You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

SKY UKOPS TWITCH STREAMER SCHEDULE

Comments

• giesahaungiesahaun Member Posts: 109
    All of the twitch streamers and most of the Forum posters and twitch viewers are profitable poker players. They also appear to enthusiasts for poker who enjoy very much playing on skypoker. The enthusiasm and enjoyment is precious and I would say is nurtured by winning and can be easily soured by losing. I am a lot more conservative in my gambling/poker than most people so my view will not be typical.

The twitch streamers are great guys and typical of the poker players I have met over the years and I have only the best wishes for them over UKOPS and for their future.
    edited October 2020

@giesahaun is absolutely right. Call it off boys; UKOPS Christmas is cancelled.

Also, UKOPS New Year celebrations is cancelled.

My best New Year celebration was winning a £880 UKIPT Main seat at ten past midnight on New Year's day. The missus was less pleased when I woke her to tell her the good news as she was sound asleep having to work later that day.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    giesahaun said:

The twitch streams are enjoyable but I strongly think doing them during playing UKOPS are a bad idea for many reasons.

You all enjoy doing the streams but they are less profitable if not losing sessions for you all. This has been highlighted by Dues running like God this last week.

You are all good poker players but UKOPS players are more like the players who appear in The Sunday Major and not the recs on other times.

I would sit down and work how much your budget will be for a twitch stream and assume you will lose it all. The costs on a UKOPS night will be a lot more than normal and with longer late reg times, the tournament time of The Sunday Major for instance runs to past 3 in the morning.

Now go to your other half and say you are going to spend that amount so you can do a twitch stream. It is your money but we all have responsibilities.

Both @PKRPar & @Duesenberg have won healthy sums in the Eliminator Freeroll promotion but I would suggest playing these but not streaming.

At the end of the day all the viewers would much prefer you do well financially rather than entertain us with streams. Better sticking to a more comfortable budget on other nights.

UKOPS fields will include all of the good regs but they also attract a lot of recreational players. If the fields were just super hard then loads of players just wouldn't play them. There is however obviously more variance with ukops given the bigger fields.

I know the guys that are streaming and they know that they lose some ev by streaming but they also get lots of donations/subscriptions from people. They also enjoy doing it so they must factor this into their decision.

Tonight you have a £22bh at 7 which has a £4k guarantee. Normally is a £1k guaranteed one at 7.30. Are you suggesting that the field will go up and will be full of top regs and wont be also going up a lot with recreational players wanting to play a ukops event?

Streamers tend to play a max of 4 tables so I don't think the outlay will be significantly different for them to a normal night. They haven't said they will play all events.

If you look at tonight then the £22bh and £22bh mega stack are events they would play anyway. The main is £110 compared to a £22rebuy bh where £62 or £82 would normally be spent. (cant remember the exact rebuy rules waller uses). Mini is £11 compared to a £5r bh which would be £15.50 if just 1 rebuy at the start and add on.

If a streamer is deep in a ukops MTT then it does mean the stream goes on for longer but doesn't mean additional cost as they would just be 1 tabling for a long time rather than firing up more tables. No one is going to complain that the streamer is 1 tabling the main when its 3 tables left.

We do all have to be responsible and if the outlays are bigger than they would like then the streamers may have already thought about this and reduced their personal exposure. None of us know the streamers financial situations and its down to them to do what they feel is appropriate for their situations. No one has forced them to do this.

MattBates said:

giesahaun said:

The twitch streams are enjoyable but I strongly think doing them during playing UKOPS are a bad idea for many reasons.

You all enjoy doing the streams but they are less profitable if not losing sessions for you all. This has been highlighted by Dues running like God this last week.

You are all good poker players but UKOPS players are more like the players who appear in The Sunday Major and not the recs on other times.

I would sit down and work how much your budget will be for a twitch stream and assume you will lose it all. The costs on a UKOPS night will be a lot more than normal and with longer late reg times, the tournament time of The Sunday Major for instance runs to past 3 in the morning.

Now go to your other half and say you are going to spend that amount so you can do a twitch stream. It is your money but we all have responsibilities.

Both @PKRPar & @Duesenberg have won healthy sums in the Eliminator Freeroll promotion but I would suggest playing these but not streaming.

At the end of the day all the viewers would much prefer you do well financially rather than entertain us with streams. Better sticking to a more comfortable budget on other nights.

UKOPS fields will include all of the good regs but they also attract a lot of recreational players. If the fields were just super hard then loads of players just wouldn't play them. There is however obviously more variance with ukops given the bigger fields.

I know the guys that are streaming and they know that they lose some ev by streaming but they also get lots of donations/subscriptions from people. They also enjoy doing it so they must factor this into their decision.

Tonight you have a £22bh at 7 which has a £4k guarantee. Normally is a £1k guaranteed one at 7.30. Are you suggesting that the field will go up and will be full of top regs and wont be also going up a lot with recreational players wanting to play a ukops event?

Streamers tend to play a max of 4 tables so I don't think the outlay will be significantly different for them to a normal night. They haven't said they will play all events.

If you look at tonight then the £22bh and £22bh mega stack are events they would play anyway. The main is £110 compared to a £22rebuy bh where £62 or £82 would normally be spent. (cant remember the exact rebuy rules waller uses). Mini is £11 compared to a £5r bh which would be £15.50 if just 1 rebuy at the start and add on.

If a streamer is deep in a ukops MTT then it does mean the stream goes on for longer but doesn't mean additional cost as they would just be 1 tabling for a long time rather than firing up more tables. No one is going to complain that the streamer is 1 tabling the main when its 3 tables left.

We do all have to be responsible and if the outlays are bigger than they would like then the streamers may have already thought about this and reduced their personal exposure. None of us know the streamers financial situations and its down to them to do what they feel is appropriate for their situations. No one has forced them to do this.

I agree with all you say and in particular with the last paragraph. However, I want the best for the guys and my view and advice remains and acknowledge that it is advice best suited to a conservative player like myself.

I have been fortunate with my poker over the years so I know what helps me to play my best and what hinders that but everybody is different.

I just think that watching the twitch streams since @Duesenberg started in the spring that streaming and playing poker means the streamer does not play their best poker and I would prefer they played at lower stakes when streaming for that reason.
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Thanks for the post @giesahaun. Although some may scoff at what you wrote, I appreciate the well meaning place it comes from, so thank you for that.

Matt has pretty much hit the nail on the head so there is not much I need to add. I can only really speak for myself here, but it is very true that streaming sacrifices a chunk of my expected EV. However, I am fortunate to have been a profitable poker player for some time so I have a well managed healthy bankroll that can cope with the variance of some lower EV sessions.

On the flip side, streaming has been massively +EV from a wider perspective. I'm now much more actively engaged with the poker community which has made poker a far more enjoyable experience overall and, at the end of the day, enjoying my poker is more important to me than maximizing every last bit of EV I can.

Finally, I hope this won't disappoint too many people but I won't be playing everything in the Ukops schedule on the nights I stream - those reg heavy £55's can still sod right off!

Best of luck to you all :)
  • The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 388
    I'll bet you're good fun at parties @giesahaun

Drink responsibly! Make sure you wear a condom! Make sure you pre-book your taxi home!

• MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Sorry, should of said @giesahaun posts come from a good place and it is good for people to post things like this if they have concerns even more so if they think the post may not go down well.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    None of the streamers will be playing mtts that they wouldn't have normally played anyway, unless they have sold action/won tickets etc.

I won't be playing every event either, not playing 55 turbos for example. Whilst streaming I play a max of 4 tables, off stream I play 8+, so whilst I may not always be playing my A game on stream, I'm always having a far cheaper session than I would normally.
  • BlairReidBlairReid Member Posts: 74
    Nice one guys. Best of luck to you all.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    Also fwiw, out of all my streams, all but one have been winning sessions. My last 2 off stream have been losing ones.

You are right though, streaming is not +ev but its not as if your game goes to pieces. @Duesenberg won a main event on stream. I appreciate your concerns, but its all just a bit of fun at the end of the day.

Thanks for the post @giesahaun. Although some may scoff at what you wrote, I appreciate the well meaning place it comes from, so thank you for that.

Matt has pretty much hit the nail on the head so there is not much I need to add. I can only really speak for myself here, but it is very true that streaming sacrifices a chunk of my expected EV. However, I am fortunate to have been a profitable poker player for some time so I have a well managed healthy bankroll that can cope with the variance of some lower EV sessions.

On the flip side, streaming has been massively +EV from a wider perspective. I'm now much more actively engaged with the poker community which has made poker a far more enjoyable experience overall and, at the end of the day, enjoying my poker is more important to me than maximizing every last bit of EV I can.

Finally, I hope this won't disappoint too many people but I won't be playing everything in the Ukops schedule on the nights I stream - those reg heavy £55's can still sod right off!

Best of luck to you all :)

Thanks for your reply @Duesenberg.

I know my views like myself are conservative so it is not important to me how they received necessarily. However, they always do come with well meaning so I can emphasise I do not want to have any negative effect of the streamers efforts rather a positive one.

Watching a stream also has a -ve EV and playing poker at the same time and a +ve EV from a wider perspective not only as you say from being more actively engaged with the poker community but also I have particularly found from a coaching point of view. My blue nit style (I prefer TAG) compares hugely with your VLAG style. I feel my poker has improved a lot since watching from the spring the streams so I look forward to many more of them but also, at the same time, better financial success on them for you and the other streamers.

I appreciate streaming means not maximizing every last bit of EV but nobody wants you to see you play badly or have an expensive night. Rather we want you and the streamers to have an enjoyable and very profitable time.

I am pleased you have a plan for what not to play!

Gies A Haun

The--Don said:

I'll bet you're good fun at parties @giesahaun

Drink responsibly! Make sure you wear a condom! Make sure you pre-book your taxi home!

My glutton free diet means no alcohol or coffee, don't discuss sex, who goes out these days and off to do my yoga.
    MattBates said:

Sorry, should of said @giesahaun posts come from a good place and it is good for people to post things like this if they have concerns even more so if they think the post may not go down well.

thank you @MattBates

All the players aspire to be as good and fortunate player like yourself so it is good to have your views and opinions.
    waller02 said:

None of the streamers will be playing mtts that they wouldn't have normally played anyway, unless they have sold action/won tickets etc.

I won't be playing every event either, not playing 55 turbos for example. Whilst streaming I play a max of 4 tables, off stream I play 8+, so whilst I may not always be playing my A game on stream, I'm always having a far cheaper session than I would normally.

It is good to know. I hope streaming goes well particularly the two nights running.
    waller02 said:

Also fwiw, out of all my streams, all but one have been winning sessions. My last 2 off stream have been losing ones.

You are right though, streaming is not +ev but its not as if your game goes to pieces. @Duesenberg won a main event on stream. I appreciate your concerns, but its all just a bit of fun at the end of the day.

It is fun for us as well to watch the streams but there is the money side as well.

@giesahaun is absolutely right. Call it off boys; UKOPS Christmas is cancelled.

On news in Scotland - UKOPS Halloween is cancelled.
  • fishhhhhfishhhhh Member Posts: 61
    Good job lads, will try and tune in when I can 👍
  • PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Well done to Ryan @waller02 for the first UKOPS stream on the schedule last night. Took some heads along the way including the £110 Bounty Hunter main event; even had an exciting Hyper FT that was fun to watch. Regularly over 50 viewers all night which was also class!

@Super_Oli up tonight for first time in years!! Looking forward to it!
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Was really good fun last night wp Waller
  • aynaricolaynaricol Member Posts: 318
    great stream last night very well done waller - unlucky on the ft!