You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

random i think not

Comments

• Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    edited March 2022
    @TheWaddy There is a tick-box at the top right where you can change it to hi-lo equities, above where it says 'new hand'.

I am not suggesting you do not understand 5% equity means they win 5/100 times, I am suggesting you fundamentally misunderstand how much equity your opponents have vs your hand so you perceive yourself as being more unlucky than reality. Also adjusting your game to take into account the site is 'against you' is only going to make your win rate and edge smaller. You cannot be as unlucky as you suggest you are given your win rate.
  • Options
    alyssammyalyssammy Member Posts: 61
    so why is it only me that sees the worst hand pree wins day in day out come on people dont be so gullible it needs to be looked at
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    alyssammy said:

so why is it only me that sees the worst hand pree wins day in day out come on people dont be so gullible it needs to be looked at

The best had pre CANNOT win every time, it is a mathematical impossibility.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited March 2022
    Hi @TheWaddy ,

You appear to have very strong views and seem strong willed. That's fine, insulting people surely is not. In return you have had a bit of backlash shall we say while receiving the benefit of experienced poker players opinion. Quite frankly, you have had your fill.

Seems the 'only' person who gets you is Midnightma, he (I assume) gave an opinion that sees your point of view, to a point and you agree with it and has been the only person you agree with.

Can I put it to you that you just want people to agree with you and the rest of what is posted here is 'wrong' or is simply dismissed by yourself?

I have copied and pasted your insults to members of this forum and went through the whole thread. Below is the remarks you have made in the thread to others or speaking ill of people:-

"site fan loonies"

"tea club fanatics"

"your tea club"

"You have lost the ability to Moderate with a clear head and just let the Tea Club say the most inane things"

"you halfwits"

"5 fkwits"

"Another fkwit"

"so fk him too......."

" Just a pain in the ****."

"talk about one sided fkwits"

"Done. Thick as pigshite"

"'STFU im a christian'.... never seen that one on a placard"

"this is a poker site lad"

Try to sit on it and think through in a clearer frame of mind the comments that were posted by others and digest them. See it from a 3rd person perspective or show someone close to you this thread and see what they think. Ideally someone in your life who is able to challenge your thoughts and feelings.

Maybe take your medicine time?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    Cammykaze said:

Hi @TheWaddy ,

You appear to have very strong views and seem strong willed. That's fine, insulting people surely is not. In return you have had a bit of backlash shall we say while receiving the benefit of experienced poker players opinion. Quite frankly, you have had your fill.

Seems the 'only' person who gets you is Midnightma, he (I assume) gave an opinion that sees your point of view, to a point and you agree with it and has been the only person you agree with.

Can I put it to you that you just want people to agree with you and the rest of what is posted here is 'wrong' or is simply dismissed by yourself?

I have copied and pasted your insults to members of this forum and went through the whole thread. Below is the remarks you have made in the thread to others or speaking ill of people:-

"site fan loonies"

"tea club fanatics"

"your tea club"

"You have lost the ability to Moderate with a clear head and just let the Tea Club say the most inane things"

"you halfwits"

"5 fkwits"

"Another fkwit"

"so fk him too......."

Try to sit on it and think through in a clearer frame of mind the comments that were posted by others and digest them. See it from a 3rd person perspective or show someone close to you this thread and see what they think. Ideally someone in your life who is able to challenge your thoughts and feelings.

Even I can see the point @Cammykaze is trying to make.

And I am "as thick as pigshite". Apparently :)
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    edited March 2022
    MattBates said:

@waddy
    The cardplayer calc does both plo and hi/lo.

I think you saying "That is my experience of the modern day online poker, i cant change that or explain it" is quite telling.

It is your experience but you treat it as fact.

Are you really suggesting that myself, Phil, nostri (cant remember who else has posted) don't play much poker? Think we don't play outside of sky?

I think if you go back, i thanked Nostri, Feelgroggy for their eloquent poker posts. Yourself, essexphil just queried the term of 'sponsorship', which i attempted to explain it was Badbeat.coms terming that stuck with me. I appreciate backed is a better term and i agreed with that.

Any other post has been from 'professional sky forum posters', who have not tried to have a poker debate and just attacked me personally, just for answering the original post question from a guy who is struggling with the deck too.

They took on an argument, cos thats what they do.

Its my experience yes, 8yrs pre black friday and 11yrs post black friday. Hundreds of thousands of hands during both times. Combined im sure it will be in millions+ territory. I think its a decent cross section to have an opinion.

I also had the 888 experience (previous full info on player 'shipppy' post) where i could see there was an auto win in omaha heads up, after a player had called off a huge pot when obviously beat, to leave himself short stacked. The first all in preflop, i recorded hundreds of auto wins for them on the bounce. I didnt win one.

So yes my experience is ive become the most unluckiest player that ever lived since black friday, or something isnt right.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    TheWaddy said:

MattBates said:

@waddy

I think you saying "That is my experience of the modern day online poker, i cant change that or explain it" is quite telling.

Are you really suggesting that myself, Phil, nostri (cant remember who else has posted) don't play much poker? Think we don't play outside of sky?

I think if you go back, i thanked Nostri, Feelgroggy for their eloquent poker posts. Yourself, essexphil just queried the term of 'sponsorship', which i attempted to explain it was Badbeat.coms terming that stuck with me. I appreciate backed is a better term and i agreed with that.

Any other post has been from 'professional sky forum posters', who have not tried to have a poker debate and just attacked me personally, just for answering the original post question from a guy who is struggling with the deck too.

Its my experience yes, 8yrs pre black friday and 11yrs post black friday. Hundreds of thousands of hands during both times. Combined im sure it will be in millions+ territory. I think its a decent cross section to have an opinion.

I also had the 888 experience (previous full info on player 'shipppy' post) where i could see there was an auto win in omaha heads up, after a player had called off a huge pot when obviously beat, to leave himself short stacked. The first all in preflop, i recorded hundreds of auto wins for them on the bounce. I didnt win one.

So yes my experience is ive become the most unluckiest player that ever lived since black friday, or something isnt right.
    Why would you think that , someone mentioned your stats and you're a winning player
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    TheWaddy said:

TheWaddy said:

You play here to ''fund holidays?''

You're average stake is a quid, and you seemingly only single table.

I guess you must enjoy going on these....

Keep just guessing, it makes you look intelligent when you speculate.

Where are your £1 SnG's taking you this year?

Bridlington? Southend? Margate? Maybe even Blackpool?!

The life of an intrepid traveller.

Enjoy.
    Florida this time. Even Tikay both times hes come in on my posts has confirmed figures of like won 7 out of last 8... i will help u with the maths (clearly if you think decks are random you def will need help with this)
    All i have to clear is £7 a day x 365 days of year is £2555. Very low intelligence here, u shud know by now i will back it with fact.
    This one has been amusing me for a while.

First let's look at the positives. On Sky, you play almost exclusively £1.05 HUSNGs. You win (roughly) 67% of these, over a reasonable sample. Which means you are making a profit out of a hobby. Well done. 67%, even at those stakes, is impressive. Particularly at PLO8, where the winning percentage of the "better" hand pre is lower than for NLH. Pretending it should be more because of a rigged deck? Ridiculous.

But let me "help you with the maths". For every 100 £1.05 HUSNGS you play, you stake £105. And, assuming you win 67 of them, you get back £134.

So-you are making £29 for every 100 you play. Or 29 pence per game. In order to make £2,555 in 1 year, at those stakes, you need to play 8,810 games per year.

That is a lot of games.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Cammykaze said:

Hi @TheWaddy ,

"site fan loonies"

"tea club fanatics"

"your tea club"

"you halfwits"

"5 fkwits"

"Another fkwit"

"so fk him too......."

You forget to offset it with the comments i had... i mean STFU placard was simply putting on a placard what he had said to me, yet you fairly put this down as my comment. Good one.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    Hi @TheWaddy
    I don’t check sharkscope, but as mentioned previously you have a 67% win rate ( or thereabouts)
    Are you suggesting the RNG is unfavourable to you, and it should be higher?
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    edited March 2022
    67% is very high and does seem very suspicious.

Do you work for Sky? @TheWaddy
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

TheWaddy said:

TheWaddy said:

You play here to ''fund holidays?''

You're average stake is a quid, and you seemingly only single table.

I guess you must enjoy going on these....

Keep just guessing, it makes you look intelligent when you speculate.

Where are your £1 SnG's taking you this year?

Bridlington? Southend? Margate? Maybe even Blackpool?!

The life of an intrepid traveller.

Enjoy.
    Florida this time. Even Tikay both times hes come in on my posts has confirmed figures of like won 7 out of last 8... i will help u with the maths (clearly if you think decks are random you def will need help with this)
    All i have to clear is £7 a day x 365 days of year is £2555. Very low intelligence here, u shud know by now i will back it with fact.
    This one has been amusing me for a while.

First let's look at the positives. On Sky, you play almost exclusively £1.05 HUSNGs. You win (roughly) 67% of these, over a reasonable sample. Which means you are making a profit out of a hobby. Well done. 67%, even at those stakes, is impressive. Particularly at PLO8, where the winning percentage of the "better" hand pre is lower than for NLH. Pretending it should be more because of a rigged deck? Ridiculous.

But let me "help you with the maths". For every 100 £1.05 HUSNGS you play, you stake £105. And, assuming you win 67 of them, you get back £134.

So-you are making £29 for every 100 you play. Or 29 pence per game. In order to make £2,555 in 1 year, at those stakes, you need to play 8,810 games per year.

That is a lot of games.
    Its called an example, when a guy was childishly putting up holidays in Bridlington. Its an example of what can be achieved by playing £1 sngs, i didnt say thats what i had made. Even half or a third of that example, helps towards a decent holiday, would you be prepared to accept that, seeing as u guys jump on everything?

As for mentioning preflop hands, im not sure i have ever said this was a problem on Sky or in general, that these were not winning, other then the 888 experience in that one situation.... where not once they won.

My general problem with online decks is nothing to do with preflop hands, that you seem to be obsessed with.

• Options
    TheWaddy said:

Essexphil said:

Cammykaze said:

Hi @TheWaddy ,

"site fan loonies"

"tea club fanatics"

"your tea club"

"you halfwits"

"5 fkwits"

"Another fkwit"

"so fk him too......."

You forget to offset it with the comments i had... i mean STFU placard was simply putting on a placard what he had said to me, yet you fairly put this down as my comment. Good one.
    Not unfair and I likely am in the wrong with this comment while not picking up the full context, my apologies.

To others and myself it 'seemed' you have came in like a bull in a china shop and are at odds with several posters here. Hopefully I am not one of them, if I am so be it.

Can you though, maybe accept the rest of the comments are not pleasant to read from a member of the forum with no real agenda? I am someone who enjoys playing on Sky to unwind and simply does not like to read these sorts of things when visiting the forum.

As I have touched on earlier in the thread, personally sarcasm is something I do not like (not from you btw) and we maybe agree on that one. I also believe this is not completely one sided and you are not 100% in the wrong. That would not be right.

• Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    TheWaddy said:

MattBates said:

@waddy

Strange, I don't recall you thanking me for my post, despite the fact that I spent quite a long time researching and arranging my findings and citing every single source as concisely and clearly as I could for you.

What you actually did was suggest I didn't understand what I had read, call me a "pain in the ****," and dismiss everything I said out of hand without any reference to anything factual, making a series of unsourced claims along the way.

You've given similar or worse treatment to several other people in this thread, among them very accomplished players, and several professional players, with solid win rates at the highest stakes the site offers, who I'm sure would all tell you they play poker in a way that doesn't make any concessions for a "rigged" deck. They, like the rest of us, have experienced their fair share of bad beats and one-outers. Yet they're not jumping on this thread agreeing with you, because they understand that it's simply how probabilities work.

It's a common theme in this thread that you are rude and dismissive of anyone who attempts to help you understand why you do not have a strong argument, yet nothing but good things to say about anyone who makes vaguely agreeable or understanding points in your favour.

Questioning the integrity of online casinos is a perfectly understandable thing to do but it could not be clearer that you have already decided your opinion is fact and you are not at all open to any other hypothesis. Claiming you are the unluckiest player who ever lived while being able to demonstrate an impressive win rate in the games you play on Sky is approaching the level of farce.

This is all one of the biggest failures of critical thinking I have ever seen.

If you would rather stew in your own confirmation bias then that is up to you but I don't think you should be surprised that people aren't taking your claims very seriously.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,026
    alyssammy said:

If I was the only person that could see something that the overwhelming majority disagreed with, I would have concerns, and question my views.
    This is not the first thread of its kind.
    Although they are never started by the best players that make plenty of money.
    I wonder why?

I think it is impossible to improve as a poker player unless you accept responsibility for your results.
    How could you if there is something else to blame.
    There is a saying about bad workmen.

Much of poker is about odds.
    There isnt a pre-flop hand that is guaranteed to win 100% of the time.
    Our perception is sometimes inaccurate.
    If we took as an example a pocket pair against two over cards we will be almost 50/50.
    Yet if we have the AK we think we will hit, and if we are holding the 77, we think they will hold.
    Yet we will be disappointed almost 50% of the time.

If we took another example.
    If we are holding AK off, many players would expect to win every time against 89 suited.
    Yet the odds are 60/40 in favour of the AK.
    So the 89 wins 4 times out of 10.
    A better player will know this, and not be surprised by the worst hand pre-flop winning some of the time.
    A less accomplished player will be launching their laptop through the window the first time it happens.

Bad beats will usually balance out.
    Most players will inflict as many on others, as they receive.
    Others just remember, and talk about those they receive.

What you have suggested is clearly not affecting the most profitable players.
    You will not improve while you think this is true.
    If it was we would have heard stories about laptops flying through windows when players realised that they had got all their chips in with the best hand pre-flop, and a huge number of players shoving pre-flop with say 72 off.

When they first started playing Holdem, it was thought that J 10 was the best hand.
    Here we are many years later after many millions of computer simulations, and even though we may think that we are odds on to win pre-flop, in reality we may only be 60/40 favourite, and must expect to lose 4 times out of 10.

The worst hand pre-flop win less often than the best hand, but not never.
  • Options
    NOSTRI said:

TheWaddy said:

MattBates said:

@waddy

Strange, I don't recall you thanking me for my post, despite the fact that I spent quite a long time researching and arranging my findings and citing every single source as concisely and clearly as I could for you.

What you actually did was suggest I didn't understand what I had read, call me a "pain in the ****," and dismiss everything I said out of hand without any reference to anything factual, making a series of unsourced claims along the way.

You've given similar or worse treatment to several other people in this thread, among them very accomplished players, and several professional players, with solid win rates at the highest stakes the site offers, who I'm sure would all tell you they play poker in a way that doesn't make any concessions for a "rigged" deck. They, like the rest of us, have experienced their fair share of bad beats and one-outers. Yet they're not jumping on this thread agreeing with you, because they understand that it's simply how probabilities work.

It's a common theme in this thread that you are rude and dismissive of anyone who attempts to help you understand why you do not have a strong argument, yet nothing but good things to say about anyone who makes vaguely agreeable or understanding points in your favour.

Questioning the integrity of online casinos is a perfectly understandable thing to do but it could not be clearer that you have already decided your opinion is fact and you are not at all open to any other hypothesis. Claiming you are the unluckiest player who ever lived while being able to demonstrate an impressive win rate in the games you play on Sky is approaching the level of farce.

If you would rather stew in your own confirmation bias then that is up to you but I don't think you should be surprised that people aren't taking your claims very seriously.
    You were a pain in the ****
    Cammykaze said:

TheWaddy said:

Essexphil said:

Cammykaze said:

Hi @TheWaddy ,

"site fan loonies"

"tea club fanatics"

"your tea club"

"you halfwits"

"5 fkwits"

"Another fkwit"

"so fk him too......."

Not unfair and I likely am in the wrong with this comment while not picking up the full context, my apologies.

To others and myself it 'seemed' you have came in like a bull in a china shop and are at odds with several posters here. Hopefully I am not one of them, if I am so be it.

Can you though, maybe accept the rest of the comments are not pleasant to read from a member of the forum with no real agenda? I am someone who enjoys playing on Sky to unwind and simply does not like to read these sorts of things when visiting the forum.

As I have touched on earlier in the thread, personally sarcasm is something I do not like (not from you btw) and we maybe agree on that one. I also believe this is not completely one sided and you are not 100% in the wrong. That would not be right.

Lets look at the truth. Its there in black and white, look back. The FIRST message from each coming in on this;

JAC35: three word reply 'you sound ridiculous'

GregDKY82 'a paranoid mess', 'get another hobby'

hhyftrftdr changed my post to read £22 from £22k

TheEdge Well if I thought that a gaming or poker site was dishonest and still wagered or played there would that not make me a moron? (Hes calling me a moron u see, u know the christian)

Stoke Fc what a moron... was his 2nd post but i hadnt engaged with this guy on his first

TvSpice 'your rude to everyone' and why 'do you make snide comments'.... errr RE above

All these opened with a confrontational post. Most have gone on to say 'STFU' (ah the christian again, sounds like he misunderstands his religion ethics too!) and the likes including those who didnt open with such, yet several of you have said its MY attitude. Ive returned the abuse, simple as. Theres only a few commenting on here and 6 opened with those comments.

Yet only MidnightMa spotted that.... and then you all seem surprised that i sent him/her a message to thank, seeing this as only agreeing with those who agree with me!

It just shows i just cant win with you guys, its in writing, we can all see it, yet its my attitude that stinks. Praise the lord!

• Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    I think what you should do " TheWaddy " is to get your dictionary out and flick through the pages to the letter P and you will find the answer to your problem " PARANOIA ".
    everybody gets a bit paraniod every now and again if you look at the symptoms, you've got a few of them.
    You say you're a winning player but that doesn't seem to be enough for you, most rec players would be happy with the figures you say you've won, I don't think 99.9% of people would be bothered about the RNG and I am pretty sure very few people would be sending out emails to various organizations basically saying they're corrupt.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    TheWaddy said:

NOSTRI said:

TheWaddy said:

MattBates said:

@waddy

Cammykaze said:

TheWaddy said:

Essexphil said:

Cammykaze said:

Hi @TheWaddy ,

"site fan loonies"

"tea club fanatics"

"your tea club"

"you halfwits"

"5 fkwits"

"Another fkwit"

"so fk him too......."

Lets look at the truth. Its there in black and white, look back. The FIRST message from each coming in on this;

TheEdge Well if I thought that a gaming or poker site was dishonest and still wagered or played there would that not make me a moron? (Hes calling me a moron u see, u know the christian)

Stoke Fc what a moron... was his 2nd post but i hadnt engaged with this guy on his first

TvSpice 'your rude to everyone' and why 'do you make snide comments'.... errr RE above

All these opened with a confrontational post. Most have gone on to say 'STFU' (ah the christian again, sounds like he misunderstands his religion ethics too!) and the likes including those who didnt open with such, yet several of you have said its MY attitude. Ive returned the abuse, simple as. Theres only a few commenting on here and 6 opened with those comments.

Yet only MidnightMa spotted that.... and then you all seem surprised that i sent him/her a message to thank, seeing this as only agreeing with those who agree with me!

It just shows i just cant win with you guys, its in writing, we can all see it, yet its my attitude that stinks. Praise the lord!

Fighting fire with fire can turn into a game of he said/she said and gets worse when on the Internet. I do not like name calling from anyone, have been called many a name and it's the equivalent of children arguing in the playground over who gets the last word/last kick of the football or whatever.

The only way an argument stops sometimes is when someone walks away.........
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

TheWaddy said:

NOSTRI said:

TheWaddy said:

MattBates said:

@waddy

Cammykaze said:

TheWaddy said:

Essexphil said:

Cammykaze said:

Hi @TheWaddy ,

"site fan loonies"

"tea club fanatics"

"your tea club"

"you halfwits"

"5 fkwits"

"Another fkwit"

"so fk him too......."

Fighting fire with fire can turn into a game of he said/she said and gets worse when on the Internet. I do not like name calling from anyone, have been called many a name and it's the equivalent of children arguing in the playground over who gets the last word/last kick of the football or whatever.

The only way an argument stops sometimes is when someone walks away.........
    Yes its a poor choice though to side with those who are clearly here to drive the conversations in that direction.
  • Options
    Hi @TheWaddy

Need to get on with my day now as pretty tired of this thread and have (like perhaps yourself and others) more to bother myself with than he/she started it.

Need to be done with this thread on a personal level...........