You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

bring back mickjenn1?

Comments

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited March 2010
    The trouble is, once you ban someone for 'life' you dig a hole for yourself. To bring the 'culprit' back shows 'weakness' in some eyes, and before long everyone will not believe the punishments that are handed out will be implemented. but this is wrong, what is needed is a bit of common sense, i reckon the ultimate punishment should not be 'life' but an 'indefinite ban' to give some leeway in sentencing, that way no one can 'lose face' so to speak, and you can 'show clemency' at a later date.
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: bring back mickjenn1?:
    The trouble is, once you ban someone for 'life' you dig a hole for yourself. To bring the 'culprit' back shows 'weakness' in some eyes, and before long everyone will not believe the punishments that are handed out will be implemented. but this is wrong, what is needed is a bit of common sense, i reckon the ultimate punishment should not be 'life' but an 'indefinite ban' to give some leeway in sentencing, that way no one can 'lose face' so to speak, and you can 'show clemency' at a later date.
    Posted by loonytoons
    well, i think theyve already shown there hand. by not banning a few people who have blown up that or theyve only given them a month ban, webby got a ban, then came back, and got another ban, why does he get 2 chances whereas others havent been given another
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited March 2010

note i have already said bring him back in a previous post on here

guys  note this before reading on .

the group including myself need to come up with away for him to get

a reprieve without skypoker looking like its backing down from forum  pressure ,

otherwise skypoker will feel if it gives in on this one ,

it is setting a precedent for others ,

so us guys/gals need to come with a idea to suit  both parties ,

to open up this,

my idea would be,

maybe through someone who best knows 

m ic k ,

a severe apology from m ic k should be  put up on the forum ,

also in this he should warn others not to behave like he did ,

along the guideline it not worth it etc .

this would be a good start and show skypoker he is really 

sorry for his behaviour and wish to put himself forward as a example

for others not to make the mistake  that he did  .

note i am trying to be of help ok guys/gals .

roborover and idea out !

• Options
    goodylad21goodylad21 Member Posts: 693
    edited March 2010
    Can mick use the community and browse through the posts ???? That way i will know if i have to be nice about him or speak the truth !! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Can mick use the community and browse through the posts ???? That way i will know if i have to be nice about him or speak the truth !! :)
    Posted by goodylad21
    yes he can view it, say what you want about him, if its insulting you will only get a warning or a month ban anyway lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
      note i have already said bring him back in a previous post on here   guys  note this before reading on .   the group including myself need to come up with away for him to get     a reprieve without skypoker looking like its backing down from forum  pressure ,   otherwise skypoker will feel if it gives in on this one ,  it is setting a precedent for others ,   so us guys/gals need to come with a idea to suit  both parties ,   to open up this,    my idea would be,  maybe through someone who best knows    m ic k ,   a severe apology from m ic k should be  put up on the forum ,   also in this he should warn others not to behave like he did ,   along the guideline it not worth it etc .  this would be a good start and show skypoker he is really   sorry for his behaviour and wish to put himself forward as a example  for others not to make the mistake  that he did  .  note i am trying to be of help ok guys/gals .  roborover and idea out !  
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    good idea, he should be able to come back and indeed do this, i know hes definately wanting to come back and is sorry etc
  • Options
    TiaDalmaTiaDalma Member Posts: 454
    edited March 2010
    Never met Mick but like watching him play and used to love reading his thread. Hope he gets back on the forum
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: bring back mickjenn1? : well, i think theyve already shown there hand. by not banning a few people who have blown up that or theyve only given them a month ban, webby got a ban, then came back, and got another ban, why does he get 2 chances whereas others havent been given another
    Posted by hurst05
    i cant and dont want to take sides, but i do believe that webby only incurred a 'minor' infraction, ie being lewd etc, did not mick physically threaten someone? or am i wrong
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited March 2010
    I know his banning offence wasn't his greatest moment but at the same time there are other forum notables who have been banned, then allowed to return, only to get banned again (not permanent either).  Mick has had tonnes of chances yet he has improved his demeanour no end.  People he had arguments with have been to SPT events with Mick and there havent been any cross words or bad feelings.  

Please Sky - give a guy one more chance :)
  • Options
    MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited March 2010
    Micky was the one shinning star that  got this forum going, always fun, always  helpful answering players questions  on poker ..  Sure  there  were  and are many  players who  make great  contributions here, but if ever there was a player  who was  more fun and helpful it could be found in Micky's thread . This forum is so much the  poorer for  not having him here,  he's a winning player, and I would  for  one  would like  to see  him back...  As pointed out by others he's at all the live events chatting with all the people that run the live shows on TV  !!  So,  I suspect  even they  would like him back but  this is the strangest politically correct forum, with so many players being banned for having opinions  that aren't in-line with the marketing of  SkyPoker .. As I've said before here, this forum was originally supposed to have been set  up  for the players,    it's evident it was not for them   but a marketing tool for  the company ! Yes  this forum   needs more people like MickJenn    and not the propaganda machine !
    Posted by bennydip2
    +1. Some of the grief he used to get on his fan club thread  was unbelievable, really no need for it. There is only so much any person can take before they eventually bite.
    I really enjoyed reading his thread and anytime I asked for advice/help he went out of his way to answer as he did with lots of people.
    Please give him his chat back just so he can explain why he keeps calling my raises with any 2 :)
    Gl with this Hurst.
  • Options
    tallboytallboy Member Posts: 375
    edited March 2010
    So,  I suspect  even they  would like him back but  this is the strangest politically correct forum, with so many players being banned for having opinions  that aren't in-line with the marketing of  SkyPoker

Love this Benny well said.
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited March 2010
    Bring him back, he was a nice happy chappy at the SPT in manc :)

FWIW I have no idea what he did to be banned or when he was ban or even that he was banned.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I know his banning offence wasn't his greatest moment but at the same time there are other forum notables who have been banned, then allowed to return, only to get banned again (not permanent either).  Mick has had tonnes of chances yet he has improved his demeanour no end.  People he had arguments with have been to SPT events with Mick and there havent been any cross words or bad feelings.   Please Sky - give a guy one more chance :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    +1

He's a top bloke, i had a great weekend with him in Nottingham last year and we chat on FB regular. If Sky do it for Mick they would have to give everyone who has been banned a reprieve but i have no problem with that also.
    As Phil said it wasnt Mick's greatest moment when he got banned,but i would stake money on it he wouldnt make the same mistake again.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    they should have a regular review whereby they look at players ban's and if they feel they have learnt from what they did and have done nothing wrong since then they should be sent an email saying they have their chats reinstated but have to watch what they say. have it every 3 months or month, this way its fair for everyone. mick talks to all the presenters and analysts at the spt's yet still they havent looked at his ban
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    they should have a regular review whereby they look at players ban's and if they feel they have learnt from what they did and have done nothing wrong since then they should be sent an email saying they have their chats reinstated but have to watch what they say. have it every 3 months or month, this way its fair for everyone. mick talks to all the presenters and analysts at the spt's yet still they havent looked at his ban
    Posted by hurst05
     it seems u and m ick are close,

get him to make the first step as said in previous post by moi ,

lets take it from there m8y ,

we can shout all we want for him ,

but the guys voice / words mean more ,

get m ick to step forward ,

you know me hurst i mean well ok !
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    who,s mickjenn
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    dunno but this is a thread about mickjenn1
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    who,s mickjenn
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    he is a over weight guy ,

that both males and females like  mmmm ,

and want to cuddle up with ,

just like a teddy bear .

strange guy really !
  • Options
    beaujolaisbeaujolais Member Posts: 218
    edited March 2010
    is looking a bit on the porky side !!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: bring back mickjenn1? : he is a over weight guy , that both males and females like  mmmm , and want to cuddle up with , just like a teddy bear . strange guy really !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Mick's gonna love the first line of this post!
  • Options
    anjie1970anjie1970 Member Posts: 410
    edited March 2010
    yes defo bring him back hes good crack. i will never forget the support he gave me last year in vegas final from start to finish about 6 hours long. top man. anjie x