You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The 'I hate diaries' 'not a diary'......dairy. (Just for UKOPS)

Comments

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,537
    stokefc said:

Essexphil said:

MAXALLY said:

Cheers Bill @pomfrittes . I hope you are well Sir. Perhaps I could borrow one of yours or @Tikay10 's peeing bags that you old folks use ;)

Borrow 1 from Kevin Wimmer :)
    under the belt that :o Levy did one on us with that waster
    Waster?
    I can give 18 million reasons why I like him :wink:
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    Well, it turned out to be Bad Friday. As Tikay stated in his (excellent) daily UKOPS write ups, it never was going to feel, or be a Good Friday.

Nevertheless, I shall continue on. It was humbling to see so many come on the thread yesterday to congratulate me on a good night's return. I did really appreciate that. With others not doing so well, I understand how lucky I have been to still be in overall profit.

A few months ago everyone was saying 'be kind'. Now everyone is saying 'be safe' . I am saying both of them to all.

The numbers stuff...

Only 3 days left now. Lets see how we get on.....

• chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Gl.
    I’m wondering if on the final day you have an easy option of finishing in the black, will you take it?
    Or go out all guns blazing and not really bothered if you finish in the red.
    Obviously the next two days of hard graft may predetermine the final days strategy.
    chilling said:

Gl.
    I’m wondering if on the final day you have an easy option of finishing in the black, will you take it?
    Obviously the next two days of hard graft may predetermine the final days strategy.

Morning @chilling , thanks for the question.

I will honestly just take it one day at a time. From the outset, I said I would only play the smaller BI games, and play the bigger BI games if I satellite in.

Saying that though, I did go a bit bonkers at the start of this with the sats. I have also found myself probably doing too many rebuys in some tournaments. That is why as a rule, I don't normally play them. I actually waited until 5 mins from the end of late reg last night to enter the Main. Took one rebuy and the add-on, so I knew how much it was going to cost from the start. I wish I did the same in the mini....it was manic in the 1st hour or so, then a game of poker broke out when the rebuy period ended ;)

Take care, stay safe, cheers.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
    You thought i’d comment on your ‘dairy’ error
    I didn’t

I thought that you wouldn’t answer my question
    You didn’t

I win 😉

Gl with the rest of Ukops
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,400
    MAXALLY said:

chilling said:

Gl.

Morning @chilling , thanks for the question.

I will honestly just take it one day at a time. From the outset, I said I would only play the smaller BI games, and play the bigger BI games if I satellite in.

Saying that though, I did go a bit bonkers at the start of this with the sats. I have also found myself probably doing too many rebuys in some tournaments. That is why as a rule, I don't normally play them. I actually waited until 5 mins from the end of late reg last night to enter the Main. Took one rebuy and the add-on, so I knew how much it was going to cost from the start. I wish I did the same in the mini....it was manic in the 1st hour or so, then a game of poker broke out when the rebuy period ended ;)

Take care, stay safe, cheers.
    Personally...in my head/world.....If it was me and I had set aside £x for a ukops challenge..
    Any monies left is a win!

Looking forward to knocking you out playing* on the same table as you in the 50k main...💩

* playing poker...that be you not me🤪
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,602
    Keep grinding it Alan. Got a feeling your going to come out of this with a nice profit.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,894
    So nice the spitting has stopped and we can put away the wipes.
    peaks and troughs are the level £3 allin's cheating the accountant. Time running out.
    Another losing (standard) evening. Every game I went deepish in tonight, the wheels just came off and I didnt manage to cash in any of them. Some nights you just know you aint going hold or hit if you need to.

Looking forward to Sunday though as I am now due another winning night. I will pm Tikay to instruct him to turn my boom switch on again, like he did the other night for me. He did charge me 10 bob though. ;)

Still in profit, so not all bad news....

Please ....... not Losing Day........... Mixed Day.
    You have to speculate to accumulate.
    Did rail few of your games last night. Even the High & Mighty run their 10s into JJs and go out first. gl Sunday say a little prayer. cough!
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,537
    edited April 2020
    It is easy to over-concentrate on the Win/Loss column.

You played 4.
    Top 50%? 4
    Top 25% 2

A lot of your days have been like this. Added to that, you have often run really deep, without getting a win. You could easily have a far bigger profit, because you are playing well...
    Essexphil said:

You played 4.
    Top 50%? 4
    Top 25% 2

A lot of your days have been like this. Added to that, you have often run really deep, without getting a win. You could easily have a far bigger profit, because you are playing well...

Cheers Phil. For my sins, I always record any poker session like this together with the exit hand, starting balance, closing balance and if I managed to get through at least 50% of the field. I do get a bit OCD sometimes, but it does help to look back on a losing session and just see it with a less negative outlook.

I do watch poker videos and do some study, but as a recreational player, I tend to not over think individual hands too much. I really carnt see the point in all these 'experts' explaining how to play a hand in 50+ words when in real time, you have 20 seconds to act. The best poker book I have ever read is The Mental Book of Poker. I will read it again after UKOPS.......it might help me.

Anyway, that is enough of me going on and on.

GL GL today on your Sunday grind Sir. I will see you in the upstairs bar after with the normal reprobates ;)
    MAXALLY said:

Essexphil said:

You played 4.
    Top 50%? 4
    Top 25% 2

Cheers Phil. For my sins, I always record any poker session like this together with the exit hand, starting balance, closing balance and if I managed to get through at least 50% of the field. I do get a bit OCD sometimes, but it does help to look back on a losing session and just see it with a less negative outlook.

I do watch poker videos and do some study, but as a recreational player, I tend to not over think individual hands too much. I really carnt see the point in all these 'experts' explaining how to play a hand in 50+ words when in real time, you have 20 seconds to act. The best poker book I have ever read is The Mental Book of Poker. I will read it again after UKOPS.......it might help me.

GL GL today on your Sunday grind Sir. I will see you in the upstairs bar after with the normal reprobates ;)
    STILL in profit so that’s a great result so far! Well Played and lets hope Uncle Fester Tikay can turn the boom switch on for a few of us rec players in the biggie tonight.....GLGL and see you on the FT? 🤪
    madprof said:

MAXALLY said:

Essexphil said:

You played 4.
    Top 50%? 4
    Top 25% 2

STILL in profit so that’s a great result so far! Well Played and lets hope Uncle Fester Tikay can turn the boom switch on for a few of us rec players in the biggie tonight.....GLGL and see you on the FT? 🤪
    Cheers Mad Head ;)

Gl to you too today. Would be great to see some forum regs get some deep runs later.
    So i have just played 2 satellites for the Super high roller....

Bubbled the 1st £5.50 one.....

luckygud 22070 1 UKOPS 59 £30k SHR Quarter
    CJ111 9690 2 UKOPS 59 £30k SHR Quarter
    cal69 4240 3 UKOPS 59 £30k SHR Quarter
    MAXALLY 0 4 £15

Invested that cash into a £28 direct sat.......

miniman88 48000 1 Entry to UKOPS 59 £30,000 Super High Roller + As you have already registered/qualified for this event you have been awarded the cash equivalent of £530, which is equal to the Buy-in and Fee.
    scotty77 0 2 £106
    MAXALLY 0 3

*SIGH*

MAXALLY said:

So i have just played 2 satellites for the Super high roller....

Bubbled the 1st £5.50 one.....

luckygud 22070 1 UKOPS 59 £30k SHR Quarter
    CJ111 9690 2 UKOPS 59 £30k SHR Quarter
    cal69 4240 3 UKOPS 59 £30k SHR Quarter
    MAXALLY 0 4 £15

Invested that cash into a £28 direct sat.......

miniman88 48000 1 Entry to UKOPS 59 £30,000 Super High Roller + As you have already registered/qualified for this event you have been awarded the cash equivalent of £530, which is equal to the Buy-in and Fee.
    scotty77 0 2 £106
    MAXALLY 0 3

*SIGH*

Typical...A2CCorey strikes again...then again they say Money goes to money....(🤪👹💩👿)
    I just knew it wasnt going to be a good evening after those two bubbles earlier. That turned out to be correct. Hence this early in depth report.

Worst.
    Day.
    Ever.

I played some cards, some stuff happened. Stuff was not good.

The sorry state of affairs......

That means tomorrow is......

Railed you and watched Paint Dry ....... While others surfed passed you, you failed to catch the wave. In the Dull'drums, card dead waiting for AA break down man. Only consolation your liker's didn't fare so well either. Different sort of spit these days.
    As, me old Mum used to say " Head up tuck your shirt in of to School" it's another day.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,575

Day 10 is in the books & so far you will have invested somewhere between £500 & £1,000 at a guess, & head into the final day £77 (well, £76.70 for the OCD) ahead. Think you'd have bitten your arm off to arrive at Day 11 in profit.

As a recreational, you have to feed into the equation how much fun you've had too. It may not always seem like fun, but it include the hope & anticipation during the build up, the entertainment during each session, the binks you had (especially Day 7) & the stories each exit. EVERY exit we have feels unlucky. Over the 10 days that would probably amount to 50 or more hours at the tables.

I'd say to be £77 ahead at this stage is an excellent result. I bet some of the Big Boys would love to be £77 ahead after 10 days.

GL tonight.
    Tikay10 said:

Day 10 is in the books & so far you will have invested somewhere between £500 & £1,000 at a guess, & head into the final day £77 (well, £76.70 for the OCD) ahead. Think you'd have bitten your arm off to arrive at Day 11 in profit.

As a recreational, you have to feed into the equation how much fun you've had too. It may not always seem like fun, but it include the hope & anticipation during the build up, the entertainment during each session, the binks you had (especially Day 7) & the stories each exit. EVERY exit we have feels unlucky. Over the 10 days that would probably amount to 50 or more hours at the tables.

I'd say to be £77 ahead at this stage is an excellent result. I bet some of the Big Boys would love to be £77 ahead after 10 days.

GL tonight.

Cheers Tikay. Yes, as a recreational player, I have had fun taking shots at this Festival. I do however feel a bit deflated now coming into the last day. I might not play as many sats/games this evening but will try to hold onto that small profit I have luckily made. If I don't though, I don't think I will loose too much overall. So, yeah....a good result I suppose for a player of my limited ability.

There is quite a bit of 'other stuff' to worry about more than poker.

I might be having a drink or 5 tonight though.

Cheers.