You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

random i think not

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    TheWaddy said:

TheWaddy said:

TheWaddy said:

My graph is constant upward direction. You dont have to be losing games to see what is happening, you just might have to 'win' the game 11 or 12 times in a heads up game before you get paid.... them survive 11 or 12 all ins low stacked, needing a miracle and getting it. If you stick to SNG's, then you can still win that game, its just the same deck as a cash deck works, its all running the same way, but you will see combined odds of terrific proportions over and over and over.... but still go on to win the game.

Its the sheer amount of miracles i have a problem with, even if i win... i can still see the maths isnt adding up.

|I just this morning (and in fact daily) lost to a guy at hi lo, who had joined as he thought was hold em... i think we got to 23 all ins in this one game when he was like holding JJ67 with flop AA 10.... id have AT23... and turn river would be 23 so he wud split for the low.. 23 times.... he didnt know game so was in complete trouble time and time again ....until it would do the set up hand where we both flopped FH and his was better.

I will see this over and over and over during any given session, on any given day. There is no maths in these decks, but if you are good, you can spot situations which are a bet with a real deck, check with an online deck.... raise with real deck, even fold with an online deck... its that obvious.

Even an experienced player like NChanning, surprisingly came out with the comment if you know how rng works you could manipulate it to win huge amounts.... you cant, cos its geared to helping out poor players, losing players..... if you winning your not going to be the one getting the help, believe me. Its about keeping the poor player on site, maintaining numbers, reducing poor player losses.

IE you can sit 40mins in a heads up as a 20yr experienced player and actually lose to someone who hasnt played before, or knows the rules.....

If the deck is that predictable and you know all the spots of when to bet/check/fold etc......why on earth do you only play 1 game at a time at the £1 level?

You have a license to print money with your superior deck knowledge.
    You are blessed with this unique ability.
    Don't waste it at the quid games.

Imagine playing poker for 20 years and actually believing all the shite you have written.
    Yes refer to 2nd to last paragraph of the post, the answers there.... been so many of these posts, involving so many different people... read it properly before answering guys, its simple stuff....
    So what happens if a good, winning player faces off against another good, winning player?

How does the RNG/deck know who to favour then?
    I generally find its quite a normal game... its written to recognise, if it doesnt recognise the silly help element doesnt kick in...
    Ok.

And how many hands are generally needed before the RNG can clock that it's 2 good players facing off and adjust the deck accordingly?
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,034

MISTY4ME said:

WILL YOU ANSWER A FREAKING QUESTION, JUST ONCE.

Why if you have found a way around the RNG that you can exploit to make money would you actually make noise about it ????

If I spot an error in the market whilst trading I don't jump on a forum and let everybody know, I just quietly back or lay the trade and smile to myself.

Finally before I leave you to your own happy thoughts. If the RNG favours the worst players with the worst hands why can't I ever beat @MattBates @NOSTRI @MISTY4ME @FeelGroggy @Essexphil @Enut or any of the hundreds of better players on this site.

Bye. Be Lucky

WOW

......never thought I'd be included with 'PROPER' players :p

..... @HAYSIE take note :D:D

Was going to include @HAYSIE but couldn't bring myself to do it. :D:D
    Understandable.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

Why if you have found a way around the RNG that you can exploit to make money would you actually make noise about it ????

If I spot an error in the market whilst trading I don't jump on a forum and let everybody know, I just quietly back or lay the trade and smile to myself.

Finally before I leave you to your own happy thoughts. If the RNG favours the worst players with the worst hands why can't I ever beat @MattBates @NOSTRI @MISTY4ME @FeelGroggy @Essexphil @Enut or any of the hundreds of better players on this site.

Bye. Be Lucky

WOW

Noted.
    With a pinch of salt.
  • Options
    alyssammyalyssammy Member Posts: 61

alyssammy said:

im not saying that i am saying the worst hand wins the most

So you're saying, quite literally, that 27o is the best hand and AA is the worst hand in texas holdem on Sky Poker? It seems that is literally what you are stating here. Could you clarify?

ill clarify i have not said 27o is better than aa, please get things right before posting
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    MISTY4ME said:

Bye. Be Lucky

WOW

I think I've been put in there for balance....... :)
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    alyssammy said:

ill clarify i have not said 27o is better than aa, please get things right before posting

You said exactly 'the worst hand wins the most', therefore the worst hand, 27o, is actually the best hand based on what you said. If the worst hand wins the most then by extension the best hand wins the least, meaning AA is actually the worst hand. A surprising theory.

• Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592

TheWaddy said:

TheWaddy said:

TheWaddy said:

My graph is constant upward direction. You dont have to be losing games to see what is happening, you just might have to 'win' the game 11 or 12 times in a heads up game before you get paid.... them survive 11 or 12 all ins low stacked, needing a miracle and getting it. If you stick to SNG's, then you can still win that game, its just the same deck as a cash deck works, its all running the same way, but you will see combined odds of terrific proportions over and over and over.... but still go on to win the game.

Its the sheer amount of miracles i have a problem with, even if i win... i can still see the maths isnt adding up.

|I just this morning (and in fact daily) lost to a guy at hi lo, who had joined as he thought was hold em... i think we got to 23 all ins in this one game when he was like holding JJ67 with flop AA 10.... id have AT23... and turn river would be 23 so he wud split for the low.. 23 times.... he didnt know game so was in complete trouble time and time again ....until it would do the set up hand where we both flopped FH and his was better.

I will see this over and over and over during any given session, on any given day. There is no maths in these decks, but if you are good, you can spot situations which are a bet with a real deck, check with an online deck.... raise with real deck, even fold with an online deck... its that obvious.

Even an experienced player like NChanning, surprisingly came out with the comment if you know how rng works you could manipulate it to win huge amounts.... you cant, cos its geared to helping out poor players, losing players..... if you winning your not going to be the one getting the help, believe me. Its about keeping the poor player on site, maintaining numbers, reducing poor player losses.

IE you can sit 40mins in a heads up as a 20yr experienced player and actually lose to someone who hasnt played before, or knows the rules.....

If the deck is that predictable and you know all the spots of when to bet/check/fold etc......why on earth do you only play 1 game at a time at the £1 level?

You have a license to print money with your superior deck knowledge.
    You are blessed with this unique ability.
    Don't waste it at the quid games.

Imagine playing poker for 20 years and actually believing all the shite you have written.
    Yes refer to 2nd to last paragraph of the post, the answers there.... been so many of these posts, involving so many different people... read it properly before answering guys, its simple stuff....
    So what happens if a good, winning player faces off against another good, winning player?

How does the RNG/deck know who to favour then?
    I generally find its quite a normal game... its written to recognise, if it doesnt recognise the silly help element doesnt kick in...
    Ok.

And how many hands are generally needed before the RNG can clock that it's 2 good players facing off and adjust the deck accordingly?
    All players obviously have an ROI on the site, it will recognise that. Easy one that. And what happens when you join a new site and have no ROI? Everyone must have experienced that you run good initially wherever you play......
  • Options
    edited March 2022

You call people halfwits and fkwits.
    You get called a moron.
    You start to wade into someone who said that they would forgive you.
    You then try and use that persons beliefs to hit him over the head with.
    You fail.
    You avoid questions about your perceptions
    You realise, he's quite good at this sort of thing.
    You get even more irate calling him Holy man, preacher man.
    You make sly insinuations regarding whether he may be an ex con
    You still avoid questions
    You look to argue against him and not the points raised.
    You still fail.
    You attempt to bring others on side against him.
    You forget your original point.
    You repeatedly play the victim, the injured party, the hard done by.
    You really fail.
    You end your last post with more digs.
    You can't help yourself.

Ok its all about YOU

So come on Pingu lets discuss the half life of radio active isotopes and whether the decaying units make a viable heat source as depicted in the film The Martian. Pingu, pingu, put that sardine down and listen...........

You get called a moron.
    You fail.
    You still fail.
    You really fail.
    You can't help yourself.

Ok its all about YOU

So come on Pingu lets discuss the half life of radio active isotopes and whether the decaying units make a viable heat source as depicted in the film The Martian. Pingu, pingu, put that sardine down and listen...........

Man, christianity is not for you. Picking arguments with your fellow brother and belittling them as an online troll, is not a christian trait.

Before you say 'well what about you'.... i am not considering myself a practising christian. I refer to 'holy man' and 'preacher', in response to the nature of your comments, in a sarcastic manner as this is not what a 'preacher' / 'holy man' or in fact any true christian would do.

You appear to have issues, as with many who turn to christianity do.. its like a desperate attempt to hide who you are to other people 'im a nice person, im a christian dont you know'.... but as here, the truth comes out.

You should have asked yourself 'what would Jesus do?'.... i dont think write a PIngu post would have been on his agenda.

I could have talked poker all day, the insults start from you guys, ive proved that with the 6 player initial comments. You should have shown them the road to Damascus instead of joining in.........

• Options
    TheWaddy said:

At what point in the hand are you judging it to 'win at the exact % it should'? Preflop? Flop? Turn? River? I can almost guarantee you do not look at millions of hands and test every street.......

I am not a poker expert, and havent read this thread in full.
    However a number of questions arise out of your last few posts.

You seem to be claiming that the random river card is often not the random card that should have arrived on the river.
    To prove that the random river card is the wrong card, wouldnt you have to know which random card should have arrived?
    In which case it wouldnt be a random card, would it?

I dont think anyone disputes that a long odds river card turns up from time to time, but most players appreciate that this happens on an infrequent basis.

Are you saying that your research is more comprehensive, and accurate than Skys, when they have access to billions of hands?

Why would you need to research all the streets?
    We all know that the best hand doesnt always win.
    The stats on the best hand losing will include the times that it was outdrawn, and also when it has been folded.
    The win percentage will obviously only refer to the times it won, and what happens down the streets is surely irrelevant, when you consider the win percentage of any particular hand?

To say that less accomplished players would have lost more, if it wasnt for a rigged system sounds like paranoia.
    How could you possibly prove this?
    Although I would guess that a losing player that played on other sites may have similar stats across the board.
    I think that this would also apply to winning players on Sky that also play on other sites,
    I think that the winning players will probably be winning on other sites, although their ROI may fluctuate between the various sites, as some may be more competitive, and difficult than others.

You seem to be arguing that something that should be random isnt random.
    If you are playing 6 handed, by the time you get to the river, there are 36 cards left in the deck.
    Because it is random any one of the remaining cards can arrive on the river.
    One thing that is guaranteed is that one of these cards will turn up on the river.
    Because it is random, it could be any one of them.
    Because it is random this will occasionally assist a player in hitting a one outer.
    We all know this occurs infrequently.
    Although the fact that it does happen occasionally is surely proof that it is random rather than its not.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

TheWaddy said:

At what point in the hand are you judging it to 'win at the exact % it should'? Preflop? Flop? Turn? River? I can almost guarantee you do not look at millions of hands and test every street.......

I am not a poker expert, and havent read this thread in full.
    However a number of questions arise out of your last few posts.

You seem to be claiming that the random river card is often not the random card that should have arrived on the river.
    To prove that the random river card is the wrong card, wouldnt you have to know which random card should have arrived?
    In which case it wouldnt be a random card, would it?

I dont think anyone disputes that a long odds river card turns up from time to time, but most players appreciate that this happens on an infrequent basis.

Are you saying that your research is more comprehensive, and accurate than Skys, when they have access to billions of hands?

Why would you need to research all the streets?
    We all know that the best hand doesnt always win.
    The stats on the best hand losing will include the times that it was outdrawn, and also when it has been folded.
    The win percentage will obviously only refer to the times it won, and what happens down the streets is surely irrelevant, when you consider the win percentage of any particular hand?

To say that less accomplished players would have lost more, if it wasnt for a rigged system sounds like paranoia.
    How could you possibly prove this?
    Although I would guess that a losing player that played on other sites may have similar stats across the board.
    I think that this would also apply to winning players on Sky that also play on other sites,
    I think that the winning players will probably be winning on other sites, although their ROI may fluctuate between the various sites, as some may be more competitive, and difficult than others.

You seem to be arguing that something that should be random isnt random.
    If you are playing 6 handed, by the time you get to the river, there are 36 cards left in the deck.
    Because it is random any one of the remaining cards can arrive on the river.
    One thing that is guaranteed is that one of these cards will turn up on the river.
    Because it is random, it could be any one of them.
    Because it is random this will occasionally assist a player in hitting a one outer.
    We all know this occurs infrequently.
    Although the fact that it does happen occasionally is surely proof that it is random rather than its not.
    If it happened occasionally, i really would embrace it! If a 5% chance happened even 10% of the time, id embrace it.
  • Options
    alyssammy said:

alyssammy said:

im not saying that i am saying the worst hand wins the most

So you're saying, quite literally, that 27o is the best hand and AA is the worst hand in texas holdem on Sky Poker? It seems that is literally what you are stating here. Could you clarify?

alyssammy Member Posts: 43
    March 8
    so why is it only me that sees the worst hand pree wins day in day out come on people dont be so gullible it needs to be looked at

You did.
  • Options
    alyssammy said:

so why is it only me that sees the worst hand pree wins day in day out come on people dont be so gullible it needs to be looked at

FeelGroggy Member Posts: 783
    March 8
    @TheWaddyQuestion for you. If online poker sites are rigged in favour of weaker players to slow down the rate they lose money, why is it that rigged claims overwhelmingly come from these 'favoured' losing players? Meanwhile crushers of the game argue it is completely fair, despite it being 'rigged' against them?

How would you answer the above?
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    TheWaddy said:

You get called a moron.
    You fail.
    You still fail.
    You really fail.
    You can't help yourself.

Ok its all about YOU

You get called a moron.
    You fail.
    You still fail.
    You really fail.
    You can't help yourself.

Ok its all about YOU

Man, christianity is not for you. Picking arguments with your fellow brother and belittling them as an online troll, is not a christian trait.

Before you say 'well what about you'.... i am not considering myself a practising christian. I refer to 'holy man' and 'preacher', in response to the nature of your comments, in a sarcastic manner as this is not what a 'preacher' / 'holy man' or in fact any true christian would do.

You appear to have issues, as with many who turn to christianity do.. its like a desperate attempt to hide who you are to other people 'im a nice person, im a christian dont you know'.... but as here, the truth comes out.

You should have asked yourself 'what would Jesus do?'.... i dont think write a PIngu post would have been on his agenda.

I could have talked poker all day, the insults start from you guys, ive proved that with the 6 player initial comments. You should have shown them the road to Damascus instead of joining in.........

That's the best laugh I've had all day.

People on this forum KNOW I'm not a nice person because many KNOW my history.

You couldn't have talked poker all day long at all, because you're not talking poker, you're spouting drivel. You've proved that with every comment.

You feel able to comment on what you consider not to be Christian traits yet steadfastly refuse to explain your understanding of either Christianity or its followers.

I mean why would I show anybody the road to Damascus, the M6 is just as interesting.

If you're referring to Paul's Conversion whilst on the road to Damascus that's not something you can show, that's something you have to explain. I can do that if you want me to, just PM me.

As for the Pingu reference, I can't believe it. It really is like talking thermonuclear dynamics with a penguin.

C'mon, give us a big hug, you know you want to
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    HAYSIE said:

alyssammy said:

FeelGroggy Member Posts: 783
    March 8
    @TheWaddyQuestion for you. If online poker sites are rigged in favour of weaker players to slow down the rate they lose money, why is it that rigged claims overwhelmingly come from these 'favoured' losing players? Meanwhile crushers of the game argue it is completely fair, despite it being 'rigged' against them?

How would you answer the above?
    Bad players do claim its not random for a different reason to me. They lose money, they want to blame someone. They dont realise that they would lose even more if it didnt subtly help them. They get dealt aces in hold em and they think they have won the hand already. They will limp in and let more in the hand and then cry when KJ beats them.

Its bad play that makes them a losing player. Even on a flop of Kd Qd Jd, they are never ever gonna fold AcAS, regardless even if another diamond comes, they cant do it.

I dont like the word 'rigged'. In the example above, its not about helping them in this situation or any other specific hand similar to this. For me, there is ways in all the brands of games they can help bad players as standard.

In hi lo, as i have said, you simply never get multi way draw hi lo flops, which is the bread and butter of good hi lo players where they will look to ram and jam. Live this would be the way id win a lot of games by gettin it all in the pot on the flop with As 2S 3d Kd on a flop of 4s 5s kc flop... You NEVER see this and ive played hundreds of thousands of hands online at hi lo. Its one subtle way of ensuring the poorer player is not going to get stung as often as they would, they would be happy to call all in with 4c 5d Jh here.

So thats why poor players moan about the RNG, they are ultimately still losing players, they dont see when they are getting more luck than maths dictate, as anything other than they played the hand well. They just see big hands getting beat, especially big pairs, generally cos they played the hand badly.

Good players typically dont moan about it, cos on the whole they are winning players and are happy with that. Maybe they dont notice like on 888's Omaha heads up games, the guy thats just lost a huge pot calling off, when obv obv beat and left himself shortstacked... that they automatically win the very next all in preflop, with a hand of 3 of a kind or better... i do notice it. Alot of winning players may play a variety of variations of poker and things like this may not be seen by them, as its not their main game. They may not play heads up for example.

But something that only ever has one outcome is to me, clearly not a random occurence.

Most really good well known players also either have poker sites sponsorship or are looking to gain it. It is not in their best interests to do anything but 'big up' sites, not **** on their own doorstep.

Its just my opinion and experience. When i was a backed player, the pro that mentored me absolutely agreed with me on this... but would have never said it publicly.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    What happened to your game?
    You were backed for 500 a day but now play £1 games
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    'I dont like the word 'rigged'. In the example above'
    If the RNG is designed to favour certain players, by definition it is rigged.

So the losing players claiming it is rigged are completely wrong as to how it is rigged, whilst all the winning players claiming it's legitimate are wrong, despite the fact they must all experience what you do. You, a small winning player, who has only contributed £80 in rake for the site, are the only one who is onto the truth.

Also wouldn't rigging it in your opponent's favour be counter productive to sky? Nobody is going to go broke playing £1 husngs and the longer the match plays out, the more time you aren't registered for another game.

• Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited March 2022

So come on Pingu lets discuss the half life of radio active isotopes and whether the decaying units make a viable heat source as depicted in the film The Martian.

Geothermal energy is produced by the decay of radioactive isotopes beneath the Earth's surface. It's mostly used for heating in countries where there are high levels of volcanic activity, near to tectonic plate boundaries. The most notable example of this is Iceland, where the vast majority of people's homes are heated by renewable energy, most of which comes from its geothermal power plants.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    Pingu you really are an evil little penguin :D:D
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    edited March 2022
    @Sky_James If the software is sophisticated enough to differentiate between winning and losing players and rig it the right amount, we better at least get auto add on's in tournaments.
  • Options
    edited March 2022

'I dont like the word 'rigged'. In the example above'
    If the RNG is designed to favour certain players, by definition it is rigged.

So the losing players claiming it is rigged are completely wrong as to how it is rigged, whilst all the winning players claiming it's legitimate are wrong, despite the fact they must all experience what you do. You, a small winning player, who has only contributed £80 in rake for the site, are the only one who is onto the truth.

Also wouldn't rigging it in your opponent's favour be counter productive to sky? Nobody is going to go broke playing £1 husngs and the longer the match plays out, the more time you aren't registered for another game.

Sigh, every game, cash, sng. £1000 sng, £1 sng.... its all running off the same programme.They are not targeting my £1 games. We have covered this. There would be no opponent if it was totally random remember..... its all about maintaining traffic and customer numbers, thats the main objective. If theres very few players, there is not enough rake, not enough fees, as we have established is how they make their money.

Thers 730 playing as we speak, its precarious for most sites. Black Friday took the huge customer traffic of the US away. Sites had to change by keeping the few players they had left or close. Pokerstars had adopted this way of doing that even pre black friday, as they are greedy. It was always the site everyone called Jokerstars and good players avoided it, including me.

Everyone followed suit. If you had several years experience through both era's, it was really easy to see.

Bad players who shout its rigged... isnt it nearly always cos their hole big pair has lost and are they not always just hold em players? I have no interest in them agreeing with me.