You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mini UKOPS Charity Side Bet.

waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
edited April 2020 in Poker Chat
For a bit of fun and to raise a few quid for good causes it will be good to have a Profit and Points based side bet on the go.

Each player will stump up £20 to donate at the end of the competition.

You will be drawn into a team of 2 and the winners will be the team who accumulate the highest points total and the team who make the most profit throughout the whole of Mini UKOPS.

Everybody then donates £10 to both of the winning teams chosen charities (or £20 if one team wins both), ideally sending a screenshot to confirm your donation.

The points system is as follows:

1st 12
2nd 10
3rd 8
4th 7
5th 6
6th 5
7th-10th 3
11th-20th 2
All other cashes 1

Many thanks to @NOSTRI who has kindly offered to help with the admin side of things. We will update our results daily using the following link so he can add them to his spreadsheet. Please note that all rebuys/addons taken must be added to your buyin so please be honest.

https://forms.gle/54HC5w5BFfrMjpo98

Register your interest on this thread by Wed 29th in order to give a couple of days to get things set up, then a draw will be made to pair everybody up in a team, you can decide on a team name between yourselves.

Good luck all.

In so far:

@waller02
@NOSTRI
@Allan23
@PKRPar
@bbMike
@MAXALLY
@Shelley7
@bigfatfish
@Summers119
@mumsie
@LmfaoAllin
@cpfc_2010
@HENDRIK62
@hhyftrftdr
@engy
@day4eire76
@SR23
@pomfrittes
@madprof
@Dollie

Comments

• Options
    Thought's on the ruling regarding missing an event. Are people happy with having the buyin deducted from their running total, or is it better to have it not being logged at all?
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    waller02 said:

Thought's on the ruling regarding missing an event. Are people happy with having the buyin deducted from their running total, or is it better to have it not being logged at all?

I think it would be fairer to lose that. For exampe I won't be playing any PLO events and would be upset to be penalised for it. But if that's the usual rule in the main UKOPS then I won't complain.
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    edited April 2020
    Aye just a zero cash and points if not played.

If we can get 8/10, would be good to maybe add in a team aspect for railing etc?
    And whatsapp/skype group
    :)
  • Options
    NOSTRI said:

waller02 said:

I think it would be fairer to lose that. For exampe I won't be playing any PLO events and would be upset to be penalised for it. But if that's the usual rule in the main UKOPS then I won't complain.
    Matt just clarified that if they didn't play an event then it didn't affect their buyins, it's just not logged. Seems fairer and I will edit OP now.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    I don't like the idea of losing the buy in if people don't play an event. None of the previous challenges have been done like that. If you don't play its a £0 result. The penalty is you cant get any points for that part of the challenge.
  • Options
    PKRPar said:

If we can get 8/10, would be good to maybe add in a team aspect for railing etc?
    And whatsapp/skype group

Depending on how much interest we get, I'm happy to go with the majority. I would prefer an individual league but if everybody else wants pairs as a team then we can go with that. Not sure how the pairs would be allocated and named or anything though?
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Teams to be drawn out of a hat and can be done live on twitch via the main man @Duesenberg
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Oooh a leaderboard points thingy with games I can afford (to lose in!).

I'm in.

On the results collation, you could set up a spreadsheet with individual tabs for each person, restricted to the entry cells only, then a locked summary tab that pulls the results through.

Would mean minimal admin, just sorting the summary table - but however you want to do it :)
  • Options
    waller02 said:

PKRPar said:

And whatsapp/skype group

Depending on how much interest we get, I'm happy to go with the majority. I would prefer an individual league but if everybody else wants pairs as a team then we can go with that. Not sure how the pairs would be allocated and named or anything though?
    it would be in addition i think. we can iron all this stuff out when we have numbers. maybe shorten the closing date for entries?
  • Options
    MattBates said:

Teams to be drawn out of a hat and can be done live on twitch via the main man @Duesenberg

+1.would be funny and a good way of doing it lol
  • Options
    bbMike said:

Oooh a leaderboard points thingy with games I can afford (to lose in!).

I'm in.

On the results collation, you could set up a spreadsheet with individual tabs for each person, restricted to the entry cells only, then a locked summary tab that pulls the results through.

Would mean minimal admin, just sorting the summary table - but however you want to do it :)

Nice one mate.

Nostri has it all taken care of, his sheer we will fill in each day looks ideal.
  • Options
    PKRPar said:

waller02 said:

PKRPar said:

And whatsapp/skype group

it would be in addition i think. we can iron all this stuff out when we have numbers. maybe shorten the closing date for entries?
    What date do you suggest closing entries? You could even do the draw in your twitch if @Duesenberg is busy cough cough.
  • Options
    What about Wednesday next week to give a couple of days to get organised?
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited April 2020
    I have a bingo machine that I haven't put to good use for a while
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    I think the duo teams worked well for the main ukops. Kept it interesting to the end and made for added ribbing opportunity when one guy is hundreds in the hole and the other isn't :D
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    Ok....In (without a diary)

Busy at work ATM, but agree to everything #runlikewaller says ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    bbMike said:

Don't you worry your pretty little heads about this. Will be bringing my A+ Pivot Tables game to this. It's looking even easier than I thought; should be able to fully automate it based on form responses.

Working in teams is going to be trickier if we go that route. Will manage though.

Will get everything done and sorted by the time entries for this are closed.

What's the plan for collecting and holding and then disbursing money, by the way? @waller02
  • Options
    PKRPar said:

What about Wednesday next week to give a couple of days to get organised?

That already was the closing date haha.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Ok yeah will do pairs and let @Phantom66 dust off his bingo machine for the draw when we have final numbers. You can then pick your own team names after the draw.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

You can then pick your own team names after the draw.

Dibs on Quaranteam.