You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Covid 19 UK.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,545
  • Options
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

On another thread about how the government were handling the COVID crisis,I scored them 7/10,it's time to reevaluate that score.It now seems that the government are being lead by the media and public opinion,with no clear strategies of their own.In my opinion Boris et al,should lay out a strategic plan on how they propose dealing with all the issues involved and stick to it regardless,whether is pleases some,all or none.The current situation of bumbling from one issue to another is helping no one.He wanted to be leader of the country,it's about time he lead by example,make plans and stick to them.The country needs a strong resolute leader prepared to back their own judgements and not be coerced by outside forces.The governments rating has now slipped to 3/10 in my opinion.

They have been a complete disaster.

They bungled the PPE.

They clearly locked down too late.

The testing has been a fiasco.

The discharging of untested patients into care homes was pathetic.

The so called world class tracking app is not, and is likely to be ready 4 months after they promised it would be.

The quarantine plan is laughable.

All the above is embarrassing, and has probably cost thousands of lives.

I think you are being very kind with your rating.

Any proper investigation after the event will find them sadly lacking.
    The 3/10 rating is mostly for the financial help the government has provided to various sections of the community/workforce/businesses etc.
    I should have of course included their cunning plan for schools in the above list.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

On another thread about how the government were handling the COVID crisis,I scored them 7/10,it's time to reevaluate that score.It now seems that the government are being lead by the media and public opinion,with no clear strategies of their own.In my opinion Boris et al,should lay out a strategic plan on how they propose dealing with all the issues involved and stick to it regardless,whether is pleases some,all or none.The current situation of bumbling from one issue to another is helping no one.He wanted to be leader of the country,it's about time he lead by example,make plans and stick to them.The country needs a strong resolute leader prepared to back their own judgements and not be coerced by outside forces.The governments rating has now slipped to 3/10 in my opinion.

They bungled the PPE.

The so called world class tracking app is not, and is likely to be ready 4 months after they promised it would be.

The 3/10 rating is mostly for the financial help the government has provided to various sections of the community/workforce/businesses etc.
    I don't think they had much choice in much of this.

What would the alternative be?
    Perhaps more companies going bankrupt than people catching the virus.

Half the country signing on, waiting five weeks to get any money, and trying to find a foodbank.

The five week wait would be dependant on their ability to cope with such huge numbers, and in my opinion would be unlikely to be met.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

They bungled the PPE.

Locking down one week earlier could have reduced the deaths by 50%.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick drives 150 MILES to his £1.1million second home to be with family during lockdown, just DAYS after ordering public not to travel unnecessarily (and he also visited his parents 40 miles away!)

Cabinet minister Robert Jenrick, pictured, has defended driving 150 miles last weekend to visit his parents in Shropshire despite the Covid-19 lockdown as he was delivering food and medication to his mother and father who are self isolating. Mr Jenrick is also accused of moving from his home in Westminster to his Grade I-listed mansion in Hertfordshire with his wife Michel, inset, and their children.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

You just can't help yourself can you :)

Mail again. Headline proclaims he drove 150 miles to "2nd home", whereas the main story says he was just delivering meds to his parents.

Of course he moved from Westminster. He was at Parliament, now it is in recess. Can't see the problem moving the once.

Fascinated that Shropshire is 40 miles from Wesminster, and Hertfordshire is 150 miles away. That must have been some earthquake.

And who cares if it is, or not, a "£1.1million second home" or a "Grade-1 listed mansion"

Cash for very big favours: Murky links in a £1billion property deal involving Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick and billionaire tycoon Richard Desmond as row threatens to engulf No10
    Mounting pressure on Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick after latest revelations
    Jenrick is fighting for his job after discovery of his links to £1billion property deal
    Property developer Richard Desmond wants to build 1,500 flats in east London
    The government will face questions over the role of 'Tory fixer' Richard Patient

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8418009/Murky-links-1billion-property-deal-Housing-Secretary-Robert-Jenrick-billionaire-tycoon.html
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2020
  • Options

No mask, no ride! 3,000 extra police and transport staff will stop passengers without face-coverings as millions return to work on Tubes, trains and buses today... but flouters are ALREADY risking £100 fines
    New rules come into place today for passengers on all public transport, including trains, planes and buses
    Thousands of extra staff, including police officers, are being bought in to enforce the government's new rule
    It comes as coronavirus lockdown measures continue to be eased, with high street shops set to open today

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8420997/Thousands-Tube-bus-train-passengers-England-wear-face-covering-today.html
  • Options
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick drives 150 MILES to his £1.1million second home to be with family during lockdown, just DAYS after ordering public not to travel unnecessarily (and he also visited his parents 40 miles away!)

Cabinet minister Robert Jenrick, pictured, has defended driving 150 miles last weekend to visit his parents in Shropshire despite the Covid-19 lockdown as he was delivering food and medication to his mother and father who are self isolating. Mr Jenrick is also accused of moving from his home in Westminster to his Grade I-listed mansion in Hertfordshire with his wife Michel, inset, and their children.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

You just can't help yourself can you :)

Mail again. Headline proclaims he drove 150 miles to "2nd home", whereas the main story says he was just delivering meds to his parents.

Of course he moved from Westminster. He was at Parliament, now it is in recess. Can't see the problem moving the once.

Fascinated that Shropshire is 40 miles from Wesminster, and Hertfordshire is 150 miles away. That must have been some earthquake.

And who cares if it is, or not, a "£1.1million second home" or a "Grade-1 listed mansion"

Cash for very big favours: Murky links in a £1billion property deal involving Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick and billionaire tycoon Richard Desmond as row threatens to engulf No10
    Mounting pressure on Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick after latest revelations
    Jenrick is fighting for his job after discovery of his links to £1billion property deal
    Property developer Richard Desmond wants to build 1,500 flats in east London
    The government will face questions over the role of 'Tory fixer' Richard Patient

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8418009/Murky-links-1billion-property-deal-Housing-Secretary-Robert-Jenrick-billionaire-tycoon.html