You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Covid 19 UK.

Comments

• chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Conflict coming up, between the ones that want to work, and the ones that think furlough/ benefit money is rather attractive.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,815
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
  • tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,587
    madprof said:
    Content unavailable?
    tai-gar said:

madprof said:
    Content unavailable?
    hmm...I clicked on the link and it worked...try this one

madprof said:

tai-gar said:

madprof said:
    Content unavailable?

@Chilling wont watch this.
  • tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,587
    madprof said:

tai-gar said:

madprof said:
    Content unavailable?

It may have been edited but it certainly tells the story
  • RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212
    edited October 2020
    Population of New Zealand 4.9 million. Population of London 8.7 million. The UK population is roughly 69 million so approximately 14 times larger than that of New Zealand.

It'ts like comparing apples to oranges so totally irrelevant.
    Rinkhals said:

Population of New Zealand 4.9 million. Population of London 8.7 million. The UK population is roughly 69 million so approximately 14 times larger than that of New Zealand.

The impact on their economic positions would be relative, both are Lisandro s with the opportunity to close borders and more importantly have an empathic approach to loss of life...unlike Boris and his cronies
    *islands
    Rinkhals said:

This was surely more about leadership than numbers.

If you added Trump and his massive population figures to the mix, it still wouldnt make Boris better.

Nor do the bigger population figures make Trump any better either.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,981
    Rinkhals said:

I disagree with a lot of what @Rinkhals posts.

That doesn't matter-debate isn't about agreeing. But I think it is important to mention when I DO agree with something.

There are 2 pertinent facts to add to the population argument. Firstly, New Zealand is actually slightly larger than the UK. Secondly, the closest country to it is roughly 1500 miles away.

This means, for the UK to be comparable:-

1. Population would need to reduce by about 93%. To numbers last seen in about 1550.
    2. Almost all of Europe, and over 500 million people, would need to be removed for statistical/transmission purposes. So-no Ireland, France, Germany, Spain etc. Our nearest countries would need to be Morocco and Greece. Rather easier policing the borders then...

Not knocking NZ's achievements. But they are of absolutely no relevance to the UK
    Essexphil said:

Rinkhals said:

That doesn't matter-debate isn't about agreeing. But I think it is important to mention when I DO agree with something.

There are 2 pertinent facts to add to the population argument. Firstly, New Zealand is actually slightly larger than the UK. Secondly, the closest country to it is roughly 1500 miles away.

1. Population would need to reduce by about 93%. To numbers last seen in about 1550.
    2. Almost all of Europe, and over 500 million people, would need to be removed for statistical/transmission purposes. So-no Ireland, France, Germany, Spain etc. Our nearest countries would need to be Morocco and Greece. Rather easier policing the borders then...

Not knocking NZ's achievements. But they are of absolutely no relevance to the UK
    I think my main point was about a Leader's personal position on how to approach Covid and death tolls in general....there's difference between Boris's pragmatism and his general approach, prioritising other things other than the death toll

" sorry Michael pass some more caviar to Dominic , there a good chap..."
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,981
    madprof said:

Essexphil said:

Rinkhals said:

I think my main point was about a Leader's personal position on how to approach Covid and death tolls in general....there's difference between Boris's pragmatism and his general approach, prioritising other things other than the death toll

Yes. I agree. Although it is also fair to say that New Zealand had all sorts of options that were not available to us, through no fault other than Geography..

In my opinion, the Conservatives (with hindsight) chose the wrong leaders at the wrong time.

Boris Johnson would have been far more able to sell the Brexit vision than May, as he has more people skills, coupled with complete confidence in doing whatever is best for Boris Johnson;

Teresa May has a far better grasp of fine detail, and would have been far better than Johnson dealing with Covid-19
    Essexphil said:

madprof said:

Essexphil said:

Rinkhals said:

Yes. I agree. Although it is also fair to say that New Zealand had all sorts of options that were not available to us, through no fault other than Geography..

In my opinion, the Conservatives (with hindsight) chose the wrong leaders at the wrong time.

Boris Johnson would have been far more able to sell the Brexit vision than May, as he has more people skills, coupled with complete confidence in doing whatever is best for Boris Johnson;

Teresa May has a far better grasp of fine detail, and would have been far better than Johnson dealing with Covid-19
    Considering the state of brexit and covid, I wondering how many Tories are wishing they could turn the clock back.

Come back Mrs May, all is forgiven.
    Be careful what you wish for....a charismatic, inexperienced philanderer whose more interested in a business deal, feathering the nest of his mates and cronies and spreading his seed...oh sorry thats Trump as well!
    Now show us your papers! Scotland Yard tells pubs and restaurants snoop on customers by asking for photo IDs and addresses to stop customers breaking lockdown rules

Scotland Yard has been writing to struggling traders in London to say they should ask for names, addresses and even photo ID. Officers said the procedures would stop households mixing - in keeping with Tier Two curbs introduced last weekend. However business chiefs said this placed 'completely unacceptable' demands on staff and would cost venues bookings if customers could not prove they were following the Covid-19 restrictions. The Night Time Industries Association has taken legal advice over the 'unlawful and misleading advice'. Main and inset, people enjoying lunch at Westfields in Stratford, London.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html