You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

IN SEARCH OF BLISCIPLINE - Feb cash diary

SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
Yep, another diary. This could well be my fourth. Fifth? It's certainly some number of diary.

Anyway, thought I'd give another one a go for this month because (a) diaries appear to be petering out on the forum (b) it helps with focus and other things and gets me writing daily but most importantly (c) I'm actually planning on doing some actual ACTUAL BRM for the month. For far too long now I have just deposited, played, withdrawn and so on and played 30/50nl with, like, four buy-ins. This BRM aggression will not stand.

So, mid last week I withdrew down to 15 buy-ins for 10nl and absolutely would not play 20nl until I had 15 buy-ins for 20nl. Thankfully I managed to get in one or two spots and spin it up and now I can comfortably - or, 'comfortably' - play 20nl.

I plan to stick to this semi-strict 15 buy-ins per level until I get to 50nl then it might be 25 buy-ins because people might not stand for my nonsense up there.

Planning on updating daily until the end of the month. In fact, if I don't update every day (starting tomorrow) including AT LEAST ONE interesting spot/hand to post then I'll donate £20 to the charity of choice to the first person who posts in this thread who says something like, "Hold on, you didn't post AT LEAST ONE interesting spot/hand yesterday."

Peace out.

Starting roll: £150
Roll: £550

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,160
    edited February 2021

I'm actually planning on doing some actual ACTUAL BRM

• Options
    Would highly recommend starting a diary for anyone, like me, needing help with discipline, focus and BRM. Within an hour of starting this yesterday I had dropped five or so buy-ins at 20nl. Then I dropped a couple more. So I decided to really work on discipline, focus and BRM and lost some more buy-ins. Within a few hours I had sliced my roll in half. Diaries are awesome.

On a more upbeat note, I did manage to scoop up a load of points and I can't play as poorly as I did last night. OR CAN I? I probably can, actually. And I can probably run worse.

Will aim to post one or two spots and some absolute howlers a bit later.

Roll: £287
  • Options
    loosecamelloosecamel Member Posts: 152
    GLGL will defo follow this one. Can't wait to see you YOLOing 30/50nl soon :wink:
  • Options
    IVIysticalIVIystical Member Posts: 101
    Definitely following this - sounds fun!
  • Options

GLGL will defo follow this one. Can't wait to see you YOLOing 30/50nl soon :wink:

Me neither. Hope Sky still exists in 2031. Thanks for keeping an eye on me.
  • Options

Definitely following this - sounds fun!

It is ABSOLUTELY LOADS of fun.
  • Options
    With nothing better to do, I thought I'd drop another 7 buy-ins this morning. Going well this diary, isn't it? What I'm most delighted about is that I have to update every day - and post an interesting spot - otherwise it will cost me £20 per day. So there's that. Although I could delete it. If there is no thread then people can't post on it saying "You didn't post". That's physics for you.

Interesting hand below. I felt I was good. It turns out I was good. Then I was not good.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    XXSmall blind£0.05£0.05£4.69
    SR23Big blind£0.10£0.15£13.02
    tommo452Big blind£0.10£0.25£9.90
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q
    Pvf1Fold
    tommo452Check
    Jamieb23Raise£0.45£0.70£30.24
    XXCall£0.40£1.10£4.29
    SR23Raise£1.80£2.90£11.22
    tommo452Fold
    Jamieb23Fold
    XXCall£1.45£4.35£2.84
    Flop
    • K
    XXBet£0.10£4.45£2.74
    SR23Raise£2.38£6.83£8.84
    XXCall£2.28£9.11£0.46
    Turn
    XXBet£0.10£9.21£0.36
    SR23Raise£4.76£13.97£4.08
    XXAll-in£0.36£14.33£0.00
    SR23Unmatched bet£4.30£10.03£8.38
    XXShow
    • A
    SR23Show
    • A
    • Q
    River
    • J
    XXWinPair of 5s£9.27£9.27
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523

I was away when they did that math lesson at my school......but have you not nearly doubled your roll already at this point?

Yours,

Intrigued/Subscribed/Following with interest/etc etc etc
  • Options
    MAXALLY said:

I was away when they did that math lesson at my school......but have you not nearly doubled your roll already at this point?

Yours,

In a sense, I suppose (although I've managed to lop some of since then) but this BRM challenge wasn't going to be public, more of a personal thing. In the OP I wrote:

So, mid last week I withdrew down to 15 buy-ins for 10nl and absolutely would not play 20nl until I had 15 buy-ins for 20nl. Thankfully I managed to get in one or two spots and spin it up and now I can comfortably - or, 'comfortably' - play 20nl.

Now, I suspect it looks a grandstanding to start a thread after nearly quadrupling your BR in less than a week but I genuinely wanted to keep disciplined and focused and I'm (also genuinely) nearly back to last week's starting roll so it's all good. And by 'it's all good' I mean it's all bad. Thanks for popping in dude.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    SR23 said:

MAXALLY said:

Yours,

In a sense, I suppose (although I've managed to lop some of since then) but this BRM challenge wasn't going to be public, more of a personal thing. In the OP I wrote:

Now, I suspect it looks a grandstanding to start a thread after nearly quadrupling your BR in less than a week but I genuinely wanted to keep disciplined and focused and I'm (also genuinely) nearly back to last week's starting roll so it's all good. And by 'it's all good' I mean it's all bad. Thanks for popping in dude.
    Cheers for the confirmation. I genuinely wish you all the best on the challenge.

In my little book of Sky Poker rules (which I purchased for 5p from a flea market in Skipton), it says....

Rule
    16c) Rag ace will always get there on the turn or river.
  • Options
    ^ thanks very much, appreciate it. There's no fun in getting off to a flyer. That's how I'm consoling myself, at least.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,156
    SR23 said:

^ thanks very much, appreciate it. There's no fun in getting off to a flyer. That's how I'm consoling myself, at least.

That's what I say each time I reload. Oh and for all you successful players out there reload is defined as "The continual donation of funds to those whose skill levels deem them worthy of such riches".

Good luck with your endeavors. Should be a cracking / interesting read.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Great to see you back posting, always a pleasure to read.

Best of luck on the tables.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    MAXALLY said:

SR23 said:

MAXALLY said:

Yours,

Cheers for the confirmation. I genuinely wish you all the best on the challenge.

In my little book of Sky Poker rules (which I purchased for 5p from a flea market in Skipton), it says....

Rule
    What's rule 16b out of interest?
    You must moan like a little **** in the chatbox at 'lol Sky rivers'?

Good luck SR, always a funky read.
    Don't forget about rule 16b though, if you want to get anywhere.
  • Options

SR23 said:

That's what I say each time I reload. Oh and for all you successful players out there reload is defined as "The continual donation of funds to those whose skill levels deem them worthy of such riches".

Good luck with your endeavors. Should be a cracking / interesting read.
    It SHOULD be but let's see. Things are certainly interesting at the moment. Bad-interesting not good-interesting but still, you can't have it all. Thanks for the support.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Great to see you back posting, always a pleasure to read.

Best of luck on the tables.

Lovely stuff, always a pleasure to have you here. Well, you and Kit Carson.
  • Options

MAXALLY said:

SR23 said:

MAXALLY said:

Yours,

Rule
    What's rule 16b out of interest?
    You must moan like a little **** in the chatbox at 'lol Sky rivers'?

Good luck SR, always a funky read.
    Don't forget about rule 16b though, if you want to get anywhere.
    Oh, it's going to be funky alright. Funky is my middle name. Thanks for the good luck.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,724
    Hi Steve
    As a wise man once said, it’s Super Smashing Great to see you posting.
    Best of luck with the pokers, and hope you are keeping well in these interesting times.
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Hi Steve
    As a wise man once said, it’s Super Smashing Great to see you posting.
    Best of luck with the pokers, and hope you are keeping well in these interesting times.

The WISEST of wise men, Tom, bar you ofc. Super smashing great to have you here Tom as always. Life update? Hope it's all going swimmingly (or I'd take semi-swimmingly) for you right now.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Bankroll continues to get knocked around. Both by me and, you know, them. You know who they are. I've been on perma-tilt since starting this diary but managed to extract a bit of calm from somewhere yesterday and did some cool stuff. Remember: the most important thing in life is doing cool stuff.

Think the below hand qualifies as an interesting spot. And cool stuff. I make an extremely rare 3b with a pocket pair versus a reg, then c-bet thinking I could fold out worse pocket pairs on a lot of turns. PLus, of course, I absolutely have TT/JJ/QQ/KK/AA. On the turn I could still have those and could totally have AK, as played. I don't, I have 22 as played, but I totally could have AK. On the river I perhaps don't have an absolute ton of showdown value & I could still definitely have A, plus a BDFD makes up quite a sizeable part of my range. So I went for it.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    poooopSmall blind£0.05£0.05£8.22
    DeucesLiveBig blind£0.10£0.15£10.67
    Your hole cards
    gragunFold
    REGRaise£0.30£0.45£13.63
    WUBBZY1401Fold
    SR23Raise£1.05£1.50£15.14
    poooopFold
    DeucesLiveFold
    REGCall£0.75£2.25£12.88
    Flop