You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,279
    That's a cracking photo of a happy family, well played!
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited February 2023
    I’m exceptionally consistent in having at least one blow up a year online
    It doesn’t normally come as early as the beginning of February

Flopped sets in my first two dyms and lost
    Had a few ridiculous ones and bust a few mtts in silly fashion

Was in for £240 which is a lot for me now

Had a nice Aces v Kings at cash and played £16.50s and £22s which i normally l leave these days

Ended up £3.66 up on night

Feels great :)

I did spill a can of peroni all over the sofa though. I made Melissa clean it up as i was 10 tabling
    She is unhappy
    Does £3.66 get me some flowers?
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    Jac35 said:

I’m exceptionally consistent in having at least one blow up a year online
    It doesn’t normally come as early as the beginning of February

Flopped sets in my first two dyms and lost
    Had a few ridiculous ones and bust a few mtts in silly fashion

Was in for £240 which is a lot for me now

Had a nice Aces v Kings at cash and played £16.50s and £22s which i normally l leave these days

Ended up £3.66 up on night

Feels great :)

I did spill a can of peroni all over the sofa though. I made Melissa clean it up as i was 10 tabling
    She is unhappy
    Does £3.66 get me some flowers?

Only if they have Orange Stickers on at Co-Op ......... after 6pm o:)

WELL PLAYED on making a £.££profit though mate :)
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    I’ve been watching a lot of Rick Shiels stuff on Youtube recently. Really enjoyable
    Crail is now on the bucket list
    Also inspired after seeing Hendrik playing Gullane, i played there many years ago, i decided it was time to hit some balls today
    I wasn’t expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. Just a basket at Morley

I’ ve sorted out my new membership at Mickleover. Start April 1st

Got a few opens arranged too. Looking forward to playing at Sherwood Forest. Also going back to Beau Desert, which is in my Top 10 of courses played

Not at all sad but i counted up the courses i’ve whacked a ball around the other day. 121 in 7 countries

I wonder how many @HENDRIK62 and @MISTY4ME have played?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573
    edited February 2023
    Ha, I think today was the first day I've not been to Morley's range in over a month.

I've tried a few other local Ranges, but Morely seems far & away the best equipped, & I can also get a coffee & a bite there if I want.

I bet you can hit it through those Rugby Posts? I always seem to be surrounded by players absolutely crushing their drives. And I'm there hitting it about 180 max, lol.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Ha, I think today was the first day I've not been to Morley's range in over a month.

I've tried a few other local Ranges, but Morely seems far & away the best equipped, & I can also get a coffee & a bite there if I want.

I bet you can hit it through those Rugby Posts? I always seem to be surrounded by players absolutely crushing their drives. And I'm there hitting it about 180 max, lol.

Yeah, when i hit my 7 iron well ;)

It is quite good there and as you say it’s decent for a coffee and food
    As a member at Horsley i just went there but Morley is definitely better
  • Options

FFS....
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,151
    Jac35 said:

I’ve been watching a lot of Rick Shiels stuff on Youtube recently. Really enjoyable
    Also inspired after seeing Hendrik playing Gullane, i played there many years ago, i decided it was time to hit some balls today

Got a few opens arranged too. Looking forward to playing at Sherwood Forest. Also going back to Beau Desert, which is in my Top 10 of courses played

Not at all sad but i counted up the courses i’ve whacked a ball around the other day. 121 in 7 countries

ok challenge accepted, i am such a saddo i will count as many as i can remember, it will take me a while but i will come back with the number :smiley:
  • Options
    HENDRIK62 said:

Jac35 said:

ok challenge accepted, i am such a saddo i will count as many as i can remember, it will take me a while but i will come back with the number :smiley:
    ps forgot to say Sherwood Forest is one of my favourite all time courses
  • Options
    ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 905
    HENDRIK62 said:

Jac35 said:

Might take up that challenge too, don't think I'll be in as many countries as 7 but would be surprised if I'm less than 121 courses; @HENDRIK62 will be well above that I'd have thought though.

Incidentally both Crail courses are excellent and well worth a visit, as are the 3 at Gullane; I'll be down at Gullane 2 on Good Friday for the annual works outing although I much prefer Gullane 1 which is top drawer. :)
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

@Jac35

Okay, did a count (had lots of time as got knocked out of everything really early)

I have map of all the courses in Scotland so that was a bit easier, but I am sure I have missed some in other places, my memory has become ridiculously bad
    So far I have

443 courses

15 countries
  • Options

I think we have a winner.

443 courses

15 countries
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021
    Crail is one of the nicest places I have ever been to. 1 of the golf courses is one of the oldest in the World.

Which reminds me:-

And the Scotsman says to God:-

"This can't be right. You are supposed to be a fair God. But you have given us the best golf courses, the finest whisky, great views, proud people. How can it be fair, that you have given us all this?"

God: "It is fair. Just wait until you see what neighbours I have given you."
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    I've been to one yes one two if you count the crazy golf at Butlins
    It was Malkins bank near Sandbach in 91, I just wasn't suited to the game :s
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,279
    I can't remember how many courses I have played at, I gave up at age 27 so it wasn't many, I did play a lot in the rough around the courses though, does that count?
  • Options
    ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 905
    My quick count gave me:

121 in Scotland
    2 in England
    18 in Spain
    13 in Portugal

So a grand total of 154 in 4 countries; not bad but not quite @HENDRIK62 -esque!
  • Options
    HENDRIK62 said:

Jac35 said:

@Jac35

Okay, did a count (had lots of time as got knocked out of everything really early)

I have map of all the courses in Scotland so that was a bit easier, but I am sure I have missed some in other places, my memory has become ridiculously bad
    So far I have

443 courses

15 countries
    443!
    That’s some going

Anyone would think you played for a living
  • Options
    Sherwood Forest is that good?

Looking forward to it even more now
  • Options
    edited February 2023

My quick count gave me:

121 in Scotland
    2 in England
    18 in Spain
    13 in Portugal

So a grand total of 154 in 4 countries; not bad but not quite @HENDRIK62 -esque!

That’s a lot
    I’d bet i’ve missed one or two somewhere but i’d still get nowhere near that
    You probably have missed the odd one as well.

Those countries too for me plus Wales, Ireland and Tunisia

You’d be well placed as well as Neil to recommend for Scotland then for next trip

I’ve played

Kilspindie
    North Berwick
    Glen
    Dunbar
    Longnidary (sp)
    Gullane 2 and 3
    Whitekirk
    Braid Hills
    Turnberry Ailsa
    Turnberry Kintyre (Robert the Bruce)
    Kilmarnock