You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Micro Masters League - Weekly Low Stakes Leaderboard

Comments

• Options
    engyengy Member Posts: 723
    Well played NOSTRI and thanks again to you and Waller for running it
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    edited June 2020
    Not sure there was anything silly about it @waller02 - we were all just kicking around ideas about the possibility of reallocating the duplicate £5 ticket which currently goes to 4th placed finisher - we had been invited to offer opinions/feedback/suggestions.

I'm honestly not trying to be clever or pick a fight but I don't think either the raffle analogy or the UKOPS reference carry a lot of weight either. It's called the Micro Masters and many players who play micro's either don't like to multi-table and/or don't play a lot of volume and it was just an idea to keep those guys interested for the long run and feel like they were in the running for something even if they couldn't keep pace with the guys firing most of the games most of the nights.

<3
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited June 2020
    MynaFrett said:

Not sure there was anything silly about it @waller02 - we were all just kicking around ideas about the possibility of reallocating the duplicate £5 ticket which currently goes to 4th placed finisher - we had been invited to offer opinions/feedback/suggestions.

I'm honestly not trying to be clever or pick a fight but I don't think either the raffle analogy or the UKOPS reference carry a lot of weight either. It's called the Micro Masters and many players who play micro's either don't like to multi-table and/or don't play a lot of volume and it was just an idea to keep those guys interested for the long run and feel like they were in the running for something even if they couldn't keep pace with the guys firing most of the games most of the nights.

<3 </p>

For somebody who never plays any tournament higher than £2.20 there are 7 games that meet that criteria every night (except Mondays), over 7 nights. Is it not reasonable to expect to have to play a few of them to give themselves the best chance possible of getting some decent points together?
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,347
    What about a prize for going out first hand against quad 5's ?
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited June 2020
    mumsie said:

What about a prize for going out first hand against quad 5's ?

That one I like!

Only an idiot would go out first hand against quad 5's.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,631
    i don't know why people are trying to complicate things
    players know the score when they put their names down , i don't know how many tournies there is , must be nine or ten per night not counted , i played 4 a night in the week due to work i played more at the weekend i was top on Friday so it goes to show nobody has to play all or most on the schedule to win a ticket
    leave it as it is and hope you have a heater like me
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,201
    stokefc said:

i don't know why people are trying to complicate things
    players know the score when they put their names down , i don't know how many tournies there is , must be nine or ten per night not counted , i played 4 a night in the week due to work i played more at the weekend i was top on Friday so it goes to show nobody has to play all or most on the schedule to win a ticket
    leave it as it is and hope you have a heater like me

Well said.
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    We should argue about this more often, this is the most action this thread has seen all week.

Putting this to bed for the time being. It seems like the majority who have weighed in are happy with things the way they are, so we're going with that. Top four win.

A good idea would be to spread the word about the MML if you see people who are regulars at low stakes but perhaps don't visit the forum. If we get enough people playing we might be able to negotiate more prizes from the big cheese and then it will be much more likely that we can give random spot prizes and whatnot.

Good luck to all who are playing tonight and don't forget the £300 Rebuy is now off the schedule.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,150

I definitely approve of all the extra posts, I get commission of a penny per word, so I'm a good few quid up thanks to your thread today.

Spreading the word to get more runners? Big +1 to that. The whole thing has been run superbly from the get go, with great bants from the players, but I honestly thought we'd get more participants. Word of mouth is always the best advert, so mentioning MML in the Table Chat can never be bad.
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724

Nice work @TVSpice :)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,150

oioi, well done @TVSpice
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    When does the good banter start?
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    MynaFrett said:

Nice work @TVSpice :)

Far better than my poker tonight! Absolute rubbish.
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    Tikay10 said:

oioi, well done @TVSpice

did the same in the micro 55p. Neither tables got a response in the chat but hopefully some might check it out after the Monday Night Madness
  • Options
    WESSSSSSTWESSSSSST Member Posts: 5
    13th
  • Options
    cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,681
    NOSTRI said:

When does the good banter start?

When does the decent poker start?
  • Options
    cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,681
    Two min cashes tonight. Also managed to shove into quad 2s. For some reason they called. Strange! :)
  • Options
    WESSSSSSTWESSSSSST Member Posts: 5
    ITM
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    cenachav said:

Two min cashes tonight. Also managed to shove into quad 2s. For some reason they called. Strange! :)

You take all my chips then only min-cash? Disrespectful!
  • Options
    DrudkhDrudkh Member Posts: 113
    Had a pretty strong evening lads, game on this week!