You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£10 to £1k and subsequent 7@7 back to zero. Back to complete this and move on to the next.

Comments

• Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    Well Done @coo1-um and a nice profit for the month to finish the challenge great stuff.
    Would like to see a PL08 challenge next however are you really going to let those 7@7's beat you ;)
  • Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    safc71 said:

Well Done @coo1-um and a nice profit for the month to finish the challenge great stuff.
    Would like to see a PL08 challenge next however are you really going to let those 7@7's beat you ;)

Ok you got me, i'm not going to let those 7@7's beat me.

Plenty of room for another challenge, PLO8 Go on then what the challenge there.

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    It's not just me that just donates in the 7@7 then. Spiteful tournament!
    What sort of PLO8 challenge would be a, well, challenge?
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,162

Lurker here.

Congratulations @coo1-um
    Great achievement
    Perseverance payed off.

+1

WELL DONE Coo1-um mate

WAWAW ...... hopefully 'The Owls' can complete their challenge eventually too :)
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited January 2022
    Enut said:

It's not just me that just donates in the 7@7 then. Spiteful tournament!
    What sort of PLO8 challenge would be a, well, challenge?

I'm another regular donator to the 7 at 7. Think I've made 2 FTs (neither of which were wins) in about 100 attempts, which is rubbish really. Turbo structures definitely don't suit me at all.

@coo1-um , as for the PLO8 challenge, maybe 100 PLO8 MTTs and see how much profit you can make solely from that. Don't know how interesting that would be update-wise though.

You could also do some kind of cash game challenge, but it seems that you don't enjoy cash games as much.
  • Options
    @Asho28 @Enut

If i had to pick just 1 game to play from the whole schedule it would be the 7@7, the problem of the losses stem from the fact that whilst playing it i continue to play 2 other MTT's, Satellites and a couple of PLO8 game, just the 6 table finger clicking i was trying to get away from at the start of the challenge.

PLO8 over 500 games last year with an ROI of 7.89%, again the games hit hardest were the 17:30 and 19:18 Bounty Hunter games Probably for the same reason as above.

Happy to go for a cash game challenge, starting balance £50. One reason i wanted to stay away during the £10 to £1k was the fact that these were less traceable, and just firing profit figures out there without anything to back it up was not what i wanted to do.

As stated i don't believe its a challenge unless you are slightly out of you comfort zone, which is why PLO8 is off my challenge menu.

Overall Balance and game reporting is no longer a requirement for me, and reports may be once a week.

3 Separate challenges to keep me amused and things to switch between.

1. 7@7 Bounty Hunter.. Return to Zero.
    2. Cash Games £50 @Asho28 to provide challenge requirements.
    3. TBC (Need another cash builder but difficult to work around others)
  • Options
    Whilst I am up for a cash game challenge I am unsure of how it will work so looking to set out parameters, this will actually be a true challenge for me.
    Whilst being used to 6 tables and constant action, sitting patiently and waiting is not something that I am comfortable with.
    An hour and a half on one table last night, 133 hands for 16p profit,
  • Options
    coo1-um said:

Whilst I am up for a cash game challenge I am unsure of how it will work so looking to set out parameters, this will actually be a true challenge for me.
    Whilst being used to 6 tables and constant action, sitting patiently and waiting is not something that I am comfortable with.
    An hour and a half on one table last night, 133 hands for 16p profit,

Definitely recommend playing 3 tables of cash to start with whilst you get used to it all - like you say, one tabling will just result in you becoming bored. I've responded to your PM regarding how you could go about the challenge so won't repeat myself in here, but just make sure it's a challenge that you will enjoy and give yourself the best chance of success in.

I managed to lose 3 buy-ins on one table last night, so 16p profit is much better than I achieved!

• Options
    3 Separate challenges to start immediately.

1. 7@7 Bounty Hunter.. Return to Zero. (as posted above, needs to include a full loss last night, played when i can.

2. Cash Games. £0.02/£0.04, 3 Tables, 1 hour sessions, Full buy in, Auto Rebuy. Loss limit set at 20 Buy in's (£80) Challenge Target 10,000 Hands at profit.

3. Points to £'s. Points freerolls only (Not Rewards), Starting at £0 and circa 90,000 points, any profit for DYM play only, starting at £0.28 moving up stakes with with 20 buy in's to next level, back down with less than 15 buy in's a current level.

These are 3 separate things, whilst playing one part all attention will be focused on that element.

Cash games to start Thursday approx 6-7 and 9-10, depending on the 7@7 game
    Points freerolls need to be played aggressively especially early on.
  • Options
    Seems like you have a lot going on with the three different challenges, so I will look forward to the updates.

Best of luck with this mate.
  • Options
    Asho28 said:

Seems like you have a lot going on with the three different challenges, so I will look forward to the updates.

Best of luck with this mate.

3 Challenges but they are all completely different, which means i always have something to concentrate on on hopefully this will stop me donking off money elsewhere.
  • Options
    7@7 back to Zero is going well, so much that i have already had more cashes this year than last in its entirety, including two final tables in the last 4 games.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Cash game challenge couldn't have started any better, and gradually got worse, 2 big losses were both KK v QQ. 1 where i had QQ and pushed into Kings which held and the other where i had KK and called Queens which hit.

Here is my drawing of either a medieval castle or an american skyline.

• Options
    Points to £'s, only DYM winnings or Points freeroll wins count towards the figure.
    After a little omaha FR cash won the first couple if £0.28p turbo's to get started.

Move up / down now set a 5 Buys in to the level above, over £2.75 for a shot at the £0.55p games.

• Options
    Lets have an update.

7@7, another final table helped reduce the total losses.

• Options
    Cash, just about in credit, not sure the hourly rate would pay for much. probably not taking this seriously enough, biggest loss was a total bluff, that could make the difference at the end.
    3 Tabling need to pay more attention in whats going on in the games.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    pts to £'s DYM, a win in the early points FR helped me skip the £0.55 level, early games at the £1.10 level corrected this anomaly now back at the £0.55 level. up at £5.50 down at £2.75.

• Options
    Update... Started playing just this, but over the past few games more games have been incorporated. Unsurprisingly results have suffered, need to go back to single tabling.

• Options
    Trio 2 Cash games, have never been my thing just about keeping my head above water.
    Tonight was the best night of the challenge to date. But could have been better.
    Thoughts on the hand below would be good.

45 mInutes into the 1 hour session. (spoiler below)
    What would you do? what do you put the villain on?

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Now this one is fun, starting with nothing but dust (well points) and no more FR's on the horizon.
    Had a crack a the £2.20 a couple of times.