You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

£26 Poker Challenge

Comments

• safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    No luck in my last game of the night so here's my result update.

PLO8 CHALLENGE 19TH-26TH APRIL

19th

12:30 -£3.30
    17:30 -£2.20
    19:18 -£5.50
    19:45 -£3.30 won +£39.90
    20:40 -£2.20 won +£1.92
    22.30 -£3.30

profit +£22.02

20th

12:30 -£3.30 won +£33.60
    17:30 -£2.20 won +£14.38
    19:18 -£5.50 won +£6.10
    19:45 -£3.30 won +£8.37
    20:40 -£2.20
    22:30 -£3.30

profit +£30.45

total +£52.47

Let's hope we both run good tomorrow.

• QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    Thanks very much for getting involved @safc71 - those are healthy results for tournament play.
    I have never got into Omaha - am still learning NLH!
    So 13 £3.30 DYM games today. 6 wins, 7 losses plus a £1 cash in the half 6 freeroll.
    2 hours played after lunch, 1 more before tea and 90 minutes after tea. Bit more than usual as I lasted longer in the freeroll.

Balance is now £20.46… £6 down on yesterday although had I not lost out on the river in the final game I would’ve have broken even however the real issue today was that I forgot where the Fold button was during the afternoon and chucked away 4 games in a row.

It’s beginning to look like the challenge will be to just make the £26 last until Sunday!

While I didn’t run good at the tables, I had some really good fortune elsewhere as @NOSTRI responded to my problems with The Movement Centre’s website that I mentioned yesterday. After some testing, he had the same problems as me – turns out there was a bug in the software that is distributed from the official website.

I had been driving myself round the bend for over a week thinking there was something I was doing wrong. Once I downloaded an earlier version of the software, all was fine.

I am not sure I would have ever got to the bottom of the problem without NOSTRI’s help as all the people I had asked before him already had the earlier version of the software installed and didn’t have any issues!

I very nearly didn’t even mention the problem in this blog as I thought it wouldn’t make good reading as it was such a nerdy problem!

Big thanks to NOSTRI for saving my sanity!
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,625
    played @nostri very well played
    Hi @QUICKFEET well not too bad today made a slight loss on the PL08 mtt's but made profit on the PL08 DYM's. Don't normally play the DYM's but since we are under house arrest out of sheer boredom decided to play a few games.

21st

19:18 -£5.50 won +£13.93
    19:45 -£3.30
    20:40 -£2.20 won +£0.75

loss -£5.12

DYM

£1.10 played 2 won 2 +£1.80
    £2.20 played 2 won 1 -£0.40
    £3.30 played 4 won 4 +£10.80

profit +£12.20

total +£59.55

Thanks @safc71 - at least you are in profit overall. Let's hope we both run good for the rest of the week
    So, another 13 £3.30 DYMs in 4 hours today. The results flipped in my favour this time with 7 wins and 6 losses. With the rake that left me 90p down on yesterday at £19.56

I had a lot going on and didn’t play any poker until quarter to 3. That was the start of a 2 hour session followed by 30 minutes after tea then a break to Zoom call a couple of my cousins before 90 minutes from 8:15.

The small size of my BR was brought home during the final session. I didn’t feel quite with it at the start and by 9 pm I was down to just £4.86 in my account. I then had a run of wins to get back to almost where I started the day. Hopefully, I can last out ‘til Sunday!

Being an only child, my closest cousins are like my brother and sister so it was good to chat to them this evening. Seeing their smiling faces is far better than only listening them to over the phone. Furthermore, as I find it difficult to control my mouth, using a phone is hard even though Ade and Mel can understand my speech better than most as we grew up together. Therefore, being able to use the chat box in Zoom while they talked away enabled me to take part in the conversation more fully.

Zoom doesn’t match being in the presence of others, something I miss a little more with each passing day of lockdown, but it is the closest possible substitute.

As I was chatting to my cousin’s, I didn’t enter the half 6 freeroll this evening.
    Evening @QUICKFEET had a strange day started off great won three out of four DYM's and finished third in the 12:30 happy days. Then after my one hour break outside in the sun came back and could not hit a thing and played terrible too. Did not help idiot next door having a ten hour garden party with another six idiots obviously never heard of lockdown. despite that disastrous session some how still have the pot above fifty (just).

22nd

12:30 -£3.30 won +£17.55

loss -£2.25

DYM's

£1.10 played 4 won 1 -£2.40
    £2.20 played 1 won 0 -£2.20
    £3.30 played 4 won 2 -£1.20

loss -£5.80

total +£51.25

Think we need @Tikay10 boom switch turned on for tomorrow.
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,127
    Hi @QUICKFEET

£26.00 donated. Fantastic charity, best of luck with the Poker Challenge.

Cheers,

Graham.
    edited April 2020
    Following on from my last post @QUICKFEET , I have just watched your video, all I knew about you before was your user name.

David, you are absolutely amazing! Such an inspiration and great that you can now get around driving!

I can only imagine the hurdles that you have had to overcome. It must have taken great courage and determination to achieve what you have done.

It is great that you can play poker and get enjoyment from that too.

I have run "Heads Up" charity Poker competitions and Poker "Ryder Cup Style" charity competitions on SkyPoker in the past and would be happy to do something similar again. To enter people would need to make/have made a donation (amount of their choice) to your charity.

Would you be happy for me to do that?

It would be an honour to assist you in raising funds for this.

I hope you don't mind but I have copy/paste your video link below, as I think more people should watch it.

It never ceases to amaze me when I find out about the people behind the SkyPoker alias's. More and more I come across truly outstanding individuals like yourself.

For those of you that haven't seen it, please do watch @QUICKFEET 's video below, it is truly inspirational.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!APjs1zi1tJ60Qq4&cid=BA7E091D2449BA71&id=BA7E091D2449BA71!45888&parId=BA7E091D2449BA71!45859&o=OneUp
    Thanks for the update @safc71 - poker can be a funny old game to paraphrase Jimmy Greaves sometimes every hand is a winner then you have a barren spell that goes on for ever.
    Thanks also to @StayOrGo for those kind words and the offer to host a competition to raise funds for The Movement Centre. I am more than happy for you to do so... if no one has any issues with it.
    I have been amazed by the reaction to the challenge. Initially, I didn't even put a link to the donation page in the OP thinking no one would be that interested. @ckd had to prompt me to add it.
    Many thanks to everyone for their support.
    QUICKFEET said:

Thanks for the update @safc71 - poker can be a funny old game to paraphrase Jimmy Greaves sometimes every hand is a winner then you have a barren spell that goes on for ever.
    Thanks also to @StayOrGo for those kind words and the offer to host a competition to raise funds for The Movement Centre. I am more than happy for you to do so... if no one has any issues with it.
    I have been amazed by the reaction to the challenge. Initially, I didn't even put a link to the donation page in the OP thinking no one would be that interested. @ckd had to prompt me to add it.
    Many thanks to everyone for their support.

Hi @QUICKFEET

Great, I will get onto it after my poker session tonight.

Is it OK if I post your video and details about THE MOVEMENT CENTRE on the FOSP (Friends Of Sky Poker) Facebook group, so that we can get reach out and get as many people to participate/donate as possible?
    No problem at all @StayOrGo
    Thank you very much for your help
    So today went well, 12 £3.30 DYMs. I lost the first 3, was really card dead, but then won 7 games on the bounce before losing the last 2 leaving me £2.40 in profit with £21.96 in my account. Shame I couldn’t have won one of those last two games as I would’ve been in up for the week by almost a pound!

Another busy day meant I didn’t start playing poker until 3 pm for 2 hours. Tea was later than usual as mum was keeping in touch with a neighbour over the phone so I didn’t begin the second 2 hour session until 7:15 with a short break half way through to clap our wonderful NHS and to wave at my neighbours... Hence 12 games today instead of the usual 13 and no Freeroll due to the later start to my evening session.

Even better than the good run of 7 winning games was waking up this morning to read a lovely post from @StayOrGo who offered to organise a competition on the site to raise further funds for The Movement Centre. I also passed the original target of £260 on my Just Giving page – at the start I never expected to get anywhere near that.

What marvellous people there are on this site! Thanks again to everyone for their support...
  • splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    £26 gladly donated.

Really hope you get the funds to keep this amazing work going.

Good luck with your challenge.
    Hi @QUICKFEET the mini run bad continued but not too bad. The gesture from @StayOrGo to help out just goes to show the people on the forum are amazing when it comes to helping others. I played on here for ages before i started reading the forum, So glad i did it helped me come to terms with variance and other issue's i had with the game.

23rd

17:30 -£2.20 won +5.72
    22:30 -£3.30 won +9.90

lost -£4.18

DYM's

£1.10 played 1 won 0 -£1.10
    £2.20 played 2 won 1 -£0.40
    £3.30 played 4 won 2 -£1.20

lost -£2.70

total +£44.37

Good luck on Friday QUICKFEET
    Many thanks @splashies
    Hope you have an upswing today @safc71
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,722

Not sure how I missed this thread until now.

Quickfeet is a boss in a site packed with bosses.

Well done all.
    Firstly, many thanks to @StayOrGo for setting up the QUICKFEET Cup... follow the link for details although I see that many have signed up to it already. Thank you for your support!

My Just Giving page is up to £474 now, my mind is blown... what an unbelievable week this has been... if the Government double that as it has promised to do with all involved with the 2.6 Challenge, then that can really make a difference to The Movement Centre.

So today I played the most games of the week – 16 £3.30 DYMs – but only won half of them thus the rake cost me almost a fiver taking me down to £17.16.

My first 90 minute session was at lunch time, that started really badly. Having won the first, in the next 2 games I was twice up against pocket Aces with all-ins when the blinds were high then in the third, my AK lost to AJ – 3 very frustrating losses. It took me all day to recover.

I played an hour before tea, then enjoyed some evening sunshine in the garden before playing 2 and a half hours from 7:15 onwards, hence the higher volume. I actually did 30 minutes more than the 4 hours today.

Hopefully, I will run a little better tomorrow to ensure the £26 I started with lasts until Sunday!
    QUICKFEET said:

Firstly, many thanks to @StayOrGo for setting up the QUICKFEET Cup... follow the link for details although I see that many have signed up to it already. Thank you for your support!

My Just Giving page is up to £474 now, my mind is blown... what an unbelievable week this has been... if the Government double that as it has promised to do with all involved with the 2.6 Challenge, then that can really make a difference to The Movement Centre.

So today I played the most games of the week – 16 £3.30 DYMs – but only won half of them thus the rake cost me almost a fiver taking me down to £17.16.

My first 90 minute session was at lunch time, that started really badly. Having won the first, in the next 2 games I was twice up against pocket Aces with all-ins when the blinds were high then in the third, my AK lost to AJ – 3 very frustrating losses. It took me all day to recover.

I played an hour before tea, then enjoyed some evening sunshine in the garden before playing 2 and a half hours from 7:15 onwards, hence the higher volume. I actually did 30 minutes more than the 4 hours today.

Hopefully, I will run a little better tomorrow to ensure the £26 I started with lasts until Sunday!

You are welcome Dave.

Best of luck for the weekend.