You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Online - £50,000 2 day Tournament, September 5th & 6th. Now with added Bounties.

Comments

• Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Hi @Tikay10
    Hi Tony, hope you are well and keeping safe.
    Couple of questions .
    How many people on each table, six or nine?
    Am I correct in thinking no antes?
    Are people allowed to qualify via satellite more than once, if so, is that so they can rebuy if necessary. If they don’t need to rebuy, is that money only able to be used against future SPT’s?
    Are there going to be any Sky Poker bounties as per the live events?
    Is @IrishRose forced to leave her coat in the hallway?
    I couldn’t see anything on the promo page, but I am the type of person who never reads the instructions.
    Nick
  • Options
    cpfc_2010cpfc_2010 Member Posts: 316
    Tikay10 said:

Could we use seats we have won from previous SPT Satellites?

@destinycod

I was under the impression that all the SPT seats "in the bank" were used up for UKOPS - do you believe you still have one?
    I still have one
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    Tikay10 said:

Could we use seats we have won from previous SPT Satellites?

@destinycod

I was under the impression that all the SPT seats "in the bank" were used up for UKOPS - do you believe you still have one?
    Hi Mr K
    I had 2 seats for Spt Brighton , using only one
    Could you please check if mine is still “ in the bank “ please
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213

Guys,

I assumed all "seats in the bank" had been used, but several of you have suggested otherwise, so I'll raise it with the office on Monday. Sats don't start until Monday so that's soon enough.

@destinycod

@cpfc_2010

@tomgoodun
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Will you be playing it @Tikay10 ?
  • Options
    PKRPar said:

Looks awesome, will definitely try and sat in.

@Tikay10 Has any thought been given about sat tickets? Normally if you sat in you have to be there from the start, but given there is 6 hours of late reg, that may be a little excessive for players who could ordinarily choose their "real life" sat ticket at a normal SPT if that makes sense.

Some people may also not be able to play until a couple of hours into the tourny (i.e. in my head i'd like to reg around level 4/5.)

Just some food for thought.

@PKRPar

I don't think that's likely or possible due to software limitations.

Players can sit in after 3 or 4 levels & still have a good stack. It's 30 minute levels, 25,000 starting chips, & look at the early levels;

1 50 100
    2 75 150
    3 100 200
    4 150 300

• Options
    edited August 2020
    pompeynic said:

Hi @Tikay10
    Couple of questions .
    Are people allowed to qualify via satellite more than once, if so, is that so they can rebuy if necessary. If they don’t need to rebuy, is that money only able to be used against future SPT’s?
    I couldn’t see anything on the promo page, but I am the type of person who never reads the instructions.
    Nick

@pompeynic

Hi Nick,

Yeah, I'm fine ta. You been watching much MLB? I watched the Angels from an empty stadium the other night, weird. Yankees top the AL East so all is well with the world.

So, your Q's;

1) 6 max

2) Correct, no antes.

3) Satelliie seats - the T & C's state;

2. By playing in the SPT Online satellites, players have the opportunity of winning a maximum of one seat to the SPT Online tournament taking place Saturday 5th - Sunday 6th September.

4) Not in the sense we do at Live SPT's, as far as I know there won't be any "staff" players except, I assume, Mr Channing.

5) @IrishRose will be expected to do the full stand up, pick up coat & handbag, sit back down routine.
  • Options
    MattBates said:

Will you be playing it @Tikay10 ?

@MattBates

I'm sure you guys would love that, but for all the wrong reasons...

I remember in my early days of live poker, around 2002 - 2004, I was always offered a seat at any cash games going. It was several years & a good few thousand £ before I twigged why I was so "popular" at cash games.

More seriously, no, as far as I am aware it's only Mr Channing repping The Business.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Tikay10 said:

pompeynic said:

Hi @Tikay10
    Couple of questions .
    Nick

@pompeynic

Hi Nick,

Yeah, I'm fine ta. You been watching much MLB? I watched the Angels from an empty stadium the other night, weird. Yankees top the AL East so all is well with the world.

So, your Q's;

1) 6 max

2) Correct, no antes.

2. By playing in the SPT Online satellites, players have the opportunity of winning a maximum of one seat to the SPT Online tournament taking place Saturday 5th - Sunday 6th September.

4) Not in the sense we do at Live SPT's, as far as I know there won't be any "staff" players except, I assume, Mr Channing. But it's a Bounty Hunter, so there will be regular bounties.

5) @IrishRose will be expected to do the full stand up, pick up coat & handbag, sit back down routine.

I thought it wasn't a bounty hunter?
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Tikay10 said:

pompeynic said:

Hi @Tikay10
    Couple of questions .
    Nick

@pompeynic

Hi Nick,

So, your Q's;

1) 6 max

2) Correct, no antes.

4) Not in the sense we do at Live SPT's, as far as I know there won't be any "staff" players except, I assume, Mr Channing. But it's a Bounty Hunter, so there will be regular bounties.

Hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere
  • Options

@Allan23 @MattBates

Ignore me, it's way past my bedtime.

It's NOT a Bounty Hunter.

Post edited now.

Apologies for brainfart.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Not a problem @Tikay10 , must be comforting to know you'll have a couple of t wats right on your case at the slightest slip up :)
  • Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    Oooh good stuff. I have a long drive that day but will try and make it.
  • Options
    destinycoddestinycod Member Posts: 35
    Tikay10 said:

Guys,

I assumed all "seats in the bank" had been used, but several of you have suggested otherwise, so I'll raise it with the office on Monday. Sats don't start until Monday so that's soon enough.

@destinycod

@cpfc_2010

@tomgoodun

I should have 3 "seats in the bank". I didn't know that I could have used them for UKOPs, I can't recall seeing the option given to me. If it was, I would have used my seats then and am sure others would have done the same.
  • Options

Tikay10 said:

Guys,

@destinycod

@cpfc_2010

@tomgoodun

I should have 3 "seats in the bank". I didn't know that I could have used them for UKOPs, I can't recall seeing the option given to me. If it was, I would have used my seats then and am sure others would have done the same.
    @destinycod

Bear with me please, I'll be raising it with James on Monday.
  • Options
    destinycoddestinycod Member Posts: 35

Seems churlish to throw in my 2 cents (as I'm very unlikely to play) but that's never stopped me before.

This will be the first ever SPT online, why are you not making more of a thing of this?
    I'd be turning it into a mini festival spanning the weekend, though wouldn't go crazy on the number of comps so as not to dilute it all.

Main £220, 2 day event
    Mini £33-55, 2 day event
    One day high roller
    Opener event Friday evening
    Closer event Sunday evening

Something like above. Could throw in a leaderboard as I know many people like that kinda thing. Players rolled and good enough to play the full weekend can fill their boots, and many other players could also get involved even if the main is too rich for them (will come to that later)

Got potential to attract some 'name' players from other sites for this, who likely wouldn't usually play here, so to have just a single event seems like a missed opportunity.

£220 buy in is really going to make it a closed shop. Which is fine, as I'm sure the powers that be are aware of that. It's one thing deciding to punt a £110 but punting a £220, when the field is mostly gonna be made up of the sites best players, is gonna put almost everyone off I'd have thought. I'm sure there will be sat winners and some randoms as well but the bulk of the field is gonna be made up of the usual suspects and I'm not sure your average player will want to fire off £220 in this economic climate (this is the big difference to live, where players who might not play a £220 are happy to have a bash as it's part of the whole weekend experience, something which can't be replicated online)

I won't get into the actual event detail but the blinds seem ludicrously long and the projected finish time needlessly late.

If it was me making the decisions, and I'm glad it's not, I'd have something like the following....

Friday
    £55 opener event
    £110 Main day 1A

Saturday
    £110 Main day 1B
    £33 mini day 1A
    £220 one day high roller

Sunday
    £110 Main day 2 (start time 4pm)
    £33 mini day 2
    £110 closer event

Monday
    Palace buys a new island with his winnings from the weekend

Really like the idea of a "mini" SPT, played alongside the regular one, maybe with slightly quicker blinds so both reach the FT at a similar time.
    Tikay10 said:

Tikay10 said:

Guys,

@destinycod

@cpfc_2010

@tomgoodun

@destinycod

Bear with me please, I'll be raising it with James on Monday.
    Thanks Tikay.
  • Options
    percival09percival09 Member Posts: 3,804
    cool, i will donate
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,032

Are the Sky team playing? Get some bounties out there. I'm after a new 4k tv if it helps.

Had I known I'd have waited before buying one (on Thurs) :(
  • Options
    loosecamelloosecamel Member Posts: 152
    Will timebanks remain the same for it?
    Also want to express interest in a mini version that plays alongside.
  • Options

Will timebanks remain the same for it?
    Also want to express interest in a mini version that plays alongside.

@loosecamel

Sky Poker don't currently have a time bank, & that will be the case for the Online SPT.