You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Master Plan.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,493

Comments

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited September 2020
  • Options
  • Options
    Great British Bake Off gets political: Matt Lucas impersonates a bumbling Boris Johnson as he urges viewers to 'Stay Alert, Protect Cake, Save Loaves' in show debut

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8761415/Bake-Matt-Lucas-impersonates-bumbling-Boris-Johnson-hilarious-skit-makes-debut.html
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,106
    You've gotta feel a bit sorry for him,there he was he'd finally wangled his way to the top job that he'd craved years for.He set out his plan and was determined to deliver Brexit at any cost,once he'd achieved his goal of leaving the E.U. he could wallow in self-righteousness knowing that his name will forever be remembered as the P.M. who achieved this.Then step down from politics to bumble around for the rest of his life cashing in on his achievements.Then BANG up pops COVID-19 and shatters all his illusions,whose legacy will now be a totally different one to what he was hoping for.I bet now he wished that he'd left Theresa May alone and as the old saying goes 'Be careful what you wish for as it might just come true'.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,171
    lucy4 said:

You've gotta feel a bit sorry for him,there he was he'd finally wangled his way to the top job that he'd craved years for.He set out his plan and was determined to deliver Brexit at any cost,once he'd achieved his goal of leaving the E.U. he could wallow in self-righteousness knowing that his name will forever be remembered as the P.M. who achieved this.Then step down from politics to bumble around for the rest of his life cashing in on his achievements.Then BANG up pops COVID-19 and shatters all his illusions,whose legacy will now be a totally different one to what he was hoping for.I bet now he wished that he'd left Theresa May alone and as the old saying goes 'Be careful what you wish for as it might just come true'.

@lucy4

Terrific post, & so true.

• Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    It’s just another thread by a guy who can’t get over the fact that others in this country voted opposite to himself, in the Referendum and the election.
    So it looks like said fella gets off on trying to ridicule anything or anybody that doesn’t fit his belief,even though said fella gives options on topics he knows F..k all about.
    Tears all the way, a very childish thing to do.
    Cheer up @HAYSIE , I’ll pick your toys up.

• Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    Tikay10 said:

lucy4 said:

@lucy4

Terrific post, & so true.

Apart from the first eight words.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    chilling said:

It’s just another thread by a guy who can’t get over the fact that others in this country voted opposite to himself, in the Referendum and the election.

I appreciate that a small majority voted in favour of leaving the EU, but that doesnt mean it was the right thing to do.
    Time will tell on that.
    We will see how smug Brexit fans are after we actually leave.
    I didnt vote in the General Election.
    We can add that to the things you think you know about, but dont really.

So it looks like said fella gets off on trying to ridicule anything or anybody that doesn’t fit his belief,

The extracts in the above posts all featured in national newspapers.
    I cant therefore claim them to be my beliefs.
    However I did think they were funny, as I am certain many other people did.
    I do think that Boris Johnson is a cartoonists dream.
    His disastrous polling would seem to suggest that this may be the opinion of many other people besides me.

even though said fella gives options on topics he knows F..k all about.

I assume you meant opinions rather than options.
    Heres a little tip for you.
    Most people actually check what they have typed before posting.
    They do this as it avoids silly mistakes.
    My apologies if you meant options.
    I will try it again but you usually run for cover if I ask you a question.

Which are these topics?

Tears all the way, a very childish thing to do.
    Cheer up @HAYSIE , I’ll pick your toys up.

Are you saying that posting the front pages, or articles from national daily newspapers with a view to encouraging debate, is childish?
    The whole point of a forum is to encourage debate.
    If someone posts something you dont agree with, you can post an alternative view.
    To suggest that those that dont agree with you are di cks, is not really the purpose for which it was intended.

• Options
    @HAYSIE , choose something with some truth in, and not just clickbait tosh, then you might get some debate.
    That notion won’t likely fit your agenda though.
  • Options
  • Options
    chilling said:

@HAYSIE , choose something with some truth in, and not just clickbait tosh, then you might get some debate.
    That notion won’t likely fit your agenda though.

What have I posted that is untrue?

Which topics do I know f... all about?
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

I have a less sympathetic view of the man, and cant possibly ever feel sorry for him.
    It is difficult to know how far back to go, in any criticism of him.
    Should you return to the time when he was fired as a journalist for making up quotes?
    Or maybe when Michael Howard fired him for lying?
    His famous racist comments that featured in his articles?
    His well publicised cheating on his wife?
    How can anyone respect a man that refuses to acknowledge how many kids he has.

The likelihood is that he will be judged on his handling of Covid, and Brexit.

One of the things that defines Boris is that he famously wrote two Brexit articles, in support of both sides of the argument.
    Choosing to lead the Leave campaign after deciding that this was likely to advance his own career, rather than basing the decision on the merits of the case.
    I am not going to go into a huge Brexit explanation.
    He lied over the implications of the Withdrawal Agreement which he signed, to the point that he now believes that it is preferable to break International Law, rather than stand by the conditions that he agreed to.
    The Brexiteers exaggerated the importance of a US trade deal after we left the EU, he is now responsible for this deal being further away than ever.
    Who would have thought that British truck drivers would need passports to drive into Kent.
    I still dont think Brexit will turn out well.

I have some sympathy for the Government on Covid, as this was a new experience for all of us.
    However I think they deserve severe criticism for some of their decisions, the u-turns, and false claims they have made.
    Far and away the most disastrous decision was to discharge 25,000 untested patients from hospitals into care homes, resulting in thousands of deaths.
    We were to have a world beating tracing app in June, and here we are nearly into October, and new problems seem to surface on a daily basis.
    He should have disciplined Dominic Cummings for his breach of the lockdown rules, and failing to do this has affected the behaviour of members of the public.
    Testing has been a disaster.
    Messaging like dont wear masks, immediately followed by wear masks, have been confusing, as have the go back to work message followed up with dont go back to work within a matter of days.
    He has presided over the ending of Ministerial Responsibility, they dont resign no matter how badly they have screwed up.
    How could Gavin Williamson survive the exams fiasco?
    His Cabinet seems full of yes men, rather than the most capable politicians.
    All the Tories had to be Pro-Brexit, otherwise they werent allowed to stand at the last election.
    He still has questions to answer regarding funds given to his pole dancing friend.

I have always been proud to be Welsh, and British.
    I never thought I would see a British Prime Minister that was prepared to go back on his word.
    It makes me feel ashamed and embarrassed.

Coronavirus: 38 days when Britain sleepwalked into disaster
    Boris Johnson skipped five Cobra meetings on the virus, calls to order protective gear were ignored and scientists’ warnings fell on deaf ears. Failings in February may have cost thousands of lives

But it took just an hour that January 24 lunchtime to brush aside the coronavirus threat. Matt Hancock, the health secretary, bounced out of Whitehall after chairing the meeting and breezily told reporters the risk to the UK public was “low”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coronavirus-38-days-when-britain-sleepwalked-into-disaster-hq3b9tlgh

Coronavirus: UK lacking leadership, says ex-civil service head

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54273892

Government’s handling of Covid-19 is a very British disaster
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/05/12/governments-handling-covid-19-british-disaster/

The Government is floundering within a disaster of its own making
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2020/09/24/government-floundering-within-disaster-making/
  • Options
    I’ll just pick out one of the above for now.
    With yourself only seemingly following U.K. events, then like the media, your interpretation of what happens in U.K. will be polarised, Or even biased.
    There aren’t that many countries that have large aged care sectors, and even in Italy, a lot of elderly are looked after/ live with their offspring.
    Aged care deaths are likely to make up the majority of deaths in Germany too.
    For the media to say 40K + elderly were thrown to the slaughter, would mean that those journalists would have to know how many elderly had Covid in homes before any patients were released from hospital. And, then have some idea who had or potentially had Covid when leaving the hospitals. Also they would need to know who infected who, visitors, care workers, incoming patients... endless. Then there are elderly in the homes who would have already caught the virus before any patients from hospital had even been released.
    Good luck to the lawyers unraveling that lot.
    Does every movement or action in a care home get logged? I’d doubt that.
    All the aged care sectors got hit , in Europe and the USA.
    To my knowledge,15% of elderly that catch the virus die from it, or through having it.
    Unfounded and lies sell better than the truth. Good clickbait though👍
    VVVV SNAP

• Options
    Regarding the Chancellor, he’s got the toughest job in the U.K. imo.
    We are probably in the top three in the world for support.
    The easy bit has past, the tough lies ahead.
    You carry on ridiculing folks, it’s your nature.
    I’m thinking by one of your past posts about front page news, and debating that, that you’re totally unaware of what click bait is. I’d very much doubt that though.
    More quality regarding threads,not quantity.
    The rail has become something akin to an escalator.
  • Options
    chilling said:

I’m thinking by one of your past posts about front page news, and debating that, that you’re totally unaware of what click bait is. I’d very much doubt that though.

I have said nothing about the Chancellor.
  • Options
    chilling said:

I’ll just pick out one of the above for now.
    With yourself only seemingly following U.K. events, then like the media, your interpretation of what happens in U.K. will be polarised, Or even biased.
    There aren’t that many countries that have large aged care sectors, and even in Italy, a lot of elderly are looked after/ live with their offspring.
    Aged care deaths are likely to make up the majority of deaths in Germany too.
    For the media to say 40K + elderly were thrown to the slaughter, would mean that those journalists would have to know how many elderly had Covid in homes before any patients were released from hospital. And, then have some idea who had or potentiallhad Covid when leaving the hospitals. Also they would need to know who infected who, visitors, care workers, incoming patients... endless. Then there are elderly in the homes who would have already caught the virus before any patients from hospital had even been released.
    Good luck to the lawyers unraveling that lot.
    Does every movement or action in a care home get logged? I’d doubt that.
    All the aged care sectors got hit , in Europe and the USA.
    To my knowledge,15% of elderly that catch the virus die from it, or through having it.
    Unfounded and lies sell better than the truth. Good clickbait though👍
    VVVV SNAP

I made one claim about Care Homes.
    It is a well documented fact that the Government decided to discharge 25,000 patients from hospitals into Care Homes, without testing them for the virus.
    They have been widely criticised for this.
    Had they tested them, and only discharged those with negative tests, they may have saved thousands of lives.

Now just address that point.

• Options
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

I have said nothing about the Chancellor.

What have I posted that is untrue?

Which topics do I know f... all about?

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Up to 25,000 hospital patients sent to care homes untested at peak of outbreak
    A damning report has laid bare the scale of the coronavirus pandemic that hit one in three care homes across the UK, with up to 25,000 patients discharged from them without being tested

The government has been accused of treating care homes as an "afterhought" after a report found up to 25,000 hospital patients were discharged at the peak of the coronavirus outbreak without being tested.

The damning report from the National Audit Office also revealed that the government ignored warnings to stockpile gowns and visors as part of PPE supplies.

Boris Johnson is now facing renewed questions over care homes after the findings of Whitehall's spending watchdog on Friday.

Conservative former health secretary Jeremy Hunt joined Labour MPs in criticising the Government, saying it was "extraordinary that no one appeared to consider the clinical risk to care homes".

Meg Hillier, chairwoman of the Commons public accounts committee, said care homes had been left at the "back of the queue" for both personal protective equipment (PPE) and testing.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/care-homes-were-afterthought-25000-22179366