You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Rwanda.

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    VespaPX said:

Essexphil said:

VespaPX said:

If we have processing centres abroad for the "penniless brown people from Syria" what do we do with the ones that fail the asylum process?

The rules are very simple. In that case, you arrange for them to be sent back to the place they came from.

Which, unless they came from Rwanda, is not Rwanda. Unless (as other countries have done) you can in some way incentivise them to agree to go to Rwanda instead. In your example, the answer is Syria.
    And if they have no ID and refuse to state where they're from?
    There have been rules in place about all this sort of stuff for decades. That pretty much the whole world adheres to. Except for a few 3rd World countries. Some tinpot dictators. And, now, the UK.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    VespaPX said:

Employ people in the NHS whilst their applications are being processed?

I would rather have qualified and properly vetted people thank you very much.
    A lot of these economic migrants have no ID when they arrive so we have no idea of their backgrounds.

So you wouldn't want to be seen or treated by a fully qualified Syrian doctor?
    What about a surgeon from Iran?
  • Options
    VespaPX said:

If we have processing centres abroad for the "penniless brown people from Syria" what do we do with the ones that fail the asylum process?

They get returned from where they came, or sent back to their home country.

Pretty simple stuff.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

VespaPX said:

What's the answer to this mess?

Unlimited mass immigration? (where are they going to live?)
    Get the French to do more? (unlikely).

Seems every "solution" creates more problems.

The seemingly obvious starting point is to have resources abroad to allow people to apply for asylum without having to be physically present in the UK.

Having some kind of set up in the Calais area would also make sense, so people are processed or otherwise being deciding to cross the water.

What is the aim of the Government though?
    Is it to detract from their shortcomings by having the average man/woman on the street blaming a penniless brown person from Syria for their country's problems rather than pointing their finger in the direction of the utter dregs in charge of this nation?
    Dog whistling, if you will.

Sadly, this works all too well, with many people all too eager to lap up what The Mail/Express/Farage/UKIP etc etc tell them.

We currently have an employment deficit in the UK.
    There are many vacancies for generally low paid/low skilled jobs (wonder why.....what a roaring success Brexit has been)
    Why not allow asylum seekers to work whilst their applications are being processed?
    Let them do some work, earn a bit of money and contribute to society, instead of housing them in generally poor accommodation/conditions and giving them a token £40 a week to survive off.

The whole system is flawed though, from top to bottom.
    And yet some people think the solution is to traffic human beings off to Rwanda.
    The only people who should be on a plane to middle Africa, and never to be seen again, is these odious Tories currently in power.

Edit to add that the NHS sure could do with some more workers too.
    I don't often agree with you but on this occasion I do on several of your points but not all. Why mention 'Brown People' surely all people throughout the world deserve the same recognition. Why are people not mentioning China,Saudi Arabia,Syria,Yemen,Sudan,Egypt,Iran,Somalia,Burundi & Venezuela etc and that's not even mentioning the child slaves in certain parts of Africa who are currently mining Cobalt for $3 a day. Small-scale mining in the DRC involves people of all ages, including children, obligated to work under harsh conditions. Of the 255,000 Congolese mining for cobalt, 40,000 are children, some as young as six years.
    It's just an expression, no need to read too much into it.
    Though it was also a subtle dig at the people who can't wait to welcome in white asylum seekers, but absolutely do not want any brown ones 'invading' us.
    Cos they are all criminals innit, or something.

Essentially, a typically Daily Mail reader.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    As abhorrent the proposed “ Let’s send them to Rwanda” is, and as much as I agree with most of Jon’s post I can’t see letting them work whilst waiting to be processed is feasible.

Firstly, in pretty much every job in the Uk ( as far as I’m aware) you need a bank account to have the wages paid into, the days of ‘cash in hand’ are pretty much defunct, apart from the odd back hander, and dodgy employer who pays below min wage.

This throws up another hurdle, it shouldn’t be that difficult to open a bank account , but again a guess… I reckon thousands of immigrants turning up at a high street bank ( is there any left these days?) some with no proof of I.d., may be a tad problematic.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,025

VespaPX said:

Pretty simple stuff.

VespaPX said:

A lot of these economic migrants have no ID when they arrive so we have no idea of their backgrounds.

Show me where i said that?
  • Options

lucy4 said:

VespaPX said:

The seemingly obvious starting point is to have resources abroad to allow people to apply for asylum without having to be physically present in the UK.

Having some kind of set up in the Calais area would also make sense, so people are processed or otherwise being deciding to cross the water.

Is it to detract from their shortcomings by having the average man/woman on the street blaming a penniless brown person from Syria for their country's problems rather than pointing their finger in the direction of the utter dregs in charge of this nation?

Sadly, this works all too well, with many people all too eager to lap up what The Mail/Express/Farage/UKIP etc etc tell them.

There are many vacancies for generally low paid/low skilled jobs (wonder why.....what a roaring success Brexit has been)
    Why not allow asylum seekers to work whilst their applications are being processed?
    Let them do some work, earn a bit of money and contribute to society, instead of housing them in generally poor accommodation/conditions and giving them a token £40 a week to survive off.

And yet some people think the solution is to traffic human beings off to Rwanda.
    The only people who should be on a plane to middle Africa, and never to be seen again, is these odious Tories currently in power.

I don't often agree with you but on this occasion I do on several of your points but not all. Why mention 'Brown People' surely all people throughout the world deserve the same recognition. Why are people not mentioning China,Saudi Arabia,Syria,Yemen,Sudan,Egypt,Iran,Somalia,Burundi & Venezuela etc and that's not even mentioning the child slaves in certain parts of Africa who are currently mining Cobalt for $3 a day. Small-scale mining in the DRC involves people of all ages, including children, obligated to work under harsh conditions. Of the 255,000 Congolese mining for cobalt, 40,000 are children, some as young as six years.
    Though it was also a subtle dig at the people who can't wait to welcome in white asylum seekers, but absolutely do not want any brown ones 'invading' us.

"Its just an expression"
    Lol
    Racebaiter
  • Options
    VespaPX said:

lucy4 said:

VespaPX said:

"Its just an expression"
    Lol
    Racebaiter
    You're the last person who needs any bait.
  • Options
    VespaPX said:

VespaPX said:

Pretty simple stuff.

VespaPX said:

The inference is right here.

But you have the chance to put the record straight, which I'm sure you'll grab with both hands;
    Are you happy to be seen/treated by a fully qualified Syrian doctor?

The irony is, anyone treating you has no idea of your background.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,020
    Refugees to be electronically tagged and prosecuted if they don’t comply under ‘draconian’ Home Office plan

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/refugees-electronically-tagged-prosecuted-don-181202752.html
  • Options
    Adil Ray Sparks Firey GMB Row By Pointing Out A Pretty Major Flaw In Rwanda Policy

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/adil-ray-sparks-firey-gmb-091836855.html
  • Options
    edited June 2022

VespaPX said:

VespaPX said:

Pretty simple stuff.

VespaPX said:

The inference is right here.

But you have the chance to put the record straight, which I'm sure you'll grab with both hands;
    Are you happy to be seen/treated by a fully qualified Syrian doctor?

The irony is, anyone treating you has no idea of your background.
    Fully qualified and vetted as i've stated before.

Anyone treating you would have full access to your medical records, which is the only background they would need to know.

Anything else or do you still want to continue to turn this into a skin colour issue, like you always do?
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,489
    I got nice and Brown this week butt kept my White cheeks .....
  • Options
  • Options
    Boris and Carrie land in Rwanda as he faces a double by-election defeat in Wakefield and Tiverton TODAY that could spark new Tory revolt… and he's due for showdown with Charles on Channel migrant plan

Boris Johnson is in Kigali with wife Carrie (right) for a Commonwealth meeting - and will be on tour abroad for the next week. But there are fears the by-elections could spark a renewed Conservative revolt, if as expected the government fails to defend them both for the first time since the dying days of John Major's time in No10. Ministers have already been rehearsing arguments about how difficult it is for governments to hold by-elections in mid-term. But limiting the scale of the setbacks is considered critical for Mr Johnson. Meanwhile, the premier is facing another difficult showdown on his trip, as he holds talks with Prince Charles (inset with Camilla) after apparent clashes about the policy of deporting Channel migrants to Rwanda.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10944737/Boris-Carrie-land-Rwanda-faces-double-election-defeat.html
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Women with children in UK face deportation to Nigeria and Ghana

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/women-children-uk-face-deportation-163214449.html
  • Options
    Government accused of ‘outrageous cover-up’ after refusing to reveal cost of Rwanda plan

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/government-accused-outrageous-cover-refusing-085138435.html