You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Covid 19 UK.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,547
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Woman told her ‘F*** Boris’ T-shirt is illegal by police

A woman wearing a “F*** Boris” T-shirt was stopped by British Transport Police in central London and told her clothing was against the law.
    Footage uploaded to YouTube on Thursday claims the unidentified woman was leaving the Black Lives Matter protest on Wednesday when she was approached by two officers.
    In the footage, filmed at Oxford Circus, the woman asks: “You think it’s illegal for me to have this T-shirt on? Based on what law?”
    One officer replies that it violates Section 5 of the Public Order Act, which states it is an offence to use “threatening words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour” or display “any writing, sign or visible representation which is threatening” while “within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby”.
    The woman asks incredulously: “Why would that cause harassment? To who?”
    The officer replies: “To other people. People will find that offensive.”
    She then asks him to show her the law so he reads the act aloud from his mobile phone.
    https://uk.yahoo.com/news/woman-told-her-f-boris-205407618.html
  • Options
    Boris Johnson orders new lockdown easing for pubs and restaurants to save THREE MILLION jobs - but NHS bosses warn of a potential COVID-19 second wave and say UK lacks plan to fight it

The PM will unveil plans to ease restrictions on weddings and funerals from next month, as well as possible measures to reopen hairdressers before July 4. Planning controls will also be relaxed to enable pubs, cafés and restaurants to use outside areas. The PM is said to have signed off on plans to reopen the economy after being warned by Business Secretary Alok Sharma that a failure to reopen the hospitality sector could cost 3.5 million jobs. Mr Johnson reportedly replied: 'Christ!' Senior figures from across the NHS have however issued a plea for a comprehensive plan to tackle a second wave of coronavirus infections. Health chiefs have also said that there should be no further easing of lockdown before the test and trace system has been proven to work.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
    The irony in this photo from yesterday's "protest" in Bournemouth.

• Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    VespaPX said:

@VespaPX , Conspiracy thread, April 5th
    VespaPX said:

@VespaPX , Conspiracy thread, May 3rd
    VespaPX said:

@VespaPX , Conspiracy thread, May 4th

But suddenly when black people don't want police to murder them, the protests are "ironic", despite COVID-19 being some conspiracy and 'critical danger' being a lie in your mind.

Do you have a problem with people gathering, or the reasons that people are gathering?
    VespaPX said:
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
    Why would the authorities let these gatherings occur if the virus was as contagious as they're saying?
    Are all the protestors going to be traced & tracked and put in quarantine if required?

Thr ironic thing about the photo is the NHS sign on the building.
    No doubt lots of the these protesters were out clapping every Thurs night.
    It's like sticking 2 fingers up to the NHS.

No problem with people engaged in peaceful protesting about anything, that's their right, but whilst the rest of us are still in partial lockdown then it's not the right time.

The facts about police murdering unarmed people in the US:
    https://www.facebook.com/mackieoriamorris/videos/10223967725719797
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Moment oblivious Swiss tourist says he is ILL and needs to go to hospital as he lands at Heathrow and prepares to get on the Tube - as hundreds of travellers arrive in UK unaware of quarantine and police admit it'll be hard to enforce £1,000 fines

A passenger (left) arriving at London's Heathrow Airport from Switzerland has admitted that he was unaware he was supposed to self-isolate for 14 days under the UK's new quarantine regulations which came in force on Monday (passengers arriving at Heathrow on Monday right and inset) and has already been met with a storm of criticism. The oblivious traveller, who admitted that he needed to go to the hospital, told ITV's Martin Stew (tweets pictured left inset) that he was about to board the London Unground into central London despite displaying signs of an illness which he claimed were from an ear or tooth infection. The concerning footage comes as flaws began to emerge in the new 14-day quarantine measures and the National Police Chiefs' Council (NPCC) announced it would take 'no immediate action' to issue a fine if a passenger had been found to have given a false address. An NPCC spokesman explained if police visit an address where someone is supposed to be self-isolating and there is no answer, further visits are 'suggested' but there should again be 'no immediate further action by police' as most of the responsibility fell to Public Health England. Voicing their frustration with the new rule a border source added: 'It's been a complete farce. The vast majority of passengers have not filled in forms in advance.' The chaotic scenes come after Britain announced 55 more Covid-19 deaths in the lowest daily toll since before lockdown was imposed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8399991/Oblivious-Swiss-tourist-says-ILL-prepares-busy-Tube.html
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,113
    On another thread about how the government were handling the COVID crisis,I scored them 7/10,it's time to reevaluate that score.It now seems that the government are being lead by the media and public opinion,with no clear strategies of their own.In my opinion Boris et al,should lay out a strategic plan on how they propose dealing with all the issues involved and stick to it regardless,whether is pleases some,all or none.The current situation of bumbling from one issue to another is helping no one.He wanted to be leader of the country,it's about time he lead by example,make plans and stick to them.The country needs a strong resolute leader prepared to back their own judgements and not be coerced by outside forces.The governments rating has now slipped to 3/10 in my opinion.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

On another thread about how the government were handling the COVID crisis,I scored them 7/10,it's time to reevaluate that score.It now seems that the government are being lead by the media and public opinion,with no clear strategies of their own.In my opinion Boris et al,should lay out a strategic plan on how they propose dealing with all the issues involved and stick to it regardless,whether is pleases some,all or none.The current situation of bumbling from one issue to another is helping no one.He wanted to be leader of the country,it's about time he lead by example,make plans and stick to them.The country needs a strong resolute leader prepared to back their own judgements and not be coerced by outside forces.The governments rating has now slipped to 3/10 in my opinion.

They have been a complete disaster.

They bungled the PPE.

They clearly locked down too late.

The testing has been a fiasco.

The discharging of untested patients into care homes was pathetic.

The so called world class tracking app is not, and is likely to be ready 4 months after they promised it would be.

The quarantine plan is laughable.

All the above is embarrassing, and has probably cost thousands of lives.

I think you are being very kind with your rating.

Any proper investigation after the event will find them sadly lacking.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,113
    edited June 2020
    HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

They bungled the PPE.

The so called world class tracking app is not, and is likely to be ready 4 months after they promised it would be.

The 3/10 rating is mostly for the financial help the government has provided to various sections of the community/workforce/businesses etc.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

They bungled the PPE.

The 3/10 rating is mostly for the financial help the government has provided to various sections of the community/workforce/businesses etc.
    I don't think they had much choice in much of this.

What would the alternative be?