You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£10 to £1k and subsequent 7@7 back to zero. Back to complete this and move on to the next.

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,632
    meh
    You've lost a tenner had some fun and going through the anguish of a downswing and putting it on here for all to see , we feel your pain we've all been there it's horrible and demoralizing but you know..it'll turn..stick another tenner on and go for another challenge ,start again .reset and see how it goes . gl mate
  • Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    Before i sweep the 1st 3 months under the carpet and forget about them. a few things...
    losses.
    £33 main. not too concerning as i never bought in direct and am in profit in the satellites.
    £7.70 7 at 7. more concerning 15 games and only £11 in cashes lead to a over £100 net loss.
    £5.50 PLO8 23 games and only 1 cash is not good. have better stats on plo8 as below. till end March.

Play PLO8 and want yours let me know.

Moving forward i threw half my bankroll and the £5 token into a Turbo DYM and fortunately the kamikaze club must be on lates tonight as i improved my balance to £10.47.

This means i can fulfil my PLO8 league quota for the week tonight. Not sure if i have mentioned the Midweek PLO8 league ever before, but you should really hunt it down and give it a go. additional prizes are available and only 4 people actually know what they are doing.

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    'This means i can fulfil my PLO8 league quota for the week tonight. Not sure if i have mentioned the Midweek PLO8 league ever before, but you should really hunt it down and give it a go. additional prizes are available and only 4 people actually know what they are doing.'

As many as 4?

Enjoyed the write ups @coo1-um, well I use the term enjoyed loosely as I certainly didn't gain any pleasure from your downturn. As @stokefc said, reload and have another go, it's a **** of a lot of fun for £10.
  • Options
    Anyone who thought the challenge is over its will only be over when complete, unless sky think i'm using too much space on their server.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I was surprised last night when a winning player on here with whom I cannot recall having any previous correspondence with offered to back me, now whilst a deal was not discussed ( Could have been 5 nightly micro buy ins) and i considered that technically as i would not be depositing it could still form part of the challenge i thanked them for their offer but politely declined. This did give me an added mental boost though. so i would like to thank them and all the other contributors to this thread for their support.

• Options
    following my first game since the rewards freeroll on Friday my opinion of the points freerolls whilst mellowed a little have not really changed.
    11 Rebuys and 2 add ons. come on seriously.
    not on my radar to play any more of these at the moment.

DYM Streak week has either come 5 weeks to early or 5 weeks too late.

Will be having a shot at it though.

• Options
  • Options
    JACKDAWJACKDAW Member Posts: 934
    Keep it up buddy, looks like the br downturn has got you more focused now. gl on tables
  • Options
    Prior to this week with over 500 DYM this year and almost half being £5.50’s I was showing a loss of £3.17. Given that most of them were 4-6 tabling and various game types simultaneously this less than 1 buy in loss didn’t concern me much.

Only had time for one £1.10 turbo DYM today. No freerolls either. Anyway a win added 90p to the total but crucially took the streak to 7 which potentially could scrape onto the leaderboard at the end of the week. May dare to enter the dizzy heights of £2.20 turbo dum tomorrow.
  • Options
  • Options
    Bad DYM investments saw 4 games over the first 3 league levels showing a loss of £7.70 leaving the balance at £2.67.
    In the plo8 by later.
    Sure something Good will happen eventually. If not back on the points free rolls.
    At least I just about crawled over the 50 point barrier.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Updated to show correct game.

• Options
  • Options
    18 points required today, will step back in levels if i know the 100 points can be achieved.

• Options
  • Options
    With 3 x £1.10 turbo dym losses in the bank. We sit nervously waiting for confirmation of the final streak week leaderboard positions.
    Is it going to be a night of low stakes tournaments with a celebratory £5.50 thrown in Or a plo points free roll.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    The leagues haven't been updated yet but i received £26.25 just before late reg ended in the plo freeroll so i didn't need to join that.

Whats the changes i have less than a fiver left in 4 hours time. Pretty high i would think. Then back to the drawing board.

You got to be in it to win it!!!!
  • Options
    Be careful what you wish for!

Is it Skill? is it Luck? or is it Mind over Matter? If you have failure pre-built into your mindset inevitability failure is what you will receive.

For me the last week or do is typical of my play, this challenge was supposed to help me focus but i have quite clearly failed on this so far.

So whats my mindset,
    1. Low Funds - Grind it up
    2. Few quid - Play as many games as i can, if i lose a flip just register for another game.
    3. If i get lucky - withdraw some, then revert to 1 and 2
    I would imagine that this is similar for a lot of players.

One thing i'm sure of is that i know where i am with my game and i'm happy with that. Que sera sera.
    not sure i have ever really played to win. Sounds strange i know.

Where do i go now? I really don't know. I have no intention of depositing nor quitting so i am stuck in some sort of nothingness whilst i figure this out.

I am always known that good bankroll management is the key to success in this game but its something i rarely practice unless i get down to the bones then somehow it sees me through.
    So i guess if this thing ever has a chance to get of the ground then i need to follow that in some way.

So in simple terms
    • less than £5 28p Turbo only.
    • £5 - £10 Max £1.10 Buy in
    • £10 - £20 Max £2 Buy in
    • Over £20 Max 10% of bankroll
    Lets see where this takes us.

At least i can start on a £1.10.

Oh and recent play below.

• Options