You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£26 Poker Challenge

Comments

• Options
    YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    Good luck sir, sounds like a great cause and well done for you and all the parents who have set this up. Donated sir all the best on and off the tables
  • Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    Hi @QUICKFEET sorry bud just can't get going at the moment. mixture of run bad and bad play i think. Still in profit but i don't want the pot to fall below the £26 mark, Came close a few times today to the final tables but without any real joy. Well let's see how Saturday goes mate.

12:30 -£3.30
    17:30 -£2.20 won +£1.05
    19:18 -£5.50
    19:45 -£3.30 won +£8.37
    20:40 -£2.20 won +£0.75
    22:30 -£3.30

lost -£9.63

DYM's

£2.20 played 2 won 0 -£4.40
    £3.30 played 2 won 1 -£0.60

lost -£5.00

total +£29.74

Good Luck on Saturday QUICKFEET

• Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,127
    edited April 2020
    @QUICKFEET it will be great if the government double what we raise. Let's hope so.

I am not sure how that works, how you claim it etc, but will be brilliant if you can get that!
  • Options
    QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    StayOrGo said:

@QUICKFEET it will be great if the government double what we raise. Let's hope so.

I am not sure how that works, how you claim it etc, but will be brilliant if you can get that!

Because The Movement Centre signed up to the 2.6 Challenge, the people who organised that, who were going to organise the London Marathon, are going to liaise with the Government. Bit like The Big Night In on Thursday, the Government don't want to commit to anything in advance just in case an absurd amount is raised that the country can't afford to double but I am hopeful.

My total is at £500 this morning... would just be fantastic if that does get doubled!
  • Options
    No worries @safc71 - when I hit a bad run, I just keep trying to play my game and wait for my luck to run good. Tough not to tilt, I know
    Thank you for your efforts this week... hope you are enjoying hooking up with my challenge
  • Options
    Fifteen £3.30 DYMs today. I won 6 of the first 8 and got back to my starting BR of £26 but lost my way from then on and only won 2 more. Ended the night at £15.66 – another -ve day but at least still have some thing to play with on Sunday.

Played half an hour at lunchtime followed by 2 hours from 3 pm. After tea I was going to do the last 90 minutes from 7 pm there was an unexpected interruption after an hour.
    Did the last 30 minutes from 9:30 but things didn’t go my way.

The good news is my Just Giving page has reached a fabulous £557. To give an idea what this means for my charity, a month’s therapy for one of our children costs £500.

One more day to go, let’s hope I can make my £15.66 last!
  • Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    edited April 2020
    Hi @QUICKFEET had a strange day finished 7th twice today just missing to cash. Got knocked out of the £5.50 game with trips on the flop for two days running. Just about ready to throw laptop out of the window when i managed to win the 19:45 to make profit for the day.

25th

17:30 -£2.20 won +£4.92
    19:45 -£3.30 won +£35.70
    20:40 -£2.20

won +£20.82

DYM's

£2.20 played 1 lost 1 -£2.20

lost -£2.20

total +£48.36

Really enjoyed hooking up for your challenge QUICKFEET lets hope we can both finish on a high on Sunday. Good Luck
  • Options
    safc71 said:

Hi @QUICKFEET had a strange day finished 7th twice today just missing to cash. Got knocked out of the £5.50 game with trips on the flop for two days running. Just about ready to throw laptop out of the window when i managed to win the 19:45 to make profit for the day.

25th

17:30 -£2.20 won +£4.92
    19:45 -£3.30 won +£35.70
    20:40 -£2.20

won +£20.82

DYM's

£2.20 played 1 lost 1 -£2.20

lost -£2.20

total +£48.36

Really enjoyed hooking up for your challenge QUICKFEET lets hope we can both finish on a high on Sunday. Good Luck

Nice one, best of luck @safc71 and @QUICKFEET for Sunday!
  • Options
    Nice one indeed @safc71
  • Options
    Apologies for repeating this picture as I have already posted it in the Quickfeet Cup thread but as it is the last day of my challenge, I thought it would be good to put up a reminder of what's it all about.

This is a montage from The Movement Centre's most recent awards day when all the children who have been treated in the prevoius 12 months are invited to a party where they go down a red carpet (often showing off their newly acquired walking skills) to collect their certificates. It was an amazing day!

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,336
    Hi Quick feet, Any money i win at MTTs today, Ill donate 13%.

An empty gesture , as already mentioned as I don't expect to win anything.
  • Options
    Many thanks @mumsie - good luck!
  • Options
    edrichedrich Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi @QUICKFEET ,

I'm going to play a few DYM tonight. Will donate any profit, or £26 whichever is the greater. Keep up the good work,

Ed.
  • Options
    Many thanks @edrich
  • Options
    My £26 Poker Challenge ended this evening with 2 hours of £3.30 DYMs before tea and 2 more after it, completing my challenge of 4 hours of poker every day for 8 days.

Rather ironically, the £26 I began with last Sunday ran out on the very last game tonight. Well, I have £2.16 left in my account so not enough for another £3.30 DYM but not completely bust – just enough to enter the Quickfeet Cup! So much that has happened surrounding this, including being contacted by @Phantom66 at just the right moment, makes me believe in fate.

Today, I took part in 15 DYM tournaments and began well with 4 wins out of the first 5 but the rest of the time was a nightmare – I only won 2 of the remaining 10 games.

Far more importantly than the poker, I currently have £613 in my Just Giving account with more pledged/possible depending on how well people play this evening. I will also top it up with at least £52 and maybe more if it means getting the total to hit a nice round figure.

Either way, I truly can’t believe the amount raised so far. I would have been delighted to have got close to £60 never mind surpass £600! …and hopefully the government will double it.

I can’t thank the members of the SkyPoker Community enough… You are all fantastic,
    generous people!

I have been away from poker for a while but I am back for good now! Four hours a day has been a lot (but well worth it for my charity) and I am just too busy for that amount of volume ordinarily, but I will dabble, hopefully for a few hours each week.

I shall also remain active on the forum – I probably don’t have enough material for a blog as the nature of being a football club director and charity trustee means so much that occupies my mind nowadays is confidential… and often quite intense – playing poker this week has been a nice diversion. Nonetheless, I will keep everyone up to date with news from The Movement Centre.

I am not sure how to end this – I am lost for words! It has been an unbelievable week.

Huge thanks to everyone who has got involved with a very special mention to @StayOrGo and @safc71... and also to @NOSTRI for sorting out my website problems!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Hi @QUICKFEET

Unlucky today, however it has given me so much satisfaction to assist you and I am so glad too that @Phantom66 contacted you and that you are back playing again.

I am still hoping to get more runners for the QUICKFEET CUP.

I intend to try and get other non participates to donate while the comp is going. I am also going to donate £5 for every game I lose, so if I go out the first round that would be £10 but if I progress then it will increase as the rounds go on.

Plus others may wish to do something similar as the rounds progress.

I seriously think we can reach £1,000.00 which if it were to get doubled, that'd be great!

I will do all I possibly can to get us to four figures, and knowing the great people in this community, I am sure we will achieve it.

It has been a privilege and an honour to make your acquaintance. It gives me much joy assisting you raise funds for such a brilliant charity!

Lets make four figures a reality.

All the best.

Graham
  • Options
    A grand would be fantastic @StayOrGo although I think you have done absolutely brilliantly so far!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    QUICKFEET said:

A grand would be fantastic @StayOrGo although I think you have done absolutely brilliantly so far!

Why not set the target to £1K on your Just Giving page? Up to you of course but I am sure we can do it!

Is there a time limit for donations to come in for the government to double them?
  • Options
    Target upped @StayOrGo... the 2.6 Challenges are due to end on 3rd May so I presume that would be the deadline for Government doubling
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,336
    My poker challenge was limp.

£5 sent..good luck getting the £1000