You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

trading standards

Comments

• CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    TheWaddy said:

If you dont agree with the bible, maybe this christianity malarky is not for you? Girls! Drink! Girls!

Cammykaze said:

Do you have any beliefs of your own we can scrutinise or is that too direct and blunt a question for you TheWaddy?

I think it started out as me quoting my beliefs and you lot being extremely rude about it, yes.
    Gie's peace!
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,515
    I dont agree with religion and have a lot of negative things to say about most religions if not all religions. I do not know if it is against sky forum rules or not to criticize religion. if not then I will make a very critical post of Christianity when my exams are done.

However it is utterly irrelevant here this thread was about the gaming integrity of sky poker not the validity of Christianity or whether TheEdge is or is not a good Christian according to your interpretation.

• TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,148
    TheWaddy said:

If you dont agree with the bible, maybe this christianity malarky is not for you? Girls! Drink! Girls!

Cammykaze said:

Do you have any beliefs of your own we can scrutinise or is that too direct and blunt a question for you TheWaddy?

I think it started out as me quoting my beliefs and you lot being extremely rude about it, yes.
    Now you contradict yourself. To go along completely with the Old Testament teachings, oh and by the way they predate Christianity, means that I would have to practice homophobia, sexism, and racism.

So how does that align with your PC requirements? Not well I would imagine.

As for your Girls! Drink! Girls! Are you really such a sad and lonely individual that, that is all your mind can focus on?

Mind you if all you believe in, is the manipulation of a RNG to defraud you then maybe, just maybe you should drink more and get laid.

It won't change your tin foil hat mentality but at least it might make you a little happier.

I wish you nothing but happiness and health but I'm finished with you. You lack humility, compassion, humour and grace and I have no desire to interact with you anymore.

If I thought there was even a chance of meaningful dialogue I would persevere but alas I fear that is not the case so you go your way and I'll go mine.

Doubleme said:

I dont agree with religion and have a lot of negative things to say about most religions if not all religions. I do not know if it is against sky forum rules or not to criticize religion. if not then I will make a very critical post of Christianity when my exams are done.

However it is utterly irrelevant here this thread was about the gaming integrity of sky poker not the validity of Christianity or whether TheEdge is or is not a good Christian according to your interpretation.

Look forward to reading that critical post @Doubleme. Hopefully I will be allowed to respond and maybe we can get a dialogue going. There are certainly elements of Christianity that I find don't sit well with me so maybe some of our views aren't to far apart.
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,515

Doubleme said:

Look forward to reading that critical post @Doubleme. Hopefully I will be allowed to respond and maybe we can get a dialogue going. There are certainly elements of Christianity that I find don't sit well with me so maybe some of our views aren't to far apart.
    I am all for debating religion and or philosophy. Its something I have been known to do for fun/sport. However 2 issues with this
    1. I am not sure if strongly criticizing religion is or is not against forum rules so would need to check that first. If its cool then sure I have a lot of negative thoughts regarding Islam and Christianity.
    Generally I think every religion is an ideology/truth claim and should be open to criticism and ridicule like any idea should be. I think their is a big difference between criticizing/mocking Christianity or Islam and Hate speech against Muslim or Christian peoples. So I would need to confirm with sky forum mods or Tikay that such a thread would be allowed within Sky forum rules before I went ahead with that one.

2. I have exams pretty soon and right now do not have time to have the philosophical/religious debate. If I get the go ahead that such a forum post is allowed then I can do that after my exams. My last exam is on 9th June and I might be taking a day or few days of to chill anyway after that so basically I can have that discussion on the forums mid June sort of time if it is allowed.
    edited May 2022
    Doubleme said:

Doubleme said:

I am all for debating religion and or philosophy. Its something I have been known to do for fun/sport. However 2 issues with this
    1. I am not sure if strongly criticizing religion is or is not against forum rules so would need to check that first. If its cool then sure I have a lot of negative thoughts regarding Islam and Christianity.
    Generally I think every religion is an ideology/truth claim and should be open to criticism and ridicule like any idea should be. I think their is a big difference between criticizing/mocking Christianity or Islam and Hate speech against Muslim or Christian peoples. So I would need to confirm with sky forum mods or Tikay that such a thread would be allowed within Sky forum rules before I went ahead with that one.

2. I have exams pretty soon and right now do not have time to have the philosophical/religious debate. If I get the go ahead that such a forum post is allowed then I can do that after my exams. My last exam is on 9th June and I might be taking a day or few days of to chill anyway after that so basically I can have that discussion on the forums mid June sort of time if it is allowed.
    Can only speak for myself and try to continue to do this. I would look forward to hearing your views on religion Doubleme.

I am not religious however open to it given the path I am forwarding at the moment. In the back of my mind the blockers up to anything that feels "indoctrinating" and from time to time think I may not finish this program. Wish to though.

Have been given the 'sales jobs' in various forms for Christianity and Freemasonry in the past too and have resisted both so far several times. Have an issue when things aren't open from the start and wish too much info before commiting so that stops it in it's tracks.

Nothing against any of these organisations btw, just not for me at this time.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,027
    Doubleme said:

Doubleme said:

@Doubleme

100% cool to debate any religious matters. Only things off the table would be hate speech, Islamophobia & the like.
  • TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    edited June 2022
    I have not seen any update from God saying he was wrong on certain aspects of the Bible and giving the go ahead for modern day slant on it.

You either follow whats in the Bible or not, otherwise what is the point of calling yourself a Christian... meaning you follow Christ and the holy book.

I find it amusing TheEdge thinks he can gamble, drink, swear, verbally threaten and abuse his fellow man... because he thinks he can tweak things due to the changing world. I dont see a PS in the Bible that says however you may have to use your own interpretation in the future in order to fit in.

Thats why its in decline, afterall.

If he sent the immaculate conception, he really needs to bring the second coming forward real soon, for a much needed revamp.... No news as yet....

PS i am not 'contradicting myself with regards to homosexuality and sexism, etc', because i am not a practising Christian... The vast majority of practising Christians over the age of around 75 would still say the bible says homosexuality is wrong and that they believe that purely as is quoted in the Bible. That is enough for me not to follow it.
    Only modern day christians distance themselves from that, but you cant have the best of both worlds, u cant just tippex out the bits you dont like.
    Thats why i say Christianity is not for you. Your commenting about this on a gambling site ffs!
    OH MY DAYS, OK LETS UNPACK THIS.

I have not seen any update from God saying he was wrong on certain aspects of the Bible and giving the go ahead for modern day slant on it.

NEW TESTAMENT IS A DIFFERENT BEAST COMPARED TO THE OLD. OLD TESTAMENT GOD = VENGEFUL AND PUNISHING. NEW TESTAMENT GOD MERCIFUL AND COMPASSIONATE

You either follow whats in the Bible or not, otherwise what is the point of calling yourself a Christian... meaning you follow Christ and the holy book.

CHRISTIANS HAVE ACCEPTED THAT CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND THEN ROSE AGAIN TO CLAIM VICTORY OVER DEATH AND PAY THE PENALTY FOR OUR SINS. SIMPLE AS THAT AND THATS ALL. YOURE NOT EXPECTED TO TRY AND BE CHRIST BECAUSE FIRSTLY ITS IMPOSSIBLE AND SECONDLY ITS BLASPHEMOUS.

NO PERSON CAN FOLLOW CHRIST PROPERLY, HE WAS WITHOUT SIN, WE ARE NOT SO WE CAN NEVER BE LIKE CHRIST

I find it amusing TheEdge thinks he can gamble, drink, swear, verbally threaten and abuse his fellow man... because he thinks he can tweak things due to the changing world. I dont see a PS in the Bible that says however you may have to use your own interpretation in the future in order to fit in.

JESUS NEVER SAID TO NOT SWEAR, GAMBLE OR DRINK. IN FACT HE PROVIDED WINE ON MORE THAN ONE OCASSION. HE SAID IT WAS WRONG TO GAMBLE IN THE TEMPLE AND TO BLASPHEME. HE ALSO SAID TO TAKE ALCOHOL IN MODERATION, BUT ONCE AGAIN, WE ARE FLAWED CHARACTERS, SINNERS AND MAKERS OF POOR CHOICES, THATS WHY WE NEED HIM.

ALSO IF YOU ACTUALLY STUDY THE NEW TESTAMENT YOU WILL SEE OCASSIONS WHERE HIS DISCIPLES USED INTIMIDATION AND ACTUAL VIOLENCE AGAINST HIS ENEMIES.

I HAVE NEVER VERBALLY THREATENED YOU. SO THAT DOG WONT HUNT. STOP LYING BECAUSE THAT IS A SIN RIGHT THERE.

HAVE I ABUSED YOU ? PROBABLY. AFTER ALL SOMEBODY WHO POSTS THE AMOUNT OF RUBBISH YOU DO IS GOING TO COP A BIT OF PIE ONCE IN A WHILE. ALTHOUGH TO BE FAIR YOU ARENT EXACTLY SHY ABOUT FLINGING IT AROUND YOURSELF.

Thats why its in decline, afterall.

ITS NOT IN DECLINE. IN FACT THE NUMBER OF NEW CHRISTIANS IS GROWING EXPONENTIALLY ACROSS THE GLOBE. YES ATTENDANCE AT TRADITIONAL CHURCHES SUCH AS C OF E OR RC IS FALLING BUT LOOK AT NEW FRONTIERS OR CHRIST CENTRAL. LOOK AT THE HOLY TRINITY CHURCHES, THE PENTECOSTAL CHURCHES, THE CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIPS, THE LIGHTHOUSE CHURCHES, BEACON HOUSE CHURCHES ETC ETC.

THE GROWTH IN NON DENOMINATIONAL CHRISTIANITY IS HUGE AND ON THE INCREASE.

If he sent the immaculate conception, he really needs to bring the second coming forward real soon, for a much needed revamp.... No news as yet....

OH HE PERPETRATED THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION. AND AS FOR THE PERUSIA WELL
    ITS COMING BUDDY, JUST HOPE THAT YOURE READY WHEN IT DOES COZ ITS GONNA BE ONE MUTHAFREAKING ARMAGEDDON LAYING WASTE TO MOST OF THE PLANET AND NOBODYS GOING TO END UP HAPPY TO START WITH.

PS i am not 'contradicting myself with regards to homosexuality and sexism, etc', because i am not a practising Christian... The vast majority of practising Christians over the age of around 75 would still say the bible says homosexuality is wrong and that they believe that purely as is quoted in the Bible. That is enough for me not to follow it.
    Only modern day christians distance themselves from that, but you cant have the best of both worlds, u cant just tippex out the bits you dont like.
    Thats why i say Christianity is not for you. Your commenting about this on a gambling site ffs!

YES YOU ARE. YOU CANT HELP YOURSELF, YOU WOULD LOVE FOR ME TO TAKE A FUNDAMENTAL VIEW THEN YOU CAN CALL ME OUT FOR BEING HOMOPHBIC OR YOU CAN SAY THAT AS I DONT PRACTICE HOMOPHOBIA I AM NOT A TRUE CHRISTIAN IN YOUR EYES. NICE TRY BUT WE CHRISTIANS ARE QUITE ADEPT AT SIDE STEPPING LANDMINES STREWN ABOUT BY IGNORANT ATHEISTS.

LIKE MOST WHO DONT FULLY UNDERSTAND THE GOOD NEWS ITS YOU THAT CHERRY PICKS PARTS TO TRY AND UNDERMINE THE FAITH. LIKE THINKING THAT 13 MEN SPENT 3 YEARS IN EACH OTHERS COMPANY, FRAUGHT WITH DANGER AND NEVER SWORE, NEVER GOT ANGRY WITH EACH OTHER, NEVER FOUGHT, NEVER TOLD EACH OTHER THEY WERE TALKING BOLLOX OR BEING A NOB.

YOURE NOT A PRACTISING CHRISTIAN! YET YOU STILL PERSIST IN THE NOTION THAT CHRISTIANS ARE DO GOODERS WHO HAVE NO DISCERNIBLE BAD TRAITS, IF YOU ARENT A PRACTISING CHRISTIAN HOW THE FK CAN YOU HAVE A VALID OPINION.

CHRISTIANS ARE FLAWED HUMAN BEINGS, CLOTHED IN SIN AND PERPETUALLY MAKING BAD CHOICES. THATS WHY WE NEED THE MERCY OF GOD, THE BLOOD PRICE OF CHRIST AND THE SCANDAL OF GRACE. HOWEVER YOU WOULD NOT BE AWARE OF THAT AS YOU GET YOUR UNDERSTANDING FROM WHAT EXACTLY?.

THE RIGHTEOUS HAVE NO NEED OF CHRIST. YEP THATS RIGHT THOSE WHO APPEAR TO FIT YOUR STEREOTYPE DONT NEED HIM AS THEY ARE ALREADY PERFECT YEAH OK SO THATS HOW MANY WOULD YOU SAY? IM GOING TO PLUMP FOR PRECISELY NIL, NADA, ZERO, ZILCH, NONE.

I BET YOU THINK ANGELS LIVE ON CLOUDS AND PLAY HARPS AND SUCHLIKE OR THAT DEMONS ALL SPORT HORNS AND TAILS. OR YOU HAVE A NOTION THAT LIFE SHOULD BE FAIR AND PEOPLE SHOULD GET WHAT THEY DESERVE.

FOR A MAN WHO CLAIMS THAT TWO GENERATIONS OF FAMILY WERE PREACHERS YOUR IGNORANCE OF THE REALITY OF CHRISTIANITY IS ASTOUNDING.

I REALLY WASNT GOING TO GIVE YOU THE TIME OF DAY BUT YOU ARE SO NEEDING OF UNDERSTANDING AND COMPASSION TO JUST IGNORE YOU WOULD BE A SIN.

OH AND YEAH CHRISTIANITY IS EVERYWHERE BUDDY, CERTAINLY WHERE ITS NEEDED. GAMING SITES, SPORTS FORUMS, ADULT SITES, DEBT CRISIS FORUMS, ADDICTION SITES, SELF HARM FORUMS, SUICIDE FORUMS AND HOMELESS FORUMS.

EVERYWHERE WHERE PEOPLE ARE SCARED, FRIGHTENED, HEARTBROKEN, DOWN, ABANDONNED, LOST, ADDICTED, ANGRY, SAD, DYING, ALONE AND DESPERATE. EVERYWHERE WHERE PEOPLE HAVE FKD UP BIG TIME, LOST THE PLOT, CAVED IN, GIVEN UP AND HAVE REACHED ROCK BOTTOM.

I ALREADY SAID, IT AINT COFFEE MORNINGS AND FETES. IT IS F BOMBS, TOUGH ATTITUDES AND HARD CASES, ITS ABOUT GETTING A MESSAGE THROUGH TO PEOPLE MESSED ABOUT BY YEARS OF ABUSE, VIOLENCE, DISTRUST AND BAD CHOICES. ITS ABOUT HELPING THOSE WHO HAVE LOST ALL HOPE AND ITS ABOUT DOING IT BECAUSE I WAS LUCKY TO HAVE BEEN SAVED AND OTHERS ARE ENTITLED TO THAT SAME GRACE AND MERCY I RECEIVED. I MAKE NO APOLOGY FOR HOW THAT LOOKS OR HOW I ACHIEVE IT.

IF YOU THINK THAT MEANS I DONT TAKE MY FAITH SERIOUSLY OR THAT I AM NOT A TRUE CHRISTIAN THEN THATS YOUR OPINION AND YOU ARE ENTITLED TO IT.

You are gone in the head TheWaddy going off your posts - I hope in a way you are trolling as your posts are just not good at all. :o
  • gogogadgetgogogadget Member Posts: 147
    That escalated quickly, from software issues??
    It did...that was an amazing capital letter Cape Fear Max Cady type scary Christian rant
    I absolutely agree with alot of that.... they turn up to recruit and take advantage of anyone is at their most vulnerable
    TheWaddy said:

It did...that was an amazing capital letter Cape Fear Max Cady type scary Christian rant

No rant there, just refuting your total cr4p as usual. Just thought you'd appreciate it in bulletin form rather than long winded explanations, especially as you seem to struggle to comprehend anything requiring assimilation of information.

Hope that you can come to terms with your lack of understanding regarding Christianity. Maybe a short study course such as Alpha (2 hours a week for 12 weeks) would be beneficial.

Alternatively feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. If I can't answer your enquiry I will find a person who can.

Whatever you decide I wish you luck.
    I love the way you say i struggle to comprehend or understand the ways of christianity!

Because i have little interest in it, that may be the reason i have not studied it in depth dont you think?

I can therefore as everyone else, have only a perceived opinion.

You scary Max Cady rant kind of gives me an insight into why you might be turning to God. :s
    No rant. Why can you not understand two words of 1 syllable each?

Wasn't a rant merely a rebuttal of your amusingly ill ill informed rubbish.

If you have little interest in something how can you cast doubt on how another represents it.?

That's like me with no interest in gardening telling Alan Titchmarsh that he is wrong in the way he portrays gardeners in general.

I can't do it because I'm speaking from a place of ignorance, ergo by your own admission you are ignorant of Christianity and therefore you assumptions have zero validity.

That's also why I cannot respond to the Max Cady reference as I have absolutely no idea who that is.

Oh and fwiw I answered every point in your argument, I see you have spectacularly failed to answer anything ever asked of you by many posters over several threads. But then that is often the way of ignorant people.

Still not ranting, just chilling, playing some chess, going to have a glass of wine in a while and maybe a little food.

Life's good, Gods great and you have a superb weekend now.
    I think you chose to comment on my my posts, despite not having enough knowledge on poker. This is how this started... Practice what you preach, would be a wholly relevant term to use in this situation!

Please dont embarrass yourself by saying you do.... someone who reloads and has not bothered to learn pot odds is not qualified to comment on poker outcomes, online or offline.

But it is a bizarre suggestion, that someone should take a course to learn something in a subject that they have no interest in whatsoever. I will give the Alpha course a miss.

And guess what? There is absolutely no-one here who does have an interest.

And if you think they werent at least just a little perturbed by your Max Cady Cape Fear capitals post, think again!
    No I simply used capital letters because they are easier for you to read.

I find your comment regarding nobody on here having an interest somewhat strange.

I do as a matter of fact pray for several forum members, having first sought their blessing to do so. Some have declined and guess what I still count them as friends.

I have never used this forum to recruit, although I have used it to highlight issues regarding social injustice, because recruiting people to my faith is not my remit.

If people show an interest then that's great if they don't that's great as well I'm not on any blooming crusade.

Yes I will always bring a Christian angle to debates where I feel it's needed but all this angst of yours stems from one post I made in which I told you to STFU which for some reason you took to be a case of utter hypocrisy from a Christian.

Now whilst I am no crusher of poker I have played long enough to have a decent grasp of pot odds, implied odds, expected EV, positional awareness etc etc. So yes I can make a valid comment because just because I have no desire to study to get to greater levels, doesn't dilute or invalidate my opinion.

The fact that many players much better than me AND YOU were also telling you to wind your neck in didn't seem to compute and you systematically set about insulting and berating everybody so you got told in plain Anglo Saxon to desist with your yammer.

Oh and I've spoken to The Man and he's fine about it, so whilst I appreciate your concern for my immortal soul, don't worry, I'm good.

P.S. Who the fk is Max Cady.

• rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,222
    Rabdeniro played Max Cody in the remake of Cape Fear.
    rabdeniro said:

Rabdeniro played Max Cody in the remake of Cape Fear.

Thanks Rab I shall watch the film now so that I can make an informed comment.