You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

20k in 2020!

Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
Howdy!

Saw Tikay mention the other day that the more threads there are kept going on the forum, the more likely it is that the forum will stick around! So I thought I'd try and keep one going through next year.

The goal will be, as the title says, to grow a 20k bankroll from scratch by the end of 2020! This is pretty darned ambitious for me as my best year so far was 10k in 2018, but I'm going to give it a good go. I'll also be cheating slightly as I'm measuring from the beginning of this month when I started with £200 and have managed to spin it up so far (sunrunning basically). I'll be playing MTTs mostly on Sky but also another site as I play the majority of sessions during the day and there isn't enough volume to be had on Sky alone. 

Current BR: £980. Obvs Sharkscope won't count my starting £200 and I've been working through a bonus on the other site.

Thanks for reading! Will try to keep with regular updates much better than I have done in the past. If I don't update in a calendar week, first to post and remind me gets a donation to their charity of choice :) 

Comments

• Options
    As mentioned in previous threads, I work as a classical musician, which quite often is pretty brutal. One of the great things about becoming profitable at poker is that it has given me the support to say no to gigs that really aren't worth the time of day! I've been lucky enough to have been a winner for the past few years and not needed to rely on it, so any profit from this challenge will stay in the roll to try and grow it up!

I love the game of poker but the things I love most are the graphs and statistics away from the table :) Messing around on Sharkscope is one of my favourite things to do, and I love working at trying to find the best schedule and properly balance ABI and the amount of expected variance in a schedule. This makes me think that investing in other areas/businesses is something I'd also enjoy. However, in the world outside of poker, 10% ROI over a year is often described as 'excessive' returns and so to properly delve into that world a much much larger bankroll would be needed to make anything like the returns you can make at poker from a far smaller investment. So for now, poker will be my primary 'investing' focus! But I may start exploring other areas as the roll grows (hopefully grows...) :)

Previously I've wanted to play in tough games to test myself and wanted to play in bigger games for the sake of playing bigger. Now though, I'm far more interested in having a higher return. For example, if hypothetically I have a 100% ROI in a £5 game it makes far more sense for me to play that than it would do a £55 (once I'm rolled for them). Even if my ROI is 10% there, which it probably isn't nowadays, I'd way rather opt for the path with least variance! I think I have a pretty good idea of my ability compared to various fields and am going to be less stubborn about it than I have been in the past. I once played the UKOPS £220 off a 1k roll - didn't end well! :D
  • Options
    Side goals will be:
    -Improve at music production. I find producing really fun but it's still pretty alien to me coming from a classical background.
    -I hopefully should be able to play some evenings along the way and I've never actually won a £33 on Sky. Would be nice to do this!
    -Stack @Duesenberg on as many final table bubbles as possible :D
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    Good Luck with this! Let's hope sky's around long enough for you to complete the challenge.
  • Options

Good Luck with this! Let's hope sky's around long enough for you to complete the challenge.

Tyty :) Let's hope so!!
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    GLGL :D Sky will have to stay open til 2021 now.
  • Options
    Allan23 said:

Needless to say I also hope to stack you as often as possible ;)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,083

Great thread idea, VBOL with it @Angmar2626
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864

Allan23 said:

I never play before 11 am so I needn't worry
  • Options
    Allan23 said:

Allan23 said:

I never play before 11 am so I needn't worry
    Come get involved mate - the more dead money the better!
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Great thread idea, VBOL with it @Angmar2626

Tyty! All live poker/4 card anecdotes welcome!
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740

Side goals will be:
    -Improve at music production. I find producing really fun but it's still pretty alien to me coming from a classical background.
    -I hopefully should be able to play some evenings along the way and I've never actually won a £33 on Sky. Would be nice to do this!

Just for that I've now decided my goal for 2020 is £21k in profit or Angmar's total plus £1 (whichever is the greater) B).

In all seriousness though, great to see you doing this and very best of luck :).
  • Options

Side goals will be:

Just for that I've now decided my goal for 2020 is £21k in profit or Angmar's total plus £1 (whichever is the greater) B).

In all seriousness though, great to see you doing this and very best of luck :).
    That'll be about £1,001 then!

You'll beat me easily if you stop getting distracted/side-tracked by EVERYTHING!

"I was going to load up a big session but then I decided I'd always wondered about the inner workings of a lawnmower"
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Best of luck mate. Will follow with interest.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Best of luck with this!
  • Options
    avixavix Member Posts: 16
    All the best for this, I'll be following along!
  • Options
    engyengy Member Posts: 723
    Good luck looking forward to reading
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Best of luck mate. Will follow with interest.

Tyty gl for your challenge also! Always a fun read
  • Options
    MattBates said:

Best of luck with this!

Tyty SenorBates - gl for 300k! :open_mouth:
  • Options
    avix said:

All the best for this, I'll be following along!

Tyty! I always find your graph aesthetically pleasing
  • Options
    engy said:

Good luck looking forward to reading

Tyty sire! See you at the tables no doubt ;)