You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Partygate.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,379
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,369
    This reminds me of something that happened to me many years ago.

Client wanted to plead Guilty to Driving Without Due Care and Attention. By post. It is quite important to plead Guilty by post-as the Mags could not Ban you from driving without making you attend Court. My job was to draft the Plea in Mitigation.

I thought I had done a good job. The Mags were so "impressed" they rang me. Told me/my Client we had 2 choices-tone down the plea in mitigation, or they would take it as a Not Guilty plea, and Client could attend Court. So I had to redraft it, and had 1 unhappy client.

The point here is this. Boris, and all the others, had 2 choices. Accept the Police version and pay £50. Or-go to court, risk a Criminal record, and a fine plus costs of about £1,000. and a media frenzy. So-of course-they all paid the fine.

But-Boris being Boris-he wants a 3rd option. 1 where he BOTH argues about the facts AND avoids pleading Not Guilty.

Buffoon.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Client wanted to plead Guilty to Driving Without Due Care and Attention. By post. It is quite important to plead Guilty by post-as the Mags could not Ban you from driving without making you attend Court. My job was to draft the Plea in Mitigation.

I thought I had done a good job. The Mags were so "impressed" they rang me. Told me/my Client we had 2 choices-tone down the plea in mitigation, or they would take it as a Not Guilty plea, and Client could attend Court. So I had to redraft it, and had 1 unhappy client.

The point here is this. Boris, and all the others, had 2 choices. Accept the Police version and pay £50. Or-go to court, risk a Criminal record, and a fine plus costs of about £1,000. and a media frenzy. So-of course-they all paid the fine.

But-Boris being Boris-he wants a 3rd option. 1 where he BOTH argues about the facts AND avoids pleading Not Guilty.

Buffoon.

Its not going away anytime soon.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,369
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Buffoon.

Sue Gray is going to be the key here. Unless the Police are going to issue more fines.

Will she carry on as she started? If so, I do so hope it is before the May elections.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Buffoon.

Sue Gray is going to be the key here. Unless the Police are going to issue more fines.

Will she carry on as she started? If so, I do so hope it is before the May elections.
    The last thing I saw was that her report would be published as soon as the police investigation is complete.
    They surely cant drag it out much longer.
    Cressida **** said it would be complete before she left.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,288

Boris & Team Crony will find a way to prevaricate such that the Sue Gray report is not published until after the May elections.

The man has zero shame & a deficient moral compass, he'll wriggle out of this, & I doubt "resign" is in his vocab.

I am really quite surprised "civil unrest" has not started. It's shameful how we the general public are being taken for fools.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    He just makes me want to punch him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrmdCxP5TYk
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Buffoon.

Exclusive: Tories set to lose 800 council seats – and Sir Keir Starmer on course to be PM in 2024

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-tories-set-lose-800-181133849.html
  • Options
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Buffoon.

Chancellor Rishi Sunak's mystery loan to firm then handed Covid furlough cash

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/chancellor-rishi-sunak-s-mystery-loan-to-firm-then-handed-covid-furlough-cash/ar-AAWegKX?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f84e69e2e4064f06a3b767c5e683fac3

Tories facing election wipeout with devastating 800-seat loss that leads Starmer to No10

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/tories-facing-election-wipeout-with-devastating-800-seat-loss-that-leads-starmer-to-no10/ar-AAWfEvh?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f84e69e2e4064f06a3b767c5e683fac3
  • Options
    Boris Johnson ‘airbrushed from local election leaflets like Jeremy Corbyn’

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/boris-johnson-nowhere-seen-local-123812615.html
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Buffoon.

'Tories are cowardly lickspittles trapped under the heel of dictator Boris Johnson'

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/tories-are-cowardly-lickspittles-trapped-under-the-heel-of-dictator-boris-johnson/ar-AAWgdTl?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=52af15a1657d4b898b897c30c51af6a8

‘Some of us have rumbled Boris’: The inside story of the week Boris Johnson was fined over Partygate

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/some-of-us-have-rumbled-boris-the-inside-story-of-the-week-boris-johnson-was-fined-over-partygate/ar-AAWgHrg?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=52af15a1657d4b898b897c30c51af6a8

HIGNFY: Ian Hislop rips into Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak and calls for them to resign

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/hignfy-ian-hislop-rips-into-boris-johnson-and-rishi-sunak-and-calls-for-them-to-resign/ar-AAWgz64?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=52af15a1657d4b898b897c30c51af6a8

PM must now face Commons and growing discontent over Partygate fine

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/pm-must-now-face-commons-and-growing-discontent-over-partygate-fine/ar-AAWgEo0?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=52af15a1657d4b898b897c30c51af6a8
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Buffoon.

Cabinet ministers refuse to publicly declare offshore interests and non-dom status

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/cabinet-ministers-refuse-to-publicly-declare-offshore-interests-and-non-dom-status/ar-AAWgbnn?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f38d827ed7eb483a9046a111b6af1586
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Buffoon.

Sue Gray told she cannot publish full ‘partygate’ report until every fine handed out

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/sue-gray-told-she-cannot-183504676.html
  • Options
    Fresh allegations emerge about Boris Johnson's involvement in partygate
    The Sunday Times said the Prime Minister is preparing to deliver a statement to MPs on Tuesday

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/uk-world-news/fresh-allegations-emerge-boris-johnsons-6963239
  • Options
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,822
    we cant lose Bojo now we need him to stand up to Russia.
  • Options
    Doubleme said:

we cant lose Bojo now we need him to stand up to Russia.

What do you think that Boris has done in respect of Ukraine, that an alternative PM wouldnt have?
  • Options
    Revealed: Hundreds of millions in UK taxpayers’ money handed to companies still operating in Russia
    Exclusive: British government accused of indirectly helping to fund Putin’s war with £294m contracts

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ukraine-russia-uk-sanctions-companies-latest-b2058676.html