You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Interesting facts

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,024

He does not look like a "smiley man", does he?
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,087
    Tikay10 said:

I bet after the 'Rights' he smiled a lot more. That's if he did actually 'Register' it. Oh my god I'm gonna have to investigate.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,077
    lucy4 said:

Tikay10 said:

I bet after the 'Rights' he smiled a lot more. That's if he did actually 'Register' it. Oh my god I'm gonna have to investigate.
    He didn't.

Earned $45 from it. Managed to keep smiling, though
  • Options
    The Poison Garden at the Alnwick Garden in Northumberland, England, is home to more than 100 toxic, intoxicating and narcotic plants. And it's open to public.

The sign on the black iron gate says, "These plants can kill", and it's emblazoned with a skull and crossbones for good measure. The warning isn't a joke – the plot sealed off behind these black iron bars is the deadliest garden in the world. And it's open to the public.

Established in 2005, the Poison Garden at the Alnwick Garden in Northumberland, England, is home to more than 100 toxic, intoxicating and narcotic plants. "Before visitors are allowed to enter, they must have a safety briefing," said Dean Smith, a guide at the Poison Garden. Visitors are instructed that they're not allowed to touch, taste or smell anything – nevertheless, as the website notes, guests have still occasionally fainted from inhaling toxic fumes as they walk through.

One of the dangerous plants cultivated here is monkshood, or wolf's bane, which contains aconitine, a neurotoxin and cardio toxin. But that's not the worst one: "Probably the most poisonous plant we actually have here is ricin [which contains the toxin ricin] better known as the castor bean or castor oil plant," Smith said. "The Guinness Book of World Records considers that to be the world's most poisonous plant."

https://youtu.be/52Ou1OiYCK0
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,392
    edited July 2023
    Coca Cola, the best-selling soft drink in history, sold in every part of the world. Except three countries .

Which are ....

North Korea, Cuba and Russia

• Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,778
    mumsie said:

Coca Cola, the best-selling soft drink in history, sold in every part of the world. Except three countries .

Which are ....

North Korea, Cuba and Russia

apart from the ones you listed, scotland is the only country where coke is not the biggest selling soft drink, iron bru steals the show.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

mumsie said:

apart from the ones you listed, scotland is the only country where coke is not the biggest selling soft drink, iron bru steals the show.

Agreed, its Irn-Bru Bru for me every-time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UprxM_aBWk
  • Options
    Just so you know, there are 319 beans and 8 sausages in a tin of Heinz Beanz Pork Sausages.

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 525
    Surprising about Russia on the Coke list. Thought it would be Iran or Afghanistan.

Cuba is a great place for a holiday. Cuba Libres would benefits from proper Coke though.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 525
    Anybody that watched Breaking Bad knows all about ricin.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,024
    Bean81 said:

Anybody that watched Breaking Bad knows all about ricin.

• Options
    lucy4 said:

Just so you know, there are 319 beans and 8 sausages in a tin of Heinz Beanz Pork Sausages.

i absolutely love mental ppl. folk who count the beans in a tin.....
  • Options

lucy4 said:

i absolutely love mental ppl. folk who count the beans in a tin.....
    I actually checked the count, I wonder who else did.
  • Options
    my kinda ppl right there hahaha
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Not exactly an interesting fact but something that introduced us to one of the most loved characters of days gone by, go on The Oz

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,282
    lucy4 said:

Technically there were 319 beans and 8 sausages in THAT tin, for it to be a statistically relevant average for the number of beans and sausages in a can you would need to count the contents of quite a few more cans. I look forward to being updated with further counts. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Enut said:

lucy4 said:

Technically there were 319 beans and 8 sausages in THAT tin, for it to be a statistically relevant average for the number of beans and sausages in a can you would need to count the contents of quite a few more cans. I look forward to being updated with further counts. :)
    I'd just like to confirm that although I may not lead the most glamourous or exciting lifestyle, I've not yet reached the depths of counting random items in cans, I'm now off to rearrange my sock drawer... :D
  • Options

I would argue that 319 beans and 8 sausages is the average according to the sample size.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,034
    VespaPX said:

I think this one named itself.
    Been in a few times.

Nothing suspicious at all

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12377857/Britains-wonkiest-pub-destroyed-fire.html