You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

From despair to where? SR23's cash/no cash diary

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,213
    SR23 said:

According to the leaderboard, I've pinged the £1K in this week's eliminator freerolls. I'm delighted.

Delighted, and hungover. Was six heads behind the leader yesterday but managed to pick up seven yesterday playing on a phone in the pub while drinking pints of gin and tonic. Phone ran out of battery when I jammed w/TT and 20 players remaining. Only found out this morning that I lost that one and that a couple of hands later folded AK pre w/4 bigs. PM for coaching rates.

Think the TT may have been v my AJs, rivered, obv.

Remember feeling a pang of guilt as knew you were battling ftw, it didnt last long, obv.

Congrats on the win, a very worthy winner, perhaps.

How will you split the 1k between BR and pub kitty?
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    edited July 2020

SR23 said:

According to the leaderboard, I've pinged the £1K in this week's eliminator freerolls. I'm delighted.

Delighted, and hungover. Was six heads behind the leader yesterday but managed to pick up seven yesterday playing on a phone in the pub while drinking pints of gin and tonic. Phone ran out of battery when I jammed w/TT and 20 players remaining. Only found out this morning that I lost that one and that a couple of hands later folded AK pre w/4 bigs. PM for coaching rates.

Think the TT may have been v my AJs, rivered, obv.

Remember feeling a pang of guilt as knew you were battling ftw, it didnt last long, obv.

Congrats on the win, a very worthy winner, perhaps.

How will you split the 1k between BR and pub kitty?
    It's absolutely perhaps: think I missed one, possibly two, nights and (obviously) simply ran golden the nights I played - especially the night I picked up 20 heads. I've played better than that and lost £K's before so maybe variance is real after all.

Dude, a few years ago I would have snap-pubbed and spent days buying rounds but I think I'm going to buy a controller with a view to DJ-ing at home/small venues and chuck the rest in the BR. Squareness ftw.
  • Options
    Apologies for the poker/diary sabbatical - I've gone and done a @Duesenberg and have just been swerving it for a few weeks. Not quite sure why. I went over on my arm playing doubles last weekend and used that as an excuse for a while but it was the sorriest of excuses. After going over on my arm I still managed to (thin brag coming) serve three aces and hit a few winners throughout the rest of the match and so I'm sure I could have spent some hours last week clicking a few buttons.

I've just not been in the mood, I suppose. What I've really been in the mood for is working. From August-December last year I worked as hard as I've ever done and felt better than I have for decades. More of the same work is on the horizon for the rest of the year but the current situation means that that horizon is looking pretty cloudy. Let's see.

Had a tiny session half an hour or so ago and the 10/20nl tables look pretty tough. Too tough to grind, zoom up the tables in the promo and go for Prio this month? Let's see about that, too. They do say that tough poker times breed tough poker players.

In more positive news, I have managed to withdraw £1400 and went to a sparsely-populated, socially-distanced rave in a local, crumbling Norman castle at the weekend. That helped clear out a few psychological and emotional cobwebs. Would recommend.
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    How's it going lately @SR23 ? Are you still fighting and winning on all fronts?

I always start to miss your posts when you go quiet for a few weeks. I'm also missing your Office/Peep Show quotes.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,171
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

How's it going lately @SR23 ? Are you still fighting and winning on all fronts?

I always start to miss your posts when you go quiet for a few weeks. I'm also missing your Office/Peep Show quotes.

Really good of you to drop by - appreciate the prompt. I cleared all the money from my account, sunk myself into work for a bit and clean forgot that poker existed. Good old work. If you're hanging out in @Duesenberg 's stream tonight I'll see you there for Peep Show quotes. Good old Duesenberg.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Great to hear from you, & it sounds to me you've done a good job in putting a few things to bed.

Bit of a ledge in my book.

• Options
    ^
    Good things > bad things
  • Options

Can we speculate on what you were up to in London? You know, the Big Project.
  • Options
    I had to sign an NDA but at the next SPT you can ask me stuff and get live reads from my facial expressions ...
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,727
    Hi Steve.
    Really pleased you posted, thanks., it makes for good reading always.
    I’ve been contemplating giving updates on family stuff, I know you liked to read about the ups ( and some downs) of normality in my life, so I’ll take the opportunity whilst I’m here.
    My dear daughter has been doing very well, she has been doing an ‘ NVQ’ in the Care Home she works in, ( whilst going through...you know)
    She passed with a Distinction. Proud Dad.
    Good Luck in your future ventures in all aspects of life.
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Hi Steve.
    Really pleased you posted, thanks., it makes for good reading always.
    I’ve been contemplating giving updates on family stuff, I know you liked to read about the ups ( and some downs) of normality in my life, so I’ll take the opportunity whilst I’m here.
    My dear daughter has been doing very well, she has been doing an ‘ NVQ’ in the Care Home she works in, ( whilst going through...you know)
    She passed with a Distinction. Proud Dad.
    Good Luck in your future ventures in all aspects of life.

Hiya Tom,

Without wanting to sound trite or insincere I do like to hear how your daughter is getting on and care home work is pretty much the nuts (as are distinctions). You're rightfully proud. Ah, the ups and the downs of life ...

Are you playing poker still? Sorry, not been here for a while. If you are, hopefully see you over the next week or two.

Thanks for the glglglgl. You too, hermano.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    Great to hear from you Steve, pleased to see that you're in a good place right now.

I think @NOSTRI is running a Mini UKOPS challenge again if you are up for it. It's a long old slog though as I'm sure you remember from last time.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    SR23 said:

Quick update as it's nice to end things, right? Right.

So, when I began this back diary earlier in the year I wrote:

My life is falling apart (again) and I thought a diary might help stitch it back together. Last May, I started a diary and within three weeks I was earning £500 a day working in Holland. Before that, I started a diary and span up a really small sum of money into a far more impressive sum of money. Earlier this year some good stuff happened after starting a diary and I managed to donate a bit of money to a couple of charities.

I could do with some more good stuff happening to me. I'm still being plagued by my old co-conspirators depression and anxiety, have maddening tinnitus and insomnia, drink too much, may or may not take drugs too much and sometimes get exploding head syndrome. True story.

Alongside that spiteful little psychological and emotional cocktail this diary should serve as a chance to talk about some other issues bothering me including guilt, lack of work, writing, not getting laid, wanting to buy a flat, wanting to start up a charity and tricky turn decisions. Actually, perhaps all of the above are caused by - or at least hampered by - tricky turn decisions. Stupid turns.

Cliffs: Writing a diary works.

Better Cliffs: Writing this diary (along with some other stuff) has worked for me.

Many of the above things in the italicised bit have been put to bed. I've just finished a big seven week project up in London. (And I do mean big. And I do also mean London.) As such, I can now put down a deposit on a flat if I wanted to (I don't). I turned down free Class A drugs (and sex) last night and haven't taken illegal drugs in what feels like an era. Exploding head syndrome has gone. Depression and anxiety teeter around the fringes of my psychological life but don't have me by the throat. I'm sensing a relationship in that last bit, somewhere.

If all this sounds like show-offy grandstanding I apologise, it's just rare for me to feel this way and I just wanted to get it out there, man. Long may it continue.

As for starting up a charity: I'm working on it.

As for tricky turn decisions: I'm not working on it, and haven't played a single hand of poker in around two months, but looking forward to getting back into at some point. Perhaps mini-UKOPS.

Thanks for reading all, it's been a blast.

It's always good to hear positive news, I have a particular liking for reading about life good news. A massive shift from where the diary started.

Find your story telling and the way you are able to express yourself in diary format very engaging.

Long may things continue to go well for you.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Great to hear from you Steve, pleased to see that you're in a good place right now.

I think @NOSTRI is running a Mini UKOPS challenge again if you are up for it. It's a long old slog though as I'm sure you remember from last time.

I was going to ask about this. And it is a slog, but a happy slog. Remember last time regging for events on the final day of Mini UKOPS and feeling sick at the thought of playing a hand.

Still, time is a great healer and I'm feeling pumped. May get involved, cheers dude and thanks for the buoyant message. Your stream is pretty rad.
  • Options
    What a wicked-nice message, thanks very much indeed @Cammykaze