You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Big Bet.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,924
edited November 2020 in The Rail
Mystery British businessman bets $5million on Donald Trump winning the US presidential election in 'largest political wager ever made'

The financier placed his bet with private bookmaker in Curacao in the Caribbean
The man is a former-banker and is said to have spoke to 'Trump camp insiders'
Experts believe it is the biggest number ever placed on a bet in politics so far
If his expensive hunch is successful he could walk away with almost £11.6million

Betting insiders believe the unnamed former-banker's enormous $5million pledge is the biggest number ever wagered in politics. The financier placed his bet with private bookmaker in Curacao.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8907577/Mystery-British-businessman-bets-5million-Donald-Trump-winning-presidential-election.html

Comments

• tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,590
    What odds did he get? Covid19 to 1.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,924
    Election 2020: Betting markets see Trump losing as battlegrounds shift toward Biden

Predictive markets overwhelmingly favor Democrat Joe Biden to emerge victorious in Tuesday’s general election, even as President Donald Trump narrows the polling gap in key competitive states, with his chances bolstered by diehard investors.

During a volatile race in which oddsmakers have plowed over $1 billion into speculating on the eventual winner of the Oval Office, betting markets continue to give the former vice president the inside track, while Trump’s chances of being reelected appear less probable.

Smarkets investors give Biden a nearly 2-in-3 chance (65%) to be inaugurated, while a Real Clear Politics average shows similar odds, reflecting the former VP’s formidable lead in public opinion polls.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/elections-2020-betting-markets-show-trump-poised-to-lose-as-battlegrounds-shift-to-biden-183159170.html
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    I have half my sports betting roll on Biden. If he doesn't win I'm calling it as rigged.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,333
    Ive stuck 50% of my freebet on Biden winning
    If anyone is going to bet on Biden straight up I'd definitely shop around. He is 1.45 on Betfair Exchange but you can get him at 1.48 on the kambi sites (888, Grosvenor, etc).
    Gamblers abandon Joe Biden overnight and make Donald Trump the odds-on favourite to win US election after he performed better than pollsters predicted in early results

Donald Trump has emerged odds-on favourite to win the US election according to bookmakers, as gamblers abandoned Joe Biden overnight to place a flurry of bets on the President.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,019
    Latest odds this morning,is it time to lump on Biden?

It's a **** of a sweat. It's just swung to almost evens now.
    Right now, on Betfair, Biden is favourite.
    Wisconsin has had over 3 million votes and rn with 97% counted there is only 8000 in it with Biden leading. WE NEED WISCONSIN.
  • LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,211
    lucy4 said:

Latest odds this morning,is it time to lump on Biden?

Did you get on in time?
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,027
    edited November 2020
    @kapowblamz

Can't believe how quickly the market has flipped back on Betfair.

It now has Biden @ 1.78 & Trump @ 2.4.

Extraordinary turnaround. Is that all on the back of Wisconsin? Think Winsconsin is 10 (electoral College) votes?
    Ye it's Winconsin and NV because now we only need one of Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia or North Carolina to swing to Biden. The money is saying that one is likely to swing but my god it's sweaty.
    Farage has apparently had 10k on Trump.
  • dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    I've been checking the odds on individual states.
    Pennsylvania,Georgia, Wisconsin and Michigan for the last hour on skybet.
    And watching BBC and checking a few websites for facts and figures.

Wisconsin and Michigan were both 6/4 for Dems with reports that Biden had a very good chance of victory despite being behind on in person votes.

Got on Michigan at 13/8
    Just missed out on Wisconsin before it was suspended and changed.

Michigan now 4/7😁
    Wisconsin now 2/7😠
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,222
    The bettin is flip flopin every 1/2 hour.
  • tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,590
    HAYSIE said:

Farage has apparently had 10k on Trump.

Probably been paid a lot more than that to back the terwat.
    Now I want Trump to loose even more.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,333
    How many results are we waiting for?

Results as they stand
    Presidency (270 to win)

Trump: 213
    Biden: 239
    Uncalled electoral college votes: 86
    Prices are back to pretty much exactly where they were before the big swing over night. Biden at 1.48 and dropping every minute.