You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£10 to £1k and subsequent 7@7 back to zero. Back to complete this and move on to the next.

Comments

• Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    DYMs couldn’t have gone mush worse with 4 games and 4 losses. At least we had some joy in the stack builder freeroll.
    Don’t know how I am going to get to 500 points this week that may be an ask too far, not chasing it just for the sake of it. We will have to see where that one goes.

JFF sky bet stands at -£15. So £5 free bet time, with another dropping into the account tomorrow.

• Options
    Cash for poker points and a spin up session made the figures look far better than they were. 232 points towards the stack builder freeroll, not sure i will get there in the 3 remaining days.

JFF sky bet shots on target let me down again so we will leave those for not, another £5 free bet for tomorrow. I do like the look of this.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    An 8th place finish in the 7@7 and a 2nd place in plo8 helped for a winning day.
    Back to the summit in the Midweek PLO8 league, hopefully we can hang on for the win.

Just for fun Sky Bet, after 2 losing days with freebets back to real money today, just remember when the fun stops.... STOP
    -£15 overall just in a bid to hopefully claw some back even money tonight.

• Options
    Another day in the bag, another loss on the CV.
    Looks like the Midweek PLO8 Midweek Bounty Hunter league Season 20 is sewn up after another couple of decent results.
    Not sure where we are with PLO8 overall 61 games this year with 1 win, 8 2nd place finishes though.

JFF Sky Bet yesterday even money bet came in after 35minutes so the balance is down to -£10, Like poker taking shots is ok in the long run but the basics are what is required in the longer run, so today an Iran and Saudi Arabia Double. Also i would not usually include Sky Vegas winning but a free 50p bet on todays spin and as its just for fun thrown in as a free extra.

• Options
    Following what could be considered relative success in last weeks Stack Builder 10k Freeroll i knew reaching this weeks would be a little harder due to time restraints and game buy in's. Needing 68 points yesterday i knew i would need the early £5.50 DYMs to be kind to my bankroll, if i had lost 3 on the spin early i would have had to abandon the mission. Fortunately fate was good to me and i managed to turn a small daily profit reaching the 500 point requirement and exceeding it by 1 just in case.

PLO8 Midweek Bounty Hunter league, after 20 Seasons managed to finally win it, for a £33 Main entry. its a great competition, well managed and almost certainly amongst the top 5 of so competitions on the site.

JFF Sky bet yesterdays double came in reducing the overall loss to -£4.77, just a shame i put in on too late to include Japan into my original treble, such is life.
    2 wins in a row has kept the losses down so we can be a little more adventurous, Was going to go for a 1-1 draw but at 5/1 the below seemed like a little better value.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213

"PLO8 Midweek Bounty Hunter league, after 20 Seasons managed to finally win it, for a £33 Main entry. its a great competition, well managed and almost certainly amongst the top 5 of so competitions on the site".

Very good. ;)
  • Options
    Just the one buy in game tonight. Certainly not going for this months promo, you need commitment most days for that.

My recent success in the Midweek PLO8 league may make me the only player to have won the Sky Poker Multi day competitions triple Crown.

JFF Sky bet not fun today -£9.77 after todays bet went down, it seems 5/1 for a 1-1 draw was the better bet after all.

Tomorrow Soccer Saturday price boost looks a decent enough bet a 4/1

• Options
    Ready for the stack builder tonight, probably the only game I will get in today,Couple of £ profit yesterday. Table later.

JFF sky bet £5 today

BTTS, 1+ corners each team in each half and 10+ booking points each team @5/2 Cardiff v forest.

-£14.77 following Fulham’s draw yesterday.
  • Options
    At last we get there, courtesy of the Stack Builders, almost wish i had gone out on a limb to try and make the first two.
    Happy with £400+ profit in the month to be more honest though happy not to feel like i have to do the daily reports, which will promptly stop.
    I do still have an issue with those pesky 7@7's.

Thanks for those who encouraged me to continue with this and not abandon it, i'm sure i would not have made it without your encouragement, also to any lurkers who may have popped in from time to time.

JFF Sky Bet came in, but i must admit i did not see the forest corner in the second half. £12.50 profit bring the losses down to £2.27. For tomorrows free bet, lets go crazy to celebrate success elsewhere, and hope nothing happens in the game.

Portsmouth and charlton Yes / No all No's @40/1

• Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited January 2022
    @coo1-um Many congratulations mate, glad you persevered with this challenge to the end. Great to see your efforts to qualify for the Stack Builder freerolls were rewarded by decent returns, which ultimately helped you to your 1k goal. Wish I had made the effort to get enough points to play them, but I've had a lazy month.

Any plans for another challenge in the future?
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    Lurker here.

Congratulations @coo1-um
    Great achievement
    Perseverance payed off.

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    Well done @coo1-um . Next stop 10K?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213

Great achievement, very well done.
  • Options
    What a difference a year makes.
    coo1-um said:

Todays play, will need the SPT money.

Currently 229/244 one bad play too many.

• Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Well done for completing your challenge :)
  • Options
    With £150 inputted on the 31st January 21 from a free entry into the online SPT results went a little downhill. As this report mid April shows.
    coo1-um said:

• Options
    Fast forward to the end of May when the sherif came.
    coo1-um said:

Looking at a £40 loss on the day until the sheriff turned up, just in the nick of time. 10 tickets added into tomorrows Online SPT draw so that’s 49 out of 70 possible.
    How many players opt in to these things?
    Whats the total number of tickets in the draw?
    With £10,000 of tickets available per draw, whats the relative valve of 1 Entry?
    Who knows, well i guess someone does.

Whatever the outcome its a great promotion for the masses.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    And the online spt arrived again.
    coo1-um said:

Online SPT went ok, bit up and down managed to take 2 bounties, both in the same hand.
    Dealt pocket Aces for the second time (The previous flopped Quads and got little action) UTG min raised, i opted to flat considering their was plenty of 3 betting from the latter positions, Lowest stack went all in, UTG pushed had them both covered so snap called and they held.
    668 points for the week means £6.68 cash bonus, thinking of taking advantage of the double points in June by lowering my play, too much in the last week chasing the points but i guess that paid off somewhat. an effective 25pts for Rewards Freeroll entry will boost the figures back up to over 1000 i would imagine though so less benefit there.

• Options
    Fast forward to the end of the year when quitting the challenge was a serious option.
    coo1-um said:

As we reach December i'm still not sure when this challenge will end,

coo1-um said:

Alas it was not to be, quite a ride though.

Thanks for following.

• Options
    To the current day.

It’s been difficult at times, I think I have another challenge in me. But feel sometimes that I am spamming the forum, but it really dd help me focus.
    73 or so 7&7’s for a £340+ loss last year did not help at all, and certainly prolonged my agony but we got there in the end.

A Challenge should be something that you are not entirely comfortable with, otherwise it’s just playing.

Challenge ideas welcome.