You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Micro Masters League - Weekly Low Stakes Leaderboard

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    Fab write up again @NOSTRI
    Thanks for all the work in admin
    Pity I haven’t been able to get on your radar so far.
    Must try harder.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,350
    Bravo!

I find myself logging in and looking for the writeups. Great job.
  • Options
    JACKDAWJACKDAW Member Posts: 934
    edited May 2020
    funny that, 3 points on thursday and now 270, friday night i accidently entered the £22 megastack instead of the £5.50 and didnt notice untill the table opened. I was angry as **** with myself..... think i might stay angry lol it seems to be working ha ha
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    mumsie said:

Bravo!

I find myself logging in and looking for the writeups. Great job.

Me too Mumsie!

I have really enjoyed this week, the tournies, the occasional chat on the tables between league members and this thread. Long may it continue
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    edited May 2020
    Let's talk schedule changes. We haven't responded to all the feedback on this but we have been paying attention.

Here's a chart of how everything is doing with entries from you lot.

The only obvious weak performers here are the £300 Rebuy and the £100 Rebuy. It's not too surprising; the £300 RB has a very unforgiving, high variance format, and the £100 RB is rather late. Both get fairly low numbers overall, too. So we're going to give the £100 RB the boot. The £300 RB has one more week to save its life. If it gets more entries next week than this week, we'll keep it, otherwise it's gone.

There has been some discussion about adding a PLO tournament to the schedule. Since the forum now has a dedicated PLO league with some prizes, we're putting the kibosh on that. You can get involved with that HERE if you'd like.

And we are going to add the following tournaments to the schedule.
    • 1715: £100 Rebuy (£1.10)
    • 1805: £200 Bounty Hunter (£2.20)
    • 2015: £500 Deep Stack (£5.50) (Saturday & Sunday)
    • 2115: £300 Deep Stack (£2.20)
    The 2115 and 2015 Deep Stacks both got a few requests and seem like uncontroversial additions. We've added the 1805 BH, which also got a few requests, to provide another cheap seat. And we're going to give an earlier £100 RB a go too, partly to balance out the schedule's buy-in levels and see if it does better than the later one.

This is all effective from Monday. Everything stays the same tonight.

Discuss amongst yourselves. I'll be over here with earmuffs on going "la la la la la."
  • Options
    JACKDAWJACKDAW Member Posts: 934
    i entered the £300 re-buy on monday and after the first hand everyone on the table re-bought to double their stack up, which i found myself copying just to stay in contact and maximize my return on big hands . So that was a £6.30 starting cost before i could light my first ciggy. Didnt play anymore re-buys after that
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,350
    JACKDAW said:

i entered the £300 re-buy on monday and after the first hand everyone on the table re-bought to double their stack up, which i found myself copying just to stay in contact and maximize my return on big hands . So that was a £6.30 starting cost before i could light my first ciggy. Didnt play anymore re-buys after that

Yes, I did that, I wont be playing that one again on purpose.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    I’m back at work next week, any chance one of you kind souls could pop down to Lewes and finish my shift for me? If we tag team around 3pm ( 5pm fin time) it’ll give me a chance to play the new additions.

Either that or play for me in my style of only playing Aces.

Tia.
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

Hi @NOSTRI , you write very well and I like your sense of humour...

The tweaks to the schedule look good but as you are now kicking things off at 17:15 would it not make sense to also include the 17:30 £5.50 BH? :#

Potentially. We're trying to be careful not to let the schedule get too heavy on a) Bounty Hunters and b) £5.50 entries. It's all quite nicely balanced right now.

Click 'Agree' on @MynaFrett's post if you'd like to see it on the schedule. If it gets a good number by end of day, we'll add it.
  • Options
    Probably also worth noting that we're not going to be counting the Mini on Sundays, since its buy-in goes up to £11. Get over it.
  • Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    Count me in from next week.

Check out the plo8 bh league. don’t expect the fancy charts and graphs though.
    or write up’s for that matter.
    May have some to keep with with the masters.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    edited May 2020
    Great write ups @NOSTRI. From next week will you have data on who’s scoring the most points per tourney? Thought that might be a difficult stat to publish as we’re only entering results for tournies we’ve actually cashed in.

As for scheduling changes kicking those 2 and adding the suggested ones is good, as well as @MynaFrett’s suggestion of the 5:30 BH.

I do understand @misterpj’s point that final tabling a mini main is more impressive than a 100 runner thing. But creating a weighted points system seems rough work that could just confuse the system that’s already working well. Different people will win it every week so sometimes you’ll benefit from running well in the smaller field games, sometimes someone else will
  • Options
    Allan23 said:

Great write ups @NOSTRI. From next week will you have data on who’s scoring the most points per tourney? Thought that might be a difficult stat to publish as we’re only entering results for tournies we’ve actually cashed in.

You won't be entering results anymore after tonight, we've hired elves behind the scenes to gather the data for us. That means we'll know every entrant for every tournament, so should be possible to track stats like that.
    Allan23 said:

I do understand @misterpj’s point that final tabling a mini main is more impressive than a 100 runner thing. But creating a weighted points system seems rough work that could just confuse the system that’s already working well. Different people will win it every week so sometimes you’ll benefit from running well in the smaller field games, sometimes someone else will

We are definitively not going to be instituting any form of weighted points system for the time being. It would just be too much work for something that one of us needs to find the time to sort out every day for hopefully a long time. If it was easier to automatically collect data on how many people entered/cashed overall, it would be a different story, but it's not. I will be trying to streamline the tools I've made to facilitate putting all of this together over time though, so if and when I reach a point where it's all very quick and easy I will revisit trying to do something like this.

It's because of this that the Mini's inclusion on this schedule is fairly tentative. It does get a lot more runners than the other tournaments on the schedule and should, proportionally, award more points. But since that's too hard, a more desirable option from our perspective would be to just remove it from the schedule. But I suspect that would be an unpopular decision, so we haven't done it yet.
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Great work, will participate next week.

I wonder if @Tikay10 could speak to the suits and have a MicroMasters tab added to the tourney section, and then all the tourneys that are part of this could be easily visible?

If it's a lot of work, of course no need to do it.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    PKRPar said:

I wonder if @Tikay10 could speak to the suits and have a MicroMasters tab added to the tourney section, and then all the tourneys that are part of this could be easily visible?

@PKRPar

Nice idea, but all things considered, that's not something they would be prepared to do. The Micro Masters has - at a guess - 40 or so entrants, but every evening thousands of uniques play MTT's on Sky Poker, so in the greater scheme of things it's small beer. Certainly not to those who play it though.
  • Options
    PKRPar said:

As much as I think that would be wonderful I think it would cause a degree of confusion with people who don't know what on earth a Micro Masters is. Our efforts are perhaps better spent lobbying for a section on the Promotions page. :smile:
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

PKRPar said:

@PKRPar

Nice idea, but all things considered, that's not something they would be prepared to do. The Micro Masters has - at a guess - 40 or so entrants, but every evening thousands of uniques play MTT's on Sky Poker, so in the greater scheme of things it's small beer. Certainly not to those who play it though.
    46 now, actually. Does that change anything? :smiley:
  • Options
    DollieDollie Member Posts: 706
    You guys (Nostri & Waller) are doing a great job, it has been terrific fun all week. I will go with the flow on what ever you decide on the schedule, you have to manage it. The only thing I might change is to have a prize for the highest score on any one night, but I could be biased ;)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    NOSTRI said:

Tikay10 said:

PKRPar said:

@PKRPar

46 now, actually. Does that change anything? :smiley:

No no, 46 is very much in the "or so" range of 40. Never underestimate "or so" as a suffix, it has a myriad of uses.