You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

World Cup,Football & Other Bets.

Comments

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,041
    A couple of big priced bets for a bit fun watching tonight's games using some free bets.

• Options
    It's all about Salah in the early game (he's let me down a few times this season) so he owes me :D

If the curse of the early game strikes again the 3pm games might come to the rescue.

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021
    Think you're safe with Salah.

The worry is Nunez. Right now, he couldn't hit a cow's ar5e with a banjo :)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,571

Bit of a reverse chirp here, but I've had a wonderful run spread betting Multi Corners & am wayyyyy up. (Multi-corners is 1st half corners multiplied by 2nd half corners, & I usually bet £2 per corner).

In last night's Burnley game I sold at 26. There were 10 in the first half, 12 in the second, = 10 x 12 = 120. I usually trade out if the early corner count is high but it got away from me last night with 3 in the first few minutes. I should have been brave & accepted the loss but I ran with it & it just got worse & worse. In theory I lost 94 units (94 x £2) but I have a default stop loss of 75, so the end loss was "only" £150. Yikes. It was incred, Burnley sent in about 30 crosses & most of them seemed to deflect off a defender for a corner.

Bizarrely, the previous night in the Liverpool v Spurs game I had the same bet & there were 10 first half corners, so I was facing a bad one. The second half was much better, & with no corners for the next half hour, once my liability was down to -£10 I accepted the small loss & closed the position with a big sigh of relief. In fact there was only 1 2nd half corner, and had I let it run I'd have made a profit of 16 units @ £2 a pop, = £32. Marv.

Gotta love a punt, & if we are correctly rolled it's a wonderful buzz, there's good nights & bad nights but as long as you take a long-term balanced view it's all good. When I take a hit it hurts for about 5 minutes, but a good win sends me to bed buzzing.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Think you're safe with Salah.

The worry is Nunez. Right now, he couldn't hit a cow's ar5e with a banjo :)

Nunez not starting so cashed out the £10 on that bet so it's all on Salah now but he ain't been in great form lately,need a Liverpool penalty :D .
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,571

@lucy4

Salah seems to be playing much wider today. Fingers crossed for you though.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@lucy4

Salah seems to be playing much wider today. Fingers crossed for you though.

Salah & Kane used to be 'Bankers' in this type of bet but recently they both seem to be playing wider or deeper and supplying rather than being the main strikers.
  • Options
    My 20 team pin stickers 10p acca bet no studying of form just random picks to tick off the goals as and when they go in, I've had one up before and been close a few times (17/18 & 19 games) not a bad bet for 10p. Super Boosted odds from 550/1 to 726/1.

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Not a very good day today as Salah didn't have his shooting boots on yet again (note to self no more backing Salah for S.O.T.) Also Watford one of my regular bet busters let the 'Banker' down again. The Pin Sticker Acca gave most entertainment 3 games were late abandonments leaving 17 games in the acca of which 4 lost but onwards and upwards.

Oh I forgot I had a free £2 bet ongoing so not all bad (so far).

• Options
    Perhaps I should stick to the euro games in future.

• Options
    Instead of doing a multi-leg bet builder I've just gone for this Sky Bet Boost. It should give a decent run for the money as long as Saka lasts the whole game without being injured through the countless fouls that are gonna be committed on him.

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021
    lucy4 said:

Instead of doing a multi-leg bet builder I've just gone for this Sky Bet Boost. It should give a decent run for the money as long as Saka lasts the whole game without being injured through flinging himself theatrically to the floor for no apparent reason

FYP :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Lazio vs AC Milan looks good for cards.
    📈 Referee averages 5.40.
    📈 Milan games average 6 cards.
    📈 Lazio games average 4.78 cards.
    📈 7 cards in the last meeting.

• Options
    lucy4 said:

Lazio vs AC Milan looks good for cards.
    📈 Referee averages 5.40.
    📈 Milan games average 6 cards.
    📈 Lazio games average 4.78 cards.
    📈 7 cards in the last meeting.

Half time and 2 of the picks have been carded but unfortunately it's 1 card on each bet no double up yet.
  • Options
    Only 3 cards in the game and I had 2 of those but not on the same slip but I did do a partial cash out for my stakes back before one of the picks got subbed off so no winners but also no losses.
  • Options
    poppy765poppy765 Member Posts: 1,503
    Hi Lucy, If you're looking for a bet to make tonights match more fun, there's a sky bet club boost of:
    Brennan Johnson and Marcus Rashford to have 4+ shots on target between them was 4/1 NOW 6/1
    I like the fact that it's combined shots- gives a bit more flexibility.
    Might be a decent use of a free bet :)
  • Options
    poppy765 said:

Hi Lucy, If you're looking for a bet to make tonights match more fun, there's a sky bet club boost of:
    Brennan Johnson and Marcus Rashford to have 4+ shots on target between them was 4/1 NOW 6/1
    I like the fact that it's combined shots- gives a bit more flexibility.
    Might be a decent use of a free bet :)

Thanks @poppy765 I always seem to forget to look at the sky bet club for offers.
  • Options
    poppy765poppy765 Member Posts: 1,503
    No probs :)
    4 SoT is a bit ambitious but they're both pretty accurate with shots and decent penalty takers so fingers crossed!
  • Options
    I'm waiting on the confirmed line ups before placing any bets but this seem worth a shout if all players start.