After a massive drunken Friday night losing sesh at PLO50 leaving his bankroll obliterated he rebuilt it via DYM's. This week he has probably lost 60% of DYM's but is running like MrBlewpie at PLO. Funny old game poker....

Hope he binks a UKOPS over the weekend but it won't be today as he is just about to fire the BBQ up and crack open a can of Thatchers.

Terrific post, thanks mate, & take care.
  • Options
    Not sure if it’s due to lockdown etc but i want to kill the cleaner at work
    I’ve had to go out for a smoke

He’s singing non stop. The same stupid words over and over again

I hate people singing and whistling at the best of times

I’m definitely not a grumpy soul 😉
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    MattBates said:

EvilPingu said:

Timmy defo up there for me. I haven't played much since last summer and I think Timmy's on turbos more now, so been a while since I've had him on my tables.

Timmy has my 'good reg' colour tag as opposed to the 'SHARK. AVOID.' colour which I've given to maybe 4 DYM regs ever. Could have got even better since I played him last though obv.

However the combination of volume and being consistently very good defo makes him more respected overall than some of the regs whose A-game may be marginally better at times - but they don't have anywhere near the volume, don't play close to their A-game as consistently, or they have other leaks with tilt/BRM etc.

In the past, I would have probably answered @dialbi4, but Finnish players are no longer allowed on Sky. So yeah, probs Timmy out of the active players.
    He's no finished he is only 28!
    I hope a lot of people appreciate that comment matt.
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    If you hate singing and whistling how do you feel about mooing?

BBC News - Coronavirus: Belper moo relieves lockdown misery

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-52252003
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    Phantom66 said:

If you hate singing and whistling how do you feel about mooing?

BBC News - Coronavirus: Belper moo relieves lockdown misery

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-52252003

In reality, that is just a traditional Derbyshire chat-up line :)
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Good afternoon

Had a little dabble at that poker lark last night
    Played a bunch of dyms and also 2 mtts

Pleased the mtts went ok as the dyms were disastrous

Couldn’t win a hand and lost a few quid

But was going along nicely in the mini and then had a 5 minute period of being owned by a player who normally plays dyms. Hate dyms.
    Bust the mini in 37th for a bit of profit

Played the £22 mega as well and had lots of rungood in that
    @waller02 had the temerity to 3bet shove tiny pairs v me twice and got extremely lucky to win both of those hands.
    But he very kindly then gave me all those chips back a few hands later so it was very pleasant to take his bounty.

Finished 3rd so a £256 profit for the night was decent enough

No poker tonight but may play tomorrow

Melissa is a bit stressed today as she’s popped home and some wankerr.. has been in her garden. The gate was bolted but was wide open when she arrived. No sign of a break in but she’s now worried and may go home soon. She’s 30 miles away so she can’t just go and check daily

So potentially i might be playing a bit more but not in the circumstances i wanted

It’s such a peculiar time. How were doing things now feels kind of normal after a few weeks which is weird
    I can’t see anything really changing for a long time to come

I guess the restrictions will be lifted to a degree over the next 6 weeks or so but not because the virus has gone away. Just because the capacity will be there for new wave of people to get it. I doubt that they’ll put it like that though

Chatted to Harry on Facetime. He was getting bored and wanted to end the call. I said let’s chat for a few minutes longer. He said “ok but only if you give me a pound”
    Don’t know where he’s got that from

Take care everyone
  • Options
    Anyone know how to fix a hot water tap that's just spinning around? Plumber I think :(

Day off work today. Nearly went in and did a bit of overtime but i'm glad I didn't bother. Got a lot of jobs done and played for around 3 hours over the day.
    Made £75 and had a 11 streak. 12th game smarted when I lost a flip when he maybe should have folded but nevermind.

I also was very very lucky to get some coaching from a bloke who has a girls alias.
    He was a but rude as well but that's to be expected :)

I made a call and was dominated and this didn't go down well when I won.

I showed a lack of respect with my call (it was AQ)
    I'm never ever winning in that spot
    Shocking call
    He didn't think I was that bad
    It was awful
    I'm a reg who is meant to be decent

I wasn't really listening but then I had to sit up and take note and feel very priveledged to get this help when I was then told that

He was the best dym player on the site
    sharkscope says so
    He's overtaken Timmy at dyms

I wasn't too sure that he was the best tbh. But then he said it was 'Fact'

So it must be true

I'd felt a bit left out previously when he was calling players lots of names. He didn't really call me names but it was nice to be included.

And I've also learned that I should always fold AQ to a 3bet shove from a short stacked reg.

WIN WIN
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Can't be the best player on the site, as if they were they'd have taken it in their stride.

I honestly thought that sort of nonsense, which was quite normal Online 12 or 15 years ago, had died out.