You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Popped in to play a session after a few months....

Comments

• Options
    Sky__JamesSky__James Member Posts: 442
    TheWaddy said:

I asked a while ago in this thread, if anyone had an example where a player blatantly tried to giveaway and the deck had allowed it. Tumbleweed rolled by.

This is what im talking about, where the player has given up, tried to just lose.... then the magic happens... ive honestly never seen one lose.... online that is...

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    LIBBYLOOSmall blind50.0050.001550.00
    TheWaddyBig blind100.00150.001300.00
    Your hole cards
    • J
    • Q
    LIBBYLOORaise150.00300.001400.00
    TheWaddyCall100.00400.001200.00
    Flop
    • J
    • J
    TheWaddyCheck
    LIBBYLOOBet400.00800.001000.00
    TheWaddyAll-in1200.002000.000.00
    LIBBYLOOCall800.002800.00200.00
    LIBBYLOOShow
    • A
    TheWaddyShow
    • J
    • Q
    Turn
    River
    TheWaddyWin highThree Jacks1400.001400.00
    LIBBYLOOWin low7-low1400.001600.00
    What would have been a more realistic turn and river card?

I recommend reading Phil Galfond's views on the matter.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    TheWaddy said:

MISTY4ME said:

48 out of 57 is a very good ratio I would say ( more than 80% ).......but then I forget that you want to, and think you should win EVERY Hand :o

All you have to do for that is to try to play as though you are SH!T when you play weekend and Bank Holidays..... but obviously not all the time B)

Yeah i would go back and re-do the figures on that one..... not the brightest bunch, its starting to become clear why you guys accept so much.....
    Oh yes..... I thought it was 20 WINS out of 28 games..... (not 28 losses) .....obviously, like you. I'm not used to seeing you and the word LOSS together ......

@Helissio2 on the other hand is evidently used to seeing that scenario on a regular basis :D
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    edited April 2023
    Ahh yes Phil Galfond backed... a player whos made a huge amount online and in his own words there 'has run poker sites'. Id expect him not to back his own cash cow, wouldnt you!!? A really good 'independent and fair view':D

I have simply requested someone put up a screenshot of someone just calling an all in with absolutely nothing against a made hand..... and losing the lot. I mean statistically, there should be lots more of these examples around than them not losing, so should be an easy one.

No-ones posted one yet though. All i was saying. Its your hands, im just posting them. My experience is absolutely, in giveaway situations (its all you can call them really), ive never seen one lose. I cant help my experience and also how unlikely it is that ive never seen one lose.
  • Options
    Sky_James; The problem that poker sites create themselves when trying to convince players its a true random deck, is the wording they use which creates suspicion... you are your own worst enemy.

I have had a site tell me that 'it would be impossible to write anything into a deck that would favour another'... yet Phil Galfond says here;

What does a punter take from that blatant lie?

• Options
    I think im being punished for asking.... 54 rivers over 2 games for one opp last night, i got 2! A recurring river avalanche last 2 days, scared to bet a thing now..... just blocks any win when they calling off.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    TheWaddy said:

I think im being punished for asking.... 54 rivers over 2 games for one opp last night, i got 2! A recurring river avalanche last 2 days, scared to bet a thing now..... just blocks any win when they calling off.

Players are obviously getting used to How you Play ..... Consequently you will have to adapt your game I'd say ...... Just SHUUUUUUURRVE and pretend your playing BINGO :o;):D
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    The weekend deck has now been enabled.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 525
    edited April 2023
    I'm surprised p
    NoseyBonk said:

The weekend deck has now been enabled.

Thanks for letting me know. I've been looking for an opportunity to hold the £1 lobby.

I don't know why I'm bothering to type this, but op needs to understand weekends play very differently. I've played every night this week, with low variance winnings Mon-Thurs. The weekend is massively swingy and it has everything to do with the fun players: playing 20nl, I was down £60 early on, then up to £110 profit and finished about £70 up. Some huge pots played against holdings that shouldn't even see a flop, let alone get to a river - but that's how recs having a few beers play. It's why I made more than I average Mon-Thurs.

Q for you op: let's say you have a high winrate at HUSNG of 75%. What is the probability of you winning 17 in a row? Next, what's the probability of you having two such streaks in a 100 game sample?
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,538
    When you chat all the time with your opponents the answer is...

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,400
    More solid proof for the @TheWaddy.

• Options
    Ive been told by sites that the reason players hit so often is that there are alot of bad players online that call too much and you see more hands.... its a strange explanation, purely for the fact that most poker books will tell you that is the exact recipe you want to make alot of money. Getting through as many hands you can with players calling badly.

Howard Plant (used to do the crazy dart board at Chester and Haydock races and appeared on Ch4 Late Night Poker) used to quote: Players who chase straights and flushes, go home on national buses....

Weekends and Bank Hols should be the time to make hay. Circa 2008 i used to play in a home game on a Friday night, be home for around 1am and look forward to a guaranteed $100 in $20 heads up games. Because the drunks used to on in abundance and just call off very, very poorly.

In them days, they hit something 'now and then', all within normal variance. You cant do that now, it just doesnt happen that way, its just a constant stream of sub 20% chances.

Ive played online since 2003, ive been there through the lot, huge amount of experience on alot of sites.

Alot of you will be players that started after 2010... you will know no different. Things happen the same... you get through as many hands, players still call far too often, they overplay hands aggresively.... same recipe... massively different results.

That is my experience, that is the facts of what has happened to me. I interpret it the way it seems obvious... as it was an immediate thing after Black Friday, not a gradual thing. If this offends anyone, i apologise!

I just think the vast majority of you guys have not played through the years to see the huge difference.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    edited April 2023
    TheWaddy said:

Ive been told by sites that the reason players hit so often is that there are alot of bad players online that call too much and you see more hands.... its a strange explanation, purely for the fact that most poker books will tell you that is the exact recipe you want to make alot of money. Getting through as many hands you can with players calling badly.

Howard Plant (used to do the crazy dart board at Chester and Haydock races and appeared on Ch4 Late Night Poker) used to quote: Players who chase straights and flushes, go home on national buses....

Weekends and Bank Hols should be the time to make hay. Circa 2008 i used to play in a home game on a Friday night, be home for around 1am and look forward to a guaranteed $100 in $20 heads up games. Because the drunks used to on in abundance and just call off very, very poorly.

In them days, they hit something 'now and then', all within normal variance. You cant do that now, it just doesnt happen that way, its just a constant stream of sub 20% chances.

Ive played online since 2003, ive been there through the lot, huge amount of experience on alot of sites.

Alot of you will be players that started after 2010... you will know no different. Things happen the same... you get through as many hands, players still call far too often, they overplay hands aggresively.... same recipe... massively different results.

That is my experience, that is the facts of what has happened to me. I interpret it the way it seems obvious... as it was an immediate thing after Black Friday, not a gradual thing. If this offends anyone, i apologise!

I just think the vast majority of you guys have not played through the years to see the huge difference.

I think people pity you rather than get offended by you.

I have more experience.
    The reason i don’t win much these days and play lower stakes is probably for the same reasons that you play micro stakes.
    It isn’t because of bank holiday decks or ‘impossible’ outcomes happening on a regular basis

It’s because i don’t study and others do and they are a lot better at poker than me.
    The difference is that i realise that. You’d rather blame everything else and don’t consider it may be down to you.
  • Options
    That is your experience and that is your reasoning for YOUR situation.

You have your clique flashing up the 'likes' for you, thats cool. Im not sure how players calling an all in with just an inside straight draw is being 'better at poker' than me and refusing to accept that is delusional, but hey each to their own!

The change was instantaneous from Black Friday, the odds i believe, stayed the same. I did continue for 2yrs, but the run did not end, the odds did not even out in the long run though i wanted to believe they would. The players remained awful, your reasoning is that they are better because they hit what they need more often, this is not how it works.

So we combat it with 2 pot game, one pot that you are guaranteed a portion back if you have the nuts so you can not be completely shafted and keep it for leisure only.

Its all i have to say on the subject as clearly we are getting nowhere! Inexperience of poker pre black friday and site brown nosing for your own gain, is clearly the way it is on forums.

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    TheWaddy said:

Its all i have to say on the subject as clearly we are getting nowhere!

Well that took a while! :D
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    TheWaddy said:

That is your experience and that is your reasoning for YOUR situation.

You have your clique flashing up the 'likes' for you, thats cool. Im not sure how players calling an all in with just an inside straight draw is being 'better at poker' than me and refusing to accept that is delusional, but hey each to their own!

The change was instantaneous from Black Friday, the odds i believe, stayed the same. I did continue for 2yrs, but the run did not end, the odds did not even out in the long run though i wanted to believe they would. The players remained awful, your reasoning is that they are better because they hit what they need more often, this is not how it works.

So we combat it with 2 pot game, one pot that you are guaranteed a portion back if you have the nuts so you can not be completely shafted and keep it for leisure only.

Its all i have to say on the subject as clearly we are getting nowhere! Inexperience of poker pre black friday and site brown nosing for your own gain, is clearly the way it is on forums.

Wasting my time as conspiracy theorists will never change their views.

Just to correct you. I have played poker for a lot longer than you and so don’t lack experience.
    And disagreeing with you doesn’t constitute brown nosing a site.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 525
    On the contrary, the majority of players telling you that you don't understand variance are the most experienced. Win rates went down post-BF, largely due to rich American fun players leaving the pool and the availability of training materials. People got a lot better. You only have to look at the way micro stakes hands are discussed now on 2+2 compared to 15 years ago. Many of the breakeven regs at 20nl/30nl on Sky would have crushed 100/200 back in the day.

You'll also note many people commenting here have been critical of the Sky software and some of the promos. We play here because we like the sense of community and the soft games.

You didn't answer my probability questions by the way.
  • Options
    I have nothing further to say m'lud.... i will leave it to the jury....
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Mind u, when they come at this rate i have to show;

We had this classly played hand, by a player who plays hi lo alot;
    EmperorSexSmall blind30.0030.00910.00
    TheWaddyBig blind60.0090.002000.00
    Your hole cards
    EmperorSexRaise150.00240.00760.00
    TheWaddyCall120.00360.001880.00
    Flop
    • A
    TheWaddyCheck
    EmperorSexBet360.00720.00400.00
    TheWaddyRaise1440.002160.00440.00
    EmperorSexAll-in400.002560.000.00
    TheWaddyUnmatched bet680.001880.001120.00
    EmperorSexShow
    • K
    • J
    • A
    TheWaddyShow
    Turn
    River
    EmperorSexWin highTwo Pairs, Aces and 5s940.00940.00
    TheWaddyWin low7-low940.002060.00
    Inexplicable to me, but one that we know from Helissio too, successful online players. Its a play that should leave you stone broke at hi lo, but online seems to be quite successful and one players even like to argue they are correct.

So i type in chat box 'that will qualify you for major help at least'... now shortly after we have this, as im never wrong on these after a giveaway attempt like that heads up. Would i be able to say that and then get this hand with my deck from Nathans Newsagents at my kitchen table heads up?
    TheWaddySmall blind30.0030.001610.00
    EmperorSexBig blind60.0090.001300.00
    Your hole cards
    TheWaddyRaise90.00180.001520.00
    EmperorSexCall60.00240.001240.00
    Flop
    EmperorSexBet240.00480.001000.00
    TheWaddyRaise960.001440.00560.00
    EmperorSexAll-in1000.002440.000.00
    TheWaddyCall280.002720.00280.00
    TheWaddyShow
    EmperorSexShow
    Turn
    River
    EmperorSexWin highFull House, 5s and 2s2720.002720.00
    No qualifying low hand
    My psychic ability is just spot on.... but cant do it in real life.

The set up like this always comes after a giveaway attempt that was let off.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    I thought your exploit was to never raise when there’s still cards to come? Are you losing faith?
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,782
    edited April 2023
    that second hand is wonderful from the villain, you shoulda never have been raising pre with such a **** hand, sure your low is ok, but that 8 is just floating out there on its own @TheWaddy

first one, he has top pair plus the flush draw, once you check (to reraise, which is cool play imo), he is pot commited once he bets, not really sure why you find it so staggering, he has top pair plus the nut flush draw.......sometimes you just need that wee slice of luck.