You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Total Player, How Was It For You?

Comments

• Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited March 2010
    Shall we all hug and make up?
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Total Player, How Was It For You?:
    Shall we all hug and make up?
    Posted by Machka
     1 big irish st. patricks day green hug from me lol 
  • Options
    DeuceAK_47DeuceAK_47 Member Posts: 381
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Total Player, How Was It For You? : Let's not forget that EVERYONE involved in Total Player knew FROM THE VERY START that this would ultimately come down to a popularity contest, and who could garner the most votes - NOT about poker. If I am 100% honest I tried to ignore that fact. How hard was it NOT putting Charles FlashFlush through? VERY hard because I knew how popular he was. How hard was it picking David over Naomi? SUPER HARD because (and I don't think David will mind me saying this) as far as I am aware, if I wanted to win a popularity contest I'd probably do better with Naomi flying my flag than David. HOWEVER, I tried to be fair and ALWAYS pick the players I thought were best. Had I just focused on the popularty contest element of the competition I would have simply ignored the poker and just seen who had the most friends on FB and had posted the most on the forum. I decided I would simply concern myself with trying to make sure the player I thought was the best ended up as my final nomination. I'm not stupid, but I wasn't prepared to put a player through just because I felt he or she could do better when it came to soliciting their friends and family to sign up for a Sky Poker account and vote vote vote. Frankly I see Dan's ammased FB crew as totally legit. It's a popularity contest now, and ALL about numbers. If I thought it would have any impact I'd get my mum and sister to sign up for Sky and vote (don't worry - I haven't done!) ^__^ People have mentioned the X-Factor time and time again, and for good reason. Singer Lucy got picked by the mentors for her talent, and the public voted her out and 'Jedwood' in. Were they the better singers? Of course not, but if you are going to enter a competition that is initially about talent and then later a popularity contest, you CAN'T expect the best people to win. Simple as that. For me I've enjoyed this competition simply because it's been a joy to actually know something about the players rather just watching some random cards floating in the air in the studio. To have met, talked with, and sat alongside some of these exceptional players has also been a pleasure. Do I think the BEST POKER PLAYER will win? I honestly don't know. Obviously we know that the most popular person will win, and we can only hope that they wear the TP crown for the right reasons.  Enjoy voting, and whoever you vote for, thanks for playing along! Happy hunting Matt
    Posted by MBroughton

+1 Good post, im still suprised you went for sparce over sharksbite even though i think it was the correct descision.

Pros often say that the skill level of a average player at nl10 cash games compare to 200 pound tournys online, As SPARCE can beat nl200 online i think he is the best player left in the comp by far but as the final is a popularity contest i think he has little chance of winning.

Improvement for another year

Prizes for 1st,2nd and 3rd eg 1st vegas, 2nd 1000 tourny and 500 pound tourny

To find the winner they play 10 deepstack sngs three handed in a league format.

• Options
    essexpokeressexpoker Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2010
    wow.... bennydip2 you sound like a school kid... You should start collecting trains or coins or something to pass your day..
  • Options
    TP_SparceTP_Sparce Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2010
    Improvement for another year Prizes for 1st,2nd and 3rd eg 1st vegas, 2nd 1000 tourny and 500 pound  
    Posted by DeuceAK-47

I think thats a great idea. 1st prize main event, perhaps 2 and 3 smaller side events (in vegas cough).  

• Options
    -TARAS--TARAS- Member Posts: 394
    edited March 2010

Wow great thread Aces, bet you didn't expect some of the verbals lol. Although tbf a bit of controversy kicked off from day 1 and apparently has been simmering since for some.
     I personally think the whole TP has been brilliant and have enjoyed everything about it. Sure, we're gonna have diverse opinions on how to improve it, but i dont feel it's been grossly unfair to anyone.My own personal favs were Phil and Dohhhh but they gracefully accepted their fate. It has been suggested that we now move on and support the remaining three which i totally agree with.So very best wishes to the remaining three, you're all an absolute credit to sky and whoever goes through will do us proud.

Big thumbs up to sky, well played guys.
       PS great posts from Matt and Sparce
  • Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited March 2010
    Lol riot on the forum! 

Being a "retired" ;-) Total Player. I feel now I can now mention I had always said that I didn't think the best player would win the competition straight away from day 1. 

But I think Total Player was a great idea and gives some one a brilliant opportunity to play in the WSOP Main event and go to Las Vegas. I think its a bit of a shame all 3 have already been to the WSOP and played but I think maybe some haven't played the main event? This makes peoples votes even harder. 

But all I'm hearing on this thread is stuff about Dantb10 and Sparce, not once have I seen Nutter mentioned and neither has he had a Facebook group set up to help him with his chance of winning. Personally I think Ben is limiting his chances of winning by not having one of these groups that Dan and David have, which is a shame for him but it may turn out to make this a 2 horse race instead of a 3 horse race that it should be.

I think when Sparce said I've been playing 'real' tournaments on another site... it did across as a little bit of an arrogant comment. 
    But I believe that some of the Sky tournaments do not suit a player who wants to have a bit more play, stacks can be shallow and the clock is very fast so I can see where he's coming from.

The way Total players been carried out I made my final voting decision on these factors - 

Who did I think deserved to win the most? 

Who did I think would do the best in the WSOP main event? 

And Who does this mean the most too?

With those 3 questions I worked out the answers and who I wanted to vote for.

GL to all 3 looking forward to seeing who wins!

lJAMESl

• Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited March 2010
    I've heard Sparce is a realist?
  • Options
    MBroughtonMBroughton Member Posts: 101
    edited March 2010
    I've heard Sparce is a realist?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Yes. I believe he likes to keep it that way.

^__^
  • Options
    N1CKN1CK Member Posts: 1,453
    edited March 2010
    i think this facebook thing is a total fiasco, yes if i was in the final 3 i would of gone down the same avenue of setting one of these vote rigging groups up as there was nothing in the rules against it, and YES it is vote rigging

im not 100% sure what skys motives were to make the final decision come down to a sky community vote but i feel this has backfired and has made a mockery of the whole total player compertition

im sure sky has it in the terms and conditions that they can change or ammend the rules at any time as this is usually the case, so i would hope that they can make an amendment that no votes will be valid by anyone who joined sky poker after a certain date.

good luck to everyone involved and i hope the best player wins xxx
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited March 2010
    i think this facebook thing is a total fiasco, yes if i was in the final 3 i would of gone down the same avenue of setting one of these vote rigging groups up as there was nothing in the rules YES it is vote riggingim not 100% sure what skys motives were to make the final decision come down to a s against it, andky community vote but i feel this has backfired and has made a mockery of the whole total player compertition im sure sky has it in the terms and conditions that they can change or ammend the rules at any time as this is usually the case, so i would hope that they can make an amendment that no votes will be valid by anyone who joined sky poker after a certain date. good luck to everyone involved and i hope the best player wins xxx
    Posted by N1CK
    NO.....No it is not lol

Vote rigging would be manipulating the actual result to generate the required or requested. These players are simply asking people to vote. Not the same thing..... not by a long chalk

At worst this introduces new people to Sky, at best it introduces A LOT of people to sky :)

The ones who are already members are simply being prompted to vote. It's called campaigning
  • Options
    EyemanEyeman Member Posts: 1,039
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Total Player, How Was It For You? : The Mentors get a "free trip" to Vegas with "their" player? News to me. Where did you read that? Disagreeing with each other is not a problem, it's perfectly normal. But I have not ridiculed you, as you stated, I have simply stated my views - always politely - when I consider you have not spoken accurately, or have misunderstood or mis-stated certain things. This is nothing to do with your dislike of TP, or it's running, those are views which you are wholly entitled to. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay - shame on you. Moderators - ban the man!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Total Player, How Was It For You? : NO.....No it is not lol Vote rigging would be manipulating the actual result to generate the required or requested. These players are simply asking people to vote. Not the same thing..... not by a long chalk At worst this introduces new people to Sky, at best it introduces A LOT of people to sky :) The ones who are already members are simply being promoted to vote. It's called campaigning
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    it introduces people to join sky, vote for somthing they know nothing about and to never return again, im sorry but i was under the ilusion that the whole idea of total player was to find the best player? if you read my entire post you will understand were im coming from insted of remarking just on two words from my post
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Total Player, How Was It For You? : it introduces people to join sky, vote for somthing they know nothing about and to never return again, im sorry but i was under the ilusion that the whole idea of total player was to find the best player? if you read my entire post you will understand were im coming from insted of remarking just on two words from my post
    Posted by N1CK
    I had no grievance with your entire post, just the inflammatory remarks you make that are unfounded and incorrect
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i have come up with the perfect TOTAL PLAYER concept for next year!!!!!

the great news guys is that everybody is in the final!

what? your not that great at poker? forget the poker son its got nothing to do with it, all you gotta do is everyone joins FB or watwever you want and whoever gets the most people to join sky poker by voting for them is on their way to sunny Vegas. simple.!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i have come up with the perfect TOTAL PLAYER concept for next year!!!!! the great news guys is that everybody is in the final! what? your not that great at poker? forget the poker son its got nothing to do with it, all you gotta do is everyone joins FB or watwever you want and whoever gets the most people to join sky poker by voting for them is on their way to sunny Vegas. simple.!!!!
    Posted by N1CK
    You told me to read your postin full, did you read mine? when i started the thread i included the fact that i don't like the vote system. The only reason i commented on your post is that you inacuratly portrayed the TP'ers as VOTE RIGGERS. I agree with you on the final 3 vote, i think the final 6 should have made it to the end and they played for 1st 2nd & 3rd prizes but this is what we have. Ihop they change it for the mext time but as it stands there is nothing wrong with what each tp player has done to gain votes - I am now bored with my own thread so i'll close my contribution off as this

GL to all 3, there's not a one of you that doesn't deserve it - i've cast my vote and wish you all the best
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Total Player, How Was It For You? : You told me to read your postin full, did you read mine? when i started the thread i included the fact that i don't like the vote system. The only reason i commented on your post is that you inacuratly portrayed the TP'ers as VOTE RIGGERS. I agree with you on the final 3 vote, i think the final 6 should have made it to the end and they played for 1st 2nd & 3rd prizes but this is what we have. Ihop they change it for the mext time but as it stands there is nothing wrong with what each tp player has done to gain votes - I am now bored with my own thread so i'll close my contribution off as this GL to all 3, there's not a one of you that doesn't deserve it - i've cast my vote and wish you all the best
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    im not saying any TPer has done anything wrong as i stated i would have done exactly the same thing, the point im trying to make the point you fail to grasp is what a mockery this whole affair has ended up turning in to, whos going to explain to acesbarry that his vote amounts to nothing as god knows how many other people who have never played poker have joined the site with the only intention of making a vote for a guy they have never even heard off
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    19. The winner will be selected following an online vote where each Sky Poker player will be eligible to cast one vote.

this is from the sky total player T.Cs  does a SKY POKER PLAYER mean anybody who joins sky poker just with the sole intention of making a vote or does it mean what it says?
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited March 2010
    wow.... bennydip2 you sound like a school kid... You should start collecting trains or coins or something to pass your day..
    Posted by essexpoker

lol  Maybe your right ..  But at the moment  i'm at  The Cheltenham Festival , counting my winnings from Sanctuaire  (7/1 taked) and Big Zeb 10/1)  .. alarge  malt  in one hand ..
    wondering what  your last 25 posts on this forum were to be so constuctive ....   

I know my posts  in the x files have made  some people here  a nice few quid, my phone has  been buzzing all afternoon   . so you could be right,    I have been collecting coins ..lots of them .. Have a nice  day !! .....    

Waiter   more drinks  over  here !

• Options
    DAVID_TDAVID_T Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2010
    I have absolutely loved it! Are their kinks to iron out? Yeah, of course....but considering this was the first time Sky Poker has done it, I was very impressed. I'm looking forward to being a part of Sky Poker for a long time....

As for the three remaining players - Good luck to you all. Despite who wins, all three of you have a great future in Poker!