You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Mini UKOPS Charity Side Bet.

Comments

• waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,012
    Enut said:

I don't play enough to warrant being in this but I'm quite happy to donate £10 to each of the winner's charities. Please remind me when I need to do so!

Very kind of you. Thanks.
    Allan23 said:

Points system looks fine to me. Don't want to make the 1st place points awarded too much imo, as although bigger fields means its more difficult to win one, if someone does win one it could be done and dusted

Good point. One final tweak then. Then its staying as it is Haha
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    waller02 said:

Allan23 said:

Points system looks fine to me. Don't want to make the 1st place points awarded too much imo, as although bigger fields means its more difficult to win one, if someone does win one it could be done and dusted

Good point. One final tweak then. Then its staying as it is Haha
    Maybe slightly more for 2nd?

Ive had a few 2nds this year.
  • PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    I was going to suggest we wait for final numbers, then setup a seperate private chat to agree t&cs etc, then post up a new thread for the rail. seemed to work well for the big boys.

Maybe even get whoever set it up to let us know how they did it? @miniman88
    edited April 2020
    PKRPar said:

I was going to suggest we wait for final numbers, then setup a seperate private chat to agree t&cs etc, then post up a new thread for the rail. seemed to work well for the big boys.

Maybe even get whoever set it up to let us know how they did it? @miniman88

I'm honestly happy to do whatever everybody who is in suggests. Although their side bet was between a smaller group who were already poker buds. This is forumwide and not everybody may have the option or the want of a private chat.

Also, @NOSTRI how many entrants before it becomes an absolute nightmare for you? I'm happy to stop entries when you are at your limit.
  • NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    waller02 said:

Also, @NOSTRI how many entrants before it becomes an absolute nightmare for you? I'm happy to stop entries when you are at your limit.

Infinity. Don't worry about me, the spreadsheet's doing 90% of the heavy lifting.
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,125
    Enut said:

I don't play enough to warrant being in this but I'm quite happy to donate £10 to each of the winner's charities. Please remind me when I need to do so!

+1 Same as @Enut Will donate £10 to each of the winner's charities.
    StayOrGo said:

Enut said:

+1 Same as @Enut Will donate £10 to each of the winner's charities.
    Thanks very much Graham, very kind. Also, thanks again for running the HU comp, do you need my address for the trophy now or shall I give you it at the end?
    Had pm entries by @LmfaoAllin and @cpfc_2010

Both added to the list (gulp)
    pm entry for @HENDRIK62 too. Added to list.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    waller02 said:

Someone is gonna be running seriously bad in the teams draw.

waller02 said:

Are you in?
  • LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,211
    waller02 said:

waller02 said:

Are you in?
    Yes, he is.

waller02 said:

waller02 said:

Are you in?
    Yes, he is.
    I'll stick his name down then
  • engyengy Member Posts: 723
    I'd like to join please
    It looks like we have had all the interest we are going to get, although we have an odd number atm so we need one more so far. Any takers?
    Had another entry via pm for @day4eire76

That's 16 players now so 8 teams.

Interest has dropped over the weekend and while we have even numbers we can close entries now and sort out doing the draw. Or leave it open for 2 more days but risk having an odd number.

What does everybody think?
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    waller02 said:

Interest has dropped over the weekend and while we have even numbers we can close entries now and sort out doing the draw. Or leave it open for 2 more days but risk having an odd number.

Suggest leave it open for 2 days
    Then, if have an odd number, have post that says only the next 1 (or 3) people will be allowed. It will fill.
    edited April 2020
    Essexphil said:

waller02 said:

Suggest leave it open for 2 days
    Then, if have an odd number, have post that says only the next 1 (or 3) people will be allowed. It will fill.
    Yeah, sounds best. The more that play, the more money we raise.

Are you joining us @Essexphil
  • NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    waller02 said:

I think it would have got more interest if it was something like half the prizepool going to winners and half to charity. Personally I'd rather give it all to charity but some people also like money.

Doesn't matter though, and the decision has been made now. I say give it a few days and close the doors. I'm sure we can get one of the regs to jump in if it ends up at an odd number.