You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Confusion.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,537
  • Options
  • Options
    Boris's Covid disaster: Tory backbenchers in revolt over No 10's TWELVE bungling WFH and lockdown U-turns - as poll finds crisis has poisoned public's view of PM while Starmer's standing has improved

A poll for MailOnline found 39 per cent of the public have a more negative view of the PM due to the shambolic handling of the pandemic. Meanwhile, just 21 per cent said their opinion had improved. Alarmingly for Downing Street , the results were starkly different for Labour leader Keir Starmer - with his stock having risen significantly. The findings in research by Redfield & Wilton Strategies comes amid mounting Tory panic over the performance of the government. Mr Johnson was roasted at PMQs yesterday for the latest chaotic shift of position on lockdowns. Bolton and Trafford were among a series of areas in the North West due to see restrictions eased - but the plan was abandoned at the last moment. Sir Graham Brady, chair of the Conservative 1922 backbench committee, said this morning that the shift was 'disappointing'. He also warned that rumoured tax rises to fill the Treasury's financial black hole left by Covid could 'stifle' the recovery.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
  • Options
    Concerns are raised about the NHS Test and Trace programme, which is described as "flawed and dangerous" by a senior figure in British Medical Association in the i.
    Dr Peter English says doctors are "incredibly worried" that if people are required to travel miles to get tests, they won't bother.
    The Daily Mirror says its analysis suggests that just 45% of contacts were being reached by call centre staff at the end of August.
    While Huffpost UK asks whether the label, NHS Test and Trace, undermines the health service's brand. It suggests the tag be dropped given its performance, saying it isn't formally part of the NHS.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-54021407

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774

I’d just like to thank @Haysie for punching home repeatedly’ the vulnerable will always be vulnerable’, that message is of great importance. After a tricky start to the pandemic, we all know where we are now.
    ‘ Stay Alert ‘ must seem so easy to understand now,and was from the start for most, but there’s always a few. God bless them.
    With all the changes in guidance,now, and on the horizon,they will struggle, God bless them.
    I do think @Haysie will be p issing against the wind for 5years , a bit sad for a man of his age, life’s too short, but gl anyway.
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    ‘ P issing against the wind’, sounds like a title for a ditty, in the style of........

I’ll see what I can come up with,maybe I can slip @Haysie in there somewhere.
  • Options
    chilling said:

I’d just like to thank @Haysie for punching home repeatedly’ the vulnerable will always be vulnerable’, that message is of great importance. After a tricky start to the pandemic, we all know where we are now.
    ‘ Stay Alert ‘ must seem so easy to understand now,and was from the start for most, but there’s always a few. God bless them.
    With all the changes in guidance,now, and on the horizon,they will struggle, God bless them.
    I do think @Haysie will be p issing against the wind for 5years , a bit sad for a man of his age, life’s too short, but gl anyway.

It is a shame that even you had to just give up defending the Government, and resort to posting absolute nonsense.
    It must be awful to feel that you have to just give up?
    Although I do understand why you have done this, how could anyone possibly defend the confusion and all the u-turns.
    If you have anything sensible to say, by all means post it, but please post your nonsense elsewhere.
    Maybe start a nonsense thread of your own?

More than 1,000 UK doctors want to quit NHS over handling of pandemic

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/more-1-000-doctors-want-143010526.html
  • Options
  • Options
    PM's fulsome praise for Trump revealed" is a headline in the Sunday Telegraph after official notes taken at meetings between the UK and the US were leaked to the paper.
    In 2017, while he was foreign secretary, Boris Johnson is quoted as saying Mr Trump was doing "fantastic stuff" in dealing with China, and was "making America great again".
    The paper says the remarks are "eye-catching" given that polls consistently show a majority of Britons disapprove of the US president.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-54044870

• Options
  • Options
    chilling said:

DAVID DAVIS: Our clumsy quarantine system is destroying livelihoods and making the UK a laughing stock... and it's based on science as reliable as a weathervane in a whirlwind

DAVID DAVIS: Heathrow has already got its testing stations in place and is willing to organise staff and even home-tests for its travellers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
  • Options
    chilling said:

‘ P issing against the wind’, sounds like a title for a ditty, in the style of........

I’ll see what I can come up with,maybe I can slip @Haysie in there somewhere.

• Options
    chilling said:

• Options
    chilling said:

Up to £3.5bn of furlough cash could be lost to fraud and error

As much as £3.5bn has been stolen from the public purse through fraudulent claims on the taxpayer-funded furlough scheme, the boss of HMRC has warned.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/up-to-3-5bn-of-furlough-cash-could-be-lost-to-fraud-and-error/ar-BB18N4Ah?ocid=msedgdhp
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options