You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Covid 19 UK.

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,831
    Dominic Cummings must go, Boris Johnson told as Tories warn him to get a ‘grip’ on Number 10 infighting

Boris Johnson was today urged to “take back control” of his infighting-plagued government by sacking Dominic Cummings.

Senior Tories warned the Prime Minister had to get a “grip” after being left weakened by war in No10 in the middle of the second Covid wave and with weeks to clinch a Brexit trade deal.

After director of communications Lee Cain announced he was quitting after losing a power battle in Downing Street, pressure was growing for Mr Johnson to axe his key but controversial top adviser Mr Cummings.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/dominic-cummings-must-go-boris-johnson-told-as-tories-warn-him-to-get-a-grip-on-number-10-infighting/ar-BB1aWQzp?ocid=msedgntp
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

misterpj said:

Ask @MISTY4ME about Covid in Cornwall... The nurse over egged the situation...yes at times across the South West there were hospitals prepped and ready for Covid patients and like any other planning, there were under utilised.....until now!

I can't stand this govt- pretty much every corrupt decision they have made- however in planning for a 2nd wave, even I agree...they are damned if they do and damned if they don't...plan

'There's a revolution happening': Chaos in No10 as Dominic Cummings 'looks for a way to leave without losing face' as his Vote Leave empire 'starts to fall apart' after Carrie and her squad see off Boris aide Lee Cain in brutal civil war

The heart of government is in chaos after longstanding Boris Johnson aide Lee Cain (top right), a Vote Leave veteran and Cummings loyalist, announced he was resigning despite being touted for promotion to No10 chief of staff. The departure was the culmination of a bitter power struggle inside Mr Johnson's top team, with rival factions battling for supremacy even as the government struggles to tackle the coronavirus crisis. Mr Cummings (middle right) does not want the job himself, but had pushed for his ally to be appointed despite warnings from the PM's fiancée Ms Symonds (centre left) - herself a former Conservative Party head of media - that it would be 'a mistake' given how the campaign against the pandemic had gone so far. She is said to have complained the No10 operation was being run in an 'uncollegiate' way and the PM was not getting 'good advice'. There are also claims that Allegra Stratton (top left), Downing Street's new on-screen press secretary, and senior aide Munira Mirza (bottom left) were against the move. It would have meant the PM's core circle being exclusively male. Mr Cummings turned up to work in No10 as usual this morning despite losing the latest tug of war for the premier's ear, and blanked questions about his own future. But senior Tories said it was clear that Mr Cummings was losing his grip on No10, and would soon be departing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8941997/Dominic-Cummings-Vote-Leave-empire-starts-fall-apart-Carrie-row.html
    Is it me? WTF is Boris’s latest girlfriend ( yes there will be another) doing having an opinion and voicing it on Govt business?

Cummings is running this country’s policies, even giving Bojo an ultimatum...you couldn’t write these

https://youtu.be/rvYuoWyk8iU
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,985
    Yes Minister thought of having this as a script, but decided it was just too ridiculous.

Director of Communications and Head of PR refuse to talk to each other.
    Former about to receive a disciplinary promotion until PM's girlfriend steps in...
    madprof said:

rabdeniro said:

"Car insurance could be invalid if you drive during lockdown"

"Drivers making non essential journeys could face on-the-spot fines and may not be covered if they crash."

From a story in the Record, Insurance companies tryin to shaft drivers again.

OR drivers making non essential journeys?

The problem is since Domcumface tested his eyesight with a birthday trip for his wife to Barnard Castle....who decides what is an essential trip?

( for the record-sic- I've been to Cornwall for parent caring duties, viewed a house on the way I want to buy and my wife has gone to the dentist today...that's it)

ps the no of cars/vans on my journey on the M5/A38 suggests the non essential nature of journey's is being largely ignored..apart from no caravans, it was like an August summer change over Saturday !
    Just confirmed Cummings goes by the end of the year.
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    “ We’ re getting there!!”
    “Test Test Test !!”
    “I take bitcoin too !! “
    “ And a prosperous New Year to all !! “

• VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,018
    If you have a positive test, then 2 weeks later you’re tested negative, where has the virus gone?
    Does it magically disappear on its own or does your immune system deal with it?