You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Micro Masters League - Weekly Low Stakes Leaderboard

Comments

• Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    edited June 2020
    I'm on the final table of one of our tournaments right now and I can't get it to load. Just wathcing my chips disappear in the lobby. It's the most frustrating thing in the world.

Edit: Was 3rd, now I'm 6th.

Edit 2: Someone got knocked out, just laddered to 5th!
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,355
    Gutted.

• Options
    Am I playing well?
  • Options
    Bit too tight mate.
  • Options
    Out in 5th. :(
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    Happening in cash games aswell now.
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    On a brighter note (tech issues) Jackdaw is in the mix in his 'prize' tournament, the Mini Major
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,319
    TVSpice said:

On a brighter note (tech issues) Jackdaw is in the mix in his 'prize' tournament, the Mini Major

@TVSpice

Yes, here's the current chip leaders, with 136 of the original 405 remaining;

WildcardAL 72418
    Kahuna96 44591.50
    Sergio1980 38456.50
    homersmpsn 36607.92
    Topdogfish 36362.50
    diane1969 33280
    Illoganboy 32335
    jerry1964 32202.50
    Bliiiind 31747.50
    jollydolly 29740
    cj0425 28417.50
    JACKDAW 27240
    rickmet14 27095
    mainspring 26593.74
    redsox1963 26445

• Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    I see Micro Master Kahuna96 is very much in the mix as well. GL both.

UL on your FT Nostri, horrible way to go :(
  • Options
    WESSSSSSTWESSSSSST Member Posts: 5
    Hi, can I get in on this please?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,319

Fabulous stuff, well done to both the winners & the organisers.
  • Options
    Let's see how the schedule did.

- Absolutely abysmal week for the £300 Rebuy and I'm afraid you have failed to save its life. We're going to kick it from the schedule.
    - No problems with the schedule newbies, the early £100 Rebuy and £500 Deep stack, so we'll hold on to them
    - Not so pretty for the late Deep Stack, but we're leaving it for now and we'll see how it does next week

Check the first post in this thread for the full updated schedule.

---

@WESSSSSST You're in. Good luck.
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    Congratulations @NOSTRI and the other three who won prizes @stokefc, @engy @cenachav. Another enjoyable week though I could barely hit a barn door after Tuesday.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    edited June 2020
    Great drama on the last night, Sky even throwing in some tech issues to spice it up further. Nice.

WP all, and congrats to Nostri (for honing the schedule perfectly to his benefit :D )

PS you’ve got the chav down twice in the Weekly Winners table, rather than Stokey in 2nd.
  • Options
    That was one heII of a final night performance @NOSTRI GG!
    Well done to all ticket winners.

I don't think I was worthy of a mention in the final writeup with 8th place from 37 games but @misterpj certainly was mention-worthy with his 7th place and impressive points haul from 18 games...

In all likelihood the league is going to be dominated by the players who are willing and able to commit to playing 30+ games a week. That's fine. The thing is, a lot of the players who wanted to be a part of this simply won't be able to commit to playing anything close to 30 games in a week for any number of reasons and therefore will really struggle to ever realistically compete for a top four spot and a prize. Could it be an option to have the top three places paid as is but have the prize for fourth place (fourth place isn't really a 'thing' anyway is it? Gold, Silver, Bronze...) go to the player who has the best record from a minimum of ten games and a maximum of twenty? Whether that would be purely points total or a combination of metrics, I don't know, but I think it would make it more interesting and give the lower volume players a better chance of getting something out of it at the end of the week.
  • Options
    "But then someone who may have planned to play all week wins a tournament in their eleventh game and decides not to play for the rest of the week..."

Just one of the counter arguments that immediately came to mind on posting but I don't think it's a strong counter.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    We were discussing giving the 4th prize away as some kind of spot prize each week but we couldn't come up with anything that seemed suitable. Besides, shouldn't it be right that those who play more have a better chance of winning?
  • Options
    Most final tables is key to the getting the prizes.

This can be done with little volume as I intend to prove this week.
  • Options
    Perhaps, but they are rewarded with the £33 ticket for 1st, the £11 ticket for 2nd and a £5 ticket for 3rd... then a duplicate £5 ticket for 4th. I just thought there would be a nice balance in having the volume players competing for 3 spots and 3 prizes (including the £33 and £11 tickets) and the low volume players outside the top 3 having the chance to compete for 1 spot and a £5 ticket.