You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

20k in 2020!

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Arrogant said:

I have you rated as one of top 5 players in mtts on this site.Could probably achieve alot more if you had the time and bankroll.

Haha thanks. On the off-chance you're not joking, I'd hope to be top 100, but probably 97th or something :D

Daytime games fit in really well with the rest of my life atm - I don't know how you craaaazy MTTers handle the sleep schedule!
  • Options
    Super excited for Mini UKOPS! There's a £5.50bh I can't play one day because of doing an online rehearsal until 8 but other than that I'd like to play every event. Planned it with other half that the usual 6.30 morning alarm is moving back to 8 for the week so that's something haha!
  • Options
    Howdy!

Thought I'd do a bit of a year recap to wrap things up in this thread. Also seems a good point to retire the blog/blogging in general. Thanks to everyone who has been a reader/commenter/lurker these past few years. Feels genuinely really cool that some top top players (and Duesenberg) have commented along the way :)

Poker profits since the start of the challenge (26th Nov 2019, not 1st Jan 2020) are just south of 5k. Obviously this is pretty disappointing in relation to the lofty 20k goal, but in relation to the low volume and low ABI I ended up playing I'm actually quite pleased with it! Obviously this year wasn't one that could be predicted and not much seems to have gone to plan for a lot of people so can hardly complain! Next year the only poker goal is to carry on playing so long as I still enjoy it and as long as I can stay profitable in the games :) 

Still a complete newbie to the whole investing thing but am taking this year as a huge positive as I finally opened an account and got going with this! I basically drip-fed poker winnings into index funds throughout the year. Currently showing 7% ROI for the year but 2 months ago was -3% so not taking anything for granted. Feels really good to be off the mark with this, having been thinking about it for a while!

Music has been the weirdest year of my career in that I haven't conducted an orchestral concert in a year now. The gigs we started rehearsing for in January were scheduled for March and had to be abandoned, and of course there have been none since. On the other hand, I've spent over 650 hours learning to produce electronic music - pretty random for an orchestra guy! Am not just a lover of geeky graphs when it comes to poker; I kept count of the hours I was doing on producing each week with a graph lol:

I've recently released some tracks and even got my first ever royalty payment - 4 cents!!! :D I'm actually really chuffed with this as I haven't told anyone I've released music yet, even friends and family, so there's like 3 listeners atm. This is verrrryyyyyyy much work in progress and I've got an awful lot to improve on but at the start of the year I didn't even know what a compressor was so I think I've come a long way in the past 12 months. Hopefully will keep improving if I put in another several hundred hours next year! I bloomin' love doing it though and that's obviously the most important thing.

Progressive House with elements of classical is music not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but if anyone's curious I'll leave a spotify and youtube link. The tracks with my friend Alex Zer singing are the only two actual full songs  - the others are more instrumental experimenty type things to make sure I was getting the file formats right etc lol :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuBJLTdr_pQ

Spotify:
    https://open.spotify.com/album/7aIlP5vo4695JLV5XBOOuJ

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiHgxNPLbKM

Thanks again for reading!