You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

trading standards

The site is getting worse and worse.
Sit and go lobbies broken, tables dont open,the download shuts done out of nowhere.Can cost a lot when 15+ tables.
The mtts broken. when we get moved table it dosnt move us or let us launch the new table.
Your charging 10% rake double most other sites for a broken game. turbo dyms can last a few minutes is why every other site charges 5% or less

Comments

• stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    Why do you play here , there's loads of sites you can use , i can never understand why people moan about the site yet still play here , there's no logic
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,073
    rareace said:

The site is getting worse and worse.
    Sit and go lobbies broken, tables dont open,the download shuts done out of nowhere.Can cost a lot when 15+ tables.
    The mtts broken. when we get moved table it dosnt move us or let us launch the new table.
    Your charging 10% rake double most other sites for a broken game. turbo dyms can last a few minutes is why every other site charges 5% or less

You have a choice to play here or not. If you are unhappy by all means raise your concerns but understand that nobody forces anybody to play on Sky Poker or any other site. Ultimately you have the option to take your money and business elsewhere.

So either accept this quirky site with all its faults and revel in the community or pick up your chips and leave. Either way good luck.
  • reelerreeler Member Posts: 416
    have you tried contacting customer care. some guys on here will just be rude and tell u to leave if yer not happy. am sure sky want to be made aware of the issues so they can fix them .
    im sure sky dont want u to leave to go to another site
  • thefallthefall Member Posts: 1,963
    Don't leave Mister Ace!

Your one of the good guys and entitled to your opinion.

Hope you get your issues sorted ( we have all had them ) and your back soon.

Best Wishes

• HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,139
    you're - short for 'you are'
    your - belonging to, associated with
    Yes absolutely thanxing u
    Site unavailable
  • lekskilekski Member Posts: 22
    The rake at turbo DYM's(which should rightfully by referred to as hyper turbos) is unbeatable.
    It amazes me that Sky charge the same, as for regular speed.
    Any savvy ICM/EV calculators won't go near them. Which means a large portion of their potential customer base will never play here.
    Fees not reducing, as stakes increase, will also be a part of the reason as to why there is very little action over £5.00.
    It's baffling, even a little maddening, that this isn't obvious to those who make these decisions.
    As every other site, I know of, operates on this logic.
    If Turbo DYM's had a 4-5% rake, I would start hitting 20-30 per hour.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    lekski said:

The rake at turbo DYM's(which should rightfully by referred to as hyper turbos) is unbeatable.
    It amazes me that Sky charge the same, as for regular speed.
    Any savvy ICM/EV calculators won't go near them. Which means a large portion of their potential customer base will never play here.
    Fees not reducing, as stakes increase, will also be a part of the reason as to why there is very little action over £5.00.
    It's baffling, even a little maddening, that this isn't obvious to those who make these decisions.
    As every other site, I know of, operates on this logic.

I thought £11 was the most popular stake for TDYMs
    The ten per cent rake at DYM is a bit baffling.

Surely traffic and Sky profits would increase if the rake was lower.

I remember paying ten percent in shops and on course knowing that it's impossible to win long term.

The scrapping of same has revolutionised gambling Sky is a great site and I'm sure would make greater profits with a smaller rake. They could advertise and attract players from other sites. Perhaps they are just happy plodding along in a shrinking market.
    stokefc said:

Why do you play here , there's loads of sites you can use , i can never understand why people moan about the site yet still play here , there's no logic

The reason people play here is it's the least reg infested site with the highest expected ROI.
  • TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    I love this post... the forum gang have been well and truly told where to go with their predictively yawn play somewhere else, spellcheck BS!! At last some new blood standing up to the twatmeisters!
    TheWaddy said:

I love this post... the forum gang have been well and truly told where to go with their predictively yawn play somewhere else, spellcheck BS!! At last some new blood standing up to the twatmeisters!

And old blood spouting their hackneyed hyperbole. Oh and as usual you sally forth with your insulting diatribe, refering to people on here as tw4ts.

Yet when you feel you've been insulted you scurry off crying like a little girl. The Old English definition of a cnut is an empty vessel, I think that Waddy might also be another.

Now go and cry to teacher.
    nobody crying here, just like to point out the crazy gangs incredible ability to contradict themselves and alienate anybody new who posts.

I have not used a capital on my opening line, just to delight the sad party.

Another cracking post from the christian too, who people have actually said im disgusting for having a go 'at your faith'.

When you dedicate your life to christianity, you are aware that it comes with acting in a certain manner and certain christian traits? It amuses me how you think that you are some kind of modern day breed, where you can basically do/say what you want but will still be welcomed through the pearly gates without question.

It does not work like that my friend, you either dedicate yourself to God or you dont.....

Constantly calling people cnuts on a gambling site forum is not going to cut it, so lets face fact.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    @TheWaddy said

When you dedicate your life to christianity, you are aware that it comes with acting in a certain manner and certain christian traits?

It does not work like that my friend, you either dedicate yourself to God or you dont.....

Nice to see you trying to fit in more and giving our inhouse christian a few pointers on where you think he is falling short, im sure he appreciates it.

But remember.

James 3:1 says, “Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.”

I dont profess to be a practising christian, so this falls flat on its face.

Im not sure he would appreciate it either.... He would probably call me a cnut, get verbally aggressive, reach for a bottle and carry on gambling... Father Jack outta Father Ted was clearly based on a similar character!

Oh and 'crying like a little girl'..... Lets add some lack of modern day PC to his repertoire... Praise the lord!
  • CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Do you have any beliefs of your own we can scrutinise or is that too direct and blunt a question for you TheWaddy?
    edited May 2022
    TheWaddy said:

I dont profess to be a practising christian, so this falls flat on its face.

Im not sure he would appreciate it either.... He would probably call me a cnut, get verbally aggressive, reach for a bottle and carry on gambling... Father Jack outta Father Ted was clearly based on a similar character!

Oh and 'crying like a little girl'..... Lets add some lack of modern day PC to his repertoire... Praise the lord!

@TheWaddy Actually as usual you focus on the little thing and miss the big point. The aim of the post was not to call you a cnut but to call you an empty vessel.

Also you still seem attached to some bygone concepts of how Christians should behave despite repeated attempts at enlightenment you seem to think that we should all behave exactly how God instructs.

Well consider this then. If that was the case then your precious PC would not be adhered to would it. The Bible (Gods breathed word) tells us that idolaters, homosexuals, adulterers and blasphemers are all abominations and unholy.

These are among some of the people that we reach out to, embrace and welcome and we do it with Gods love, his grace and his mercy. Or maybe you think we should be stoning and imprisoning them.

So if I can do that as a Christian in defiance of Old Testament teachings, I'm confident that telling you to STFU, calling you a cnut or pointing out that you are a hypocritical mard 4rse does not condemn me in Gods eyes.

You are so typical of those who feel threatened by Christianity, you want us all to be sandal wearing, meek, mild non confrontational people you can just pigeonhole.

However, read your New testament and see that Yes whilst Jesus was a man of peace and love he was also loud, brash, controversial and confrontational.

Christianity is NOT all Songs of Praise and coffee mornings, REAL Christianity is about social justice, the homeless, the hungry, the addicted, the troubled and the damned. It's about getting into places where the 5hit and the filth and the scum is real and trying to make a difference by God through God and with God, with people who are abandoned, crushed and desperate.

So Yeah I call it how I see it and your idea of perfect Christianity isn't going to cut it in the real 5hitholes where we try to make that difference.

My sins are cleared, my debt is paid, thank you Jesus.
    If you dont agree with the bible, maybe this christianity malarky is not for you? Girls! Drink! Girls!
    Cammykaze said:

Do you have any beliefs of your own we can scrutinise or is that too direct and blunt a question for you TheWaddy?

I think it started out as me quoting my beliefs and you lot being extremely rude about it, yes.