You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

July 2020 a, little dabble, on the gee gees, for the calender month, from;

Comments

• Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    The reason, this 3yo,thus far, this season, has not shown, its real ability, is, was, it had been running, with a now (hopefully fully cured hip problem) this, is 2 stone better, than it's runs this season, VALUE baby.
    5 points each way, BOG, best odds gaurenteed, at 20-1 (365) and going fast, get on.
    Doncaster 15.35
    No 6 MOHICAN HEIGHTS 20-1 5 points ew
    Same as yesterday, if, it is going to be any day, it's today, this, was considered a live Derby chance, be lucky pj.
  • Options
    A, gamblers life, can be.. FRUSTRATING..!
    Especially, with, the reverse CAST,.. 6 times, left, right, N centre!

• Options
    Tony,. please, show AGGRO & Jo
    Back, in the 80s,a likkle oik, not only, had multiple 0898 premium lines, advertised everywhere.
    He, also, had, the exclusive, 'odds to' (then, a tenner)..
    His PRIVATE BETS.
    funnily, enough, said Oik... was approx? 17,18,19,..
    And,full of it.
    Why, I can, BE SO BOLD.. is,... because;
    VERBATIM.. Patrick.. innit..?
    Sue, my HEINY.. if you disagree,.......
    But.. at that time, misterpj, had, a Hoss.. X 4 owners,.. Me, plus 3..with Jenny Pitman, (son Mark) married to, Richard Pitman.
    SAID OIK.. enemy number ONE. my HEINY.. XXX. a million..
    Patrick.. Garrison Savvanagh.. Yes mate.
    Our, horse, not Garrison.., but, Garrison, gagged up, in the Gold Cup.chinned,in the National, under a welterweight, by, that French thing, The Fellow,.. mucho, to dear Patrick's chagrin.
    His, odds too Mob.. On, for FORTUNES.. ask him, direct..
    Maybe,.. A tipping line, wants a recruit..?
    Winning Line.. Paid VEITCH, (LOL, LOL, NNN, LOL, £200,000)..
    then,Mr Sevenoaks NEVISON,.. somewhat less..(lol)
    They,ran good.. but, so was (then).. 90s,...before the scandal.. ISIRIS... hmmmm.
    Never, get on, at prices..!..
    Bob (Bobby Rothman) .. fella knows me, Xtra well.. ,
    Bobby,..Robbie Vincent, radio show, 1985..then then, red alert Gambler..
    He, tip one. It went.. No offers..
    As, for Enemy Number One..
    Before, the gang, Slaughter me..
    Try this.
    Ester Ranzen show.. With pro gambler, Patrick Vietch.. On the CHOOB..
    LMAOFF.
    Anyway..shrewd,gambler,that PJ..
    Any!.. Tipping line, available.. 💋❤️👍❤️👍💋💋💋😇😇😇

See, guys n dolls, seen it, done it, been there, a gazillion times..
    So, when, any Kermit Frog. puts, NONSENCE, in my direction..
    I, crack up.... way, way, too long 8n tooth, and

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264
    edited September 2020
    If anyone can understand what that was about, I'd appreciate an explanation.

I only understood the after-timing part.

• Options
    Model Guest, was a plot hoss, 8s,> 5s,sp..all,went,Pete Tong. Got lead, wins 10 minutes
    Mohican Heights, oodlems, ability,.. never to be.
    Old Friend, last chance.
    Chunks Ability,..
    Wolver Sunday 17.35 Racecard Number 7
    Not,in any way, being flash, WON chunks, proper chunks today
    So, I can have, (Had) 2 gees, ew, OLD FRIEND,.. 365..and,surprise,they lay it
    Skybet 5-1,and,as short as 3s,in a place
    Connections, throwing last, CHUNKS at this,
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    good luck with my old friend a million jocks to choose from and walker puts the most unbalanced useless t wat on it mind you it could still win without any help from the saddle gl
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    The Horse is hot favourite .......but R.N.G. Jokey on instructions.
  • Options
    goldon said:

The Horse is hot favourite .......but R.N.G. Jokey on instructions.

excellent
  • Options
    unlucky mrp
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Tikay10 said:

If anyone can understand what that was about, I'd appreciate an explanation.

I only understood the after-timing part.

I understand it all.
    A bit of reminiscing, a bit of name dropping,and part owner of a horse.
    They were probably exciting times for misterpj.
    And imo, the yearning to have a tipping line,which are money for old rope,with no comeback.
    Unless somebody comes round threatening to cut off your legs, obv.
    He likes to try and spot the plot horse, which can make reading a form guide for a race a totally pointless exercise.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    misterpj, I’m wondering whether you went racing in the 70’s 80’s and 90’s.
    A mate and I would frequent Kempton, Sandown, Goodwood, Windsor, and the odd trip to Epsom in the 80’s and 90’s.
    You mentioned The Fellow as “ that French thing”.
    A mate and I must have been to about 15 consecutive King George’s, and The Fellow was a favorite of mine, leading me to some nice pickups. Actually, getting done by two short heads and a win in the Gold cup, plus two King George wins, makes him a bit of a superstar imo.

I’m only here to brighten up the thread with some pics,vvvv below, and some bits.
    It’s not all about making or losing money, but appreciating the horses.
    DONT FORGET THEY ARE BEASTS, and if they don’t fancy it, they won’t have it.
    I’m wondering how many horses don’t even start a race per year, must be in the hundreds.

Willie Carson rode Bahri under the trees at Ascot,not Goodwood.
    What made it sweeter,was that Bahri,s pacemaker took the field along on the inside of the track on rain softened ground.( cunning plan Baldrick?
    Short story involving a meet at Sandown.
    Same mate and I have a couple of beers, then wander into the middle of the course for a 2yo sprint. Baking hot day, firm ground,wander down to the 2 furlong marker, no one else about.
    The field approach us, a horse clips heels, jockey straight over the handlebars, lands at our feet.
    Not sure if he’s concussed or winded or what,but frothing at the mouth a touch.
    No ambulance following the race in those days, Infact i tried to find out when all that started🤔nope.So my mate did the decent thing, nicked the colours cap of said jockeys helmet, for a souvenir, obv. Still has it to this day.
    Identify said jockey below vvvv, Brave man. Well known. But younger here.
    I did win £5K In the Racing Post Ten To Follow in the 90’s, had to pick up the comedy cheque at Market Rasen, which is rather a long trot from Surrey.
    The prize was for the most points in July, I was leading the points for the month, but I had nothing running for me on the Sunday 31st. Chappy in second a third place,a guy from Gurnsey,had two list with the same horse in each list running for him in France, and it was the fav. Elizabeth Bay.
    If that horse had won,I would have picked up nowt, just the top two list pick up.
    So, in those days,following it on ceefax was the only option.
    Betting was up on the tv, and they’re off!
    And that was that. Wonderful BBC just left the betting up, no result.
    Check the results page, nothing through.
    5 hours later, they put up the result. Fav finished 3rd, 🙏
    It might have helped that they ran on a proper boggy track.
    Getting a tipping line up and running flashed through my mind, especially as I had my boat in the Racing Post( smallish article) but might have carried some clout, with a bit of pitch, but nah.

To my reckoning, there’s 50+ ways your selection can get beat,under both codes.
    Some extreme, but they happen.
    Biting?

I’ll list them sometime, meanwhile,vvvvvvv they’re BEASTS!

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Anyone, can easily see, any race replay, simply go to affiliated sportinglife, at the top right, of this and every sky site.
    Mainly, for Gpc, but, I'm pretty generous!

Want to be on, a plotted one?
    A chunk, shshhh in hand, it's had the wind op, and a spin today.
    Shame really, watch the entire race, 13.55 Lingers, and only concentrate, on 'handbrake' Jimmy, and AHDAB.. the shame, that was there, for the taking, plenty double figures everywhere.
    Watch the horse, and the ride, all the way around, then put AHDAB, in your notebook, most urgent.
    with, the notes, based on last run, wind op worked a treat, given a 'real easy' looks an absolute MORAL, BACK next two runs..... pj.. passes
  • Options
    And, I now give you, Mr Gosdens, 2021 Derby horse.

Once raced 2yo ( Harry Obviously Kane) obviously 😋

Both the winner, and the third, have come out of Derab's Ascot maiden, and both buzzed up.
    Derab ridden by Frankie has just one more run this season, probably Wolverhampton, wins by half the track, on the snaffle, put away for winter, target, 2021 Derby.

Price? Today, 50-1, skybet, best, take that, while you can, (Harry Kane) obviously, each way, 50s.
    Wont be, after next run.

2021 Derby horse Derab
    2020 Xmas Expenses horse Ahdab

• Options
    Think Roaring Lion, but better.
    One more run only, tonks up, in its maiden, Wolvers, Newc or Kempton.
  • Options
    I give you last little clue.
    For, your notebooks.

A thrice raced maiden 2yo.
    Tailed off, last of 8 at 10s on its debut.
    Second LAST, 5th of 6 at 14s on second start.
    Just gone off 100-1 unplaced, third run.

misterpj says;
    Bang this in your notebook, with the "pjform" positive asterix ¤
    (please no labotomized advise me that's not an asterix 🤧)

Perfik, 3 runs,maiden, unplaced, unplaced, unplaced, at 10s 14s 100s
    Lick your lips, the unplaced at 100s,in reality, stonking run,.................

In the correct hands, to have this, right off, Gpc, tell em, keep it quiet!
    A likkle Hoss, call Distinction

• Options
    edited September 2020
    @misterpj , the Derby is a long way off. Each horse has to get there,and in top shape, and act on the track, and going. Derab could prove to be a good horse, but not all Derby winners even ran as 2yos. Ruler Of The World for example.
  • Options
    well done for stating the obvious chilling
  • Options
    gpc70 said:

well done for stating the obvious chilling

I’m not sure if it’s something at the forefront of a punters mind, so is it obvious?
    It was certainly something that ruined the Ten to Follow Racing Post competition in 1993.
    Most folks are looking for next years Derby winner from this years 2yos.
    You have stable tours in the books, mags,Racing papers, with top trainers leaning towards certain horses for their Derby hope.
    The Ten to Follow used to be a choice of 10 horses from a list of 1000,per entry.
    With the aim of picking up as many points you could, with classics, Group and listed races providing bonus points.
    All the big races, like the Derby and Arc were races that the guys and gals were looking forward to, with hopefully one of their selections picking up the bonus.
    So, Commander In Chief winning the Derby in 1993, unraced as a 2yo,won the biggest bonus race,but obviously wasn’t in the list of 1000 to choose from.
    The previous unraced at 2 winner was Morston ,20 years before.

Derab is well bred though.