You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

In difficult times...humour helps!( well me it does)

Comments

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299

lucy4 said:

FFS. The power of ignorance.

The original Skinheads were not a racist group. They're music was heavily influences by Jamaican and Reggae cultures which gave rise to Ska and then eventually 2 tone where mixed race multiculturism was the norm.

In fact your Ben Sherman, Hrrington, Half mast Levi, Doc Marten wearing, braces sporting Skin is probably too busy working on a complicated moonstomp, to give a rats a55 about racism.

Many British Skinhead / Seuedehead gangs were multiracial.

The concept of the Neo Nazi, Right Wing skinhead derives mainly from The USA, Australia and Eastern Europe.

Hey Mark, great post re: racism issue however, my memories of skinhead gangs in and around cheshire was they were not (only) racist as they discriminated against everybody!

Lest we forget it was Harrington wearing, Doc Marten stomping ( KD's from Manchester as well, remember them?) short haired chaps who used to terrorise in general and kick the sh it out of peeps like me who dared to have collar length hair....hair length's not an issue...

ps...True story...me and a mate we once cornered by a group of said gentleman, 10-12 and the ring leader was flicking my mate's hair saying " What do you think you are?"

My mate said " Me? I'm just a C U Next Tuesday....."

Said short haired chappie walked away muttering " You just watch it then! "...phew!
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,041

lucy4 said:

The original Skinheads were not a racist group. They're music was heavily influences by Jamaican and Reggae cultures which gave rise to Ska and then eventually 2 tone where mixed race multiculturism was the norm.

In fact your Ben Sherman, Hrrington, Half mast Levi, Doc Marten wearing, braces sporting Skin is probably too busy working on a complicated moonstomp, to give a rats a55 about racism.

The concept of the Neo Nazi, Right Wing skinhead derives mainly from The USA, Australia and Eastern Europe.

I'm fully aware about the origins of Skinhead culture in this country,that's why it's been posted here in the 'Humour' thread and not in the serious 'Racism' thread.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
    lucy4 said:

lucy4 said:

I'm fully aware about the origins of Skinhead culture in this country,that's why it's been posted here in the 'Humour' thread and not in the serious 'Racism' thread.
    Sorry its just that as a bald tatood 50 something everybody assumes I'm a racist. I guess I get a little defensive.

Apologies
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,041

lucy4 said:

lucy4 said:

Sorry its just that as a bald tatood 50 something everybody assumes I'm a racist. I guess I get a little defensive.

Apologies
    You've just described myself minus the tattoos haha,I've had it all my adult life some people can't see past the outside appearances but then again that goes for so many different people nowadays,no offence taken.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,507
    I became a Skinhead when the nit lady came to school .
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,028
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,507
    edited June 2020
    VespaPX said:

"I say old chap! My Daughter thinks your rather H orny"

When she said your name had a ring too it, tells me you're a Bit of a Stud
  • Options
    Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    If your employer insists under covid-19 regulations, that you wear a face visor over your glasses,
    then you have a potential claim for condensation ;)

No Hidden Costs or Catches, contact Claims4fun
  • Options
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options