You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Covid 19 UK.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,235
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    madprof said:
    More than 1 million people sign petition demanding Dominic Cummings is sacked

Petition Link.

https://www.change.org/p/dominic-cummings-must-be-sacked-cummingsmustgo?recruited_by_id=69000280-9569-0130-e299-3c764e049c4f&share_bandit_exp=message-22346505-en-GB&share_bandit_var=v0

More than one million people have signed a petition calling for Dominic Cummings to be sacked over allegedly breaching the lockdown rules.
    Despite Downing Street's attempts to shift focus away from the row, hundreds of thousands of people added their names to the petition demanding that the prime minister fire his chief aide.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Cummings is now a laughing stock. Alas, so is Britain

The eye test has made him an international laughing stock; and, while we are on the subject of sight, his supposed foresight in forecasting the outbreak of the plague must be making George Orwell laugh in his grave. In 1984, Big Brother’s team made forecasts once they knew the result. Cummings appears to have tried the same but was found out. The guru can, it seems, be sensationally incompetent. If only he had manifested such incompetence during the referendum campaign and the 2019 general election. In those days he was, alas, far more successful in distorting the truth.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/cummings-now-laughing-stock-alas-060005876.html
  • Options
    Have I Got News For You: Viewers praise Ian Hislop for ‘absolutely ripping into’ Dominic Cummings

Speaking about Cummings’s bizarre press conference on the controversy, Hislop said: “He gave an hour and a half of utter twoddle. It’s absolutely clear he did break regulations. He found one tiny clause which he said made an exception, but that didn’t cover the journey to Barnard Castle, it was nonsense, absolute nonsense.
    He continued: “People were cross because they think he’s taking us for idiots. The eye test thing is marvellous, the idea you’re not sure whether you can drive back to London, so in order to check your eyesight you put your four year old in the back of the car and drive around to see if you knock over any pedestrians or smack into a bollard, and that way you know your eyes aren’t there.
    “His greatest irritation is, he said at the beginning, ‘The press are giving misinformation about my whereabouts.’ That’s his job. He got his wife to write pieces in The Spectator suggesting he was in London, which he wasn’t.
    “So he’s very, very cross. This man has become the centre of the story. I cannot understand why he hasn’t resigned.”

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/got-news-viewers-praise-ian-083033626.html
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    I wondered why the govt lifted the restrictions some time ago on how far you are allowed to travel, ie go anywhere...was it 2 weeks ago?

I reckon they only allowed this change of 'travel distances' because they knew this sh it storm was coming and could deflect it with some of the public who were now travelling all over.....

They keep saying they are following the science advice; what they mean is they pick and choose with the scientist on SAGE they want to follow!

I just wish one of the top scientists had the backbone to resign and say they can't carry on backing the decisions the blondtesticle keeps making, sorry I meant domcum/Gove who are the real engine drivers

This condescending, patronising showerofshitofacabinet have to go....they won't but we can only hope we can unpick what they have hidden from the public over time
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    madprof said:

I wondered why the govt lifted the restrictions some time ago on how far you are allowed to travel, ie go anywhere...was it 2 weeks ago?

I reckon they only allowed this change of 'travel distances' because they knew this sh it storm was coming and could deflect it with some of the public who were now travelling all over.....

They keep saying they are following the science advice; what they mean is they pick and choose with the scientist on SAGE they want to follow!

I just wish one of the top scientists had the backbone to resign and say they can't carry on backing the decisions the blondtesticle keeps making, sorry I meant domcum/Gove who are the real engine drivers

This condescending, patronising showerofshitofacabinet have to go....they won't but we can only hope we can unpick what they have hidden from the public over time

I think that they have screwed up just about everything that has required some organisation, or management.
    I don't intend going through the full list.
    Although, pointing to what they have done well would be a much shorter list.
    I hope it takes the general public a long time to forget about this chaos.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

I think that they have screwed up just about everything that has required some organisation, or management.
    I don't intend going through the full list.
    Although, pointing to what they have done well would be a much shorter list.
    I hope it takes the general public a long time to forget about this chaos.
    They have also gone extremely quiet about the app.
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,593
    They are probably still not appy with it. Despite spending millions on it.
  • Options
    tai-gar said:

They are probably still not appy with it. Despite spending millions on it.

Appy campers are hard to find at the moment.
  • Options
    Lockdown rules unenforceable and public will 'do what they want,' warn police after weekend of breaches

Lockdown rules are now “unenforceable” and the public will “do what they want to do”, policing leaders have warned.
    They said the sunny weekend had been marked by widespread breaches of the lockdown which one senior police figure suggested was “to all intents and purposes ended.”
    With meetings of six people outdoors, private barbecues and garden parties and unlimited travel to exercise allowed from today (Mon), it is understood police chiefs have told the Government that lockdown is unenforceable unless it is a large gathering.
    New official guidance, issued to police forces, is expected to tell officers to continue to engage, explain and encourage but the “last resort” of enforcement will be largely limited to big gatherings such as parties.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/lockdown-rules-unenforceable-and-public-will-do-what-they-want-warn-police-after-weekend-of-breaches/ar-BB14QGOu?ocid=spartandhp
  • Options