You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited October 2022
    Tikay10 said:

@Jac35

Be good to see you in Sunday's Major, been a while since you played one of those I imagine?

It is

I’ve never played particularly high on Sky although i suppose i did use to 10 table £10s to £20 dyms
    Live though i didn’t even think twice about buying in to £100 comps on a very regular basis

Frightens me now to play above £20 :)
    Getting old, responsibilities. I think too much about the money these days
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Needed 10 games tonight to reach 40k games on here
    Delighted to report it was a thrilling session of 10 dyms making £8
    It’s taken me just over 11 years

Avg buy in has decreased steadily as i’ve got worse but still turning over a little profit
    Anyone got an electric car?
    I’m getting my mine in June and i’m looking at chargers
    Through a work scheme i can get £100 off and Ohme one. £899
    It seems about the best price i can pay?
    Derby were poor last night but overall we’ve done pretty well so far this season
    I went to the last home game v Bolton. Just over 30 thousand in the ground for a league one game is amazing. Standard is awful in truth.
    Moving golf courses this season.
    I just don’t get to play enough these days and £1250 is a lot to pay for not much golf.
    I’ve found a membership which gives me 15 rounds for £300 and most importantly i keep my handicap. So with a mate who’s doing the same we’re going to play 5 or 6 opens at some of the best courses in the midlands and pay a lot less overall

Belated Happy New Year and hope everyone is well
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573

@Jac35

Can you explain that Golf Course Membership please? Is it at a specific Club?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@Jac35

Can you explain that Golf Course Membership please? Is it at a specific Club?

Hi Tony

Yes, of course.

It’s at my old club, Mickleover. They do a ‘lite’ membership. You get 150 credits. Different times of day cost different amounts of credits. If I wanted to play a Saturday comp at 10am it would be 30 credits. If I want to play friendly game at 6.30 on a week night it would be 10. And so on
    Winter golf is generally 7.5 credits.

With the times I play it works nicely

I can do marked handicap cards.
    Importantly with keeping a handicap and being formally attached to a club, Opens are still available to me.
  • Options
    Just to add
    I’m aware that Morley do something slightly similar
    It’s on the Tower course and it’s basically purely to give you a golf club handicap.
    I think they give you 4 rounds on there and it’s £60
  • Options

Thanks Paul.

And yes, I've purchased that deal at Morley Hayes, and just have two rounds left on the Tower Course to get my Handicap.

I've also got a 2 for 1 Morley Hayes Manor Course Privilege Card. It's basically two rounds at half price.

I was there today, at the Range, & it was a gorgeous sunny day & I really had bad golf itch, but it was a little too cold & breezy for my liking. Can't wait to get started, though I don't expect to play much at Morley Hayes, I want to just play different courses.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Tikay10 said:

Thanks Paul.

And yes, I've purchased that deal at Morley Hayes, and just have two rounds left on the Tower Course to get my Handicap.

I've also got a 2 for 1 Morley Hayes Manor Course Privilege Card. It's basically two rounds at half price.

I was there today, at the Range, & it was a gorgeous sunny day & I really had bad golf itch, but it was a little too cold & breezy for my liking. Can't wait to get started, though I don't expect to play much at Morley Hayes, I want to just play different courses.

I’m the same
    Fair weather golf now me

Have you taken a look at Breadsall and the Moorland course yet?
    Close enough to you and pretty flat
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Yes, I went & had a look last week, it's perfect, & will likely be my first or second round, as I might get my first round at Morley free after chatting with the Pro.

It was such a lovely day today I went & stood on the first tee & watched few players tee off. Perfect opening hole for me, nicely downhill with a very wide fairway & almost no tree problems.

Can't wait, I'm ridiculously excited.

Cleared it with the Sky Suits too, they are fine with me disappearing a couple of afternoons a week to go play golf.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    @Jac35 @Tikay10

HAPPY GOLFING Boys :)
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,279
    Tikay10 said:

Yes, I went & had a look last week, it's perfect, & will likely be my first or second round, as I might get my first round at Morley free after chatting with the Pro.

It was such a lovely day today I went & stood on the first tee & watched few players tee off. Perfect opening hole for me, nicely downhill with a very wide fairway & almost no tree problems.

Cleared it with the Sky Suits too, they are fine with me disappearing a couple of afternoons a week to go play golf.

That's all very well for the Sky Suits to say but what is going to happen to the forum and Sky Poker in general when you're not there? My guess is it all turns to RS as soon as you tee off. :D

p.s. Good luck with the golf, I may take it up again when I'm too old to play tennis.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,279
    Jac35 said:

Avg buy in has decreased steadily as i’ve got worse but still turning over a little profit
    Derby were poor last night but overall we’ve done pretty well so far this season
    I went to the last home game v Bolton. Just over 30 thousand in the ground for a league one game is amazing. Standard is awful in truth.
    I just don’t get to play enough these days and £1250 is a lot to pay for not much golf.
    I’ve found a membership which gives me 15 rounds for £300 and most importantly i keep my handicap. So with a mate who’s doing the same we’re going to play 5 or 6 opens at some of the best courses in the midlands and pay a lot less overall

Sounds like everything is going well, which is great to hear.

Quick question on the golf, once you've played your 15 rounds can you 'reload' or is it limited to one £300 payment per season? My cousin runs a golf course, I don't know if he offers anything similar but it sounds like a good idea.
  • Options
    Enut said:

Jac35 said:

Sounds like everything is going well, which is great to hear.

Quick question on the golf, once you've played your 15 rounds can you 'reload' or is it limited to one £300 payment per season? My cousin runs a golf course, I don't know if he offers anything similar but it sounds like a good idea.
    Yes
    You can purchase more credits at any time
    If on the other hand you don’t use all your credits then they roll over to the next season
  • Options
    gixxerk4gixxerk4 Member Posts: 212
    Tikay10 said:

@Tikay10 I remember chatting to you about the golf last year at SPT Glasgow.
    Great to hear you have taken the plunge again good luck.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Thanks @gixxerk4

Got myself a Hybrid today (golf club, not car) at the suggestion of @Jac35.

Took it to the range & it really is the easiest club to use.
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    There is a website which works in a similar way regarding the points.
    Playmoregolf.
    You pick your preferred affiliated club near you, pay about £300-£400 for 100 points.
    You can get a handicap too.
    80 points to be used at that club but the other 20 can also be used at any other affiliated club.
    The points can also be used by your playing partners if you wish.
    It's quite good value if you play during the week.
  • Options
    gixxerk4gixxerk4 Member Posts: 212
    Tikay10 said:

Thanks @gixxerk4

Got myself a Hybrid today (gold club, not car) at the suggestion of @Jac35.

Funnily enough I have always struggled with hybrids can't figure out why.
    I have a ping 7 wood which I hit around 190 which I adore.
  • Options
    gixxerk4 said:

Tikay10 said:

Thanks @gixxerk4

Got myself a Hybrid today (gold club, not car) at the suggestion of @Jac35.

Funnily enough I have always struggled with hybrids can't figure out why.
    I have a ping 7 wood which I hit around 190 which I adore.
    I love my 7 wood, if there is one club I can guarantee to get the ball away cleanly every time it's that one. 190 yards? You must be joking, I'm way short of that, maybe 150/160 best. But I'm fine with at, as it's usually pretty straight. If I can get on most Par 4's in three whacks, I'll be very happy.
  • Options
    More thrilling poker tonight
    Shoddy run outs at Dyms but jumped on cash at the end of the night and i’ve been gifted stacks

Small profit overall

Harry is 9 on Sunday
    Time flies

Finding a present wasn’t easy
    He made me smile the other day when he said “It’s not easy with kids these days, they just want tech stuff and mostly they already have it”
    I assume he’s heard that comment from his Mum or Grandparents

I’ve gone with a few little things plus a day out go karting at Nottingham

They grow up quickly

After the golf conversations i’m itching to play again
    Will watch Pebble this week. It’s a shame that the quality of field is currently diluted. Hopefully they can find a good way forwards
    Work is busy with new job but i’m off in a week and i plan to whack a few balls at the range
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Mannerisms
    This isn’t the best example of it but nevermind

Clenched fists for photos
    My Dad did it, I do it. Harry seems to have followed suit

Odd
  • Options

Fabulous photo of the three of you. No wonder you are proud of Harry, looks such a lovely lad.