You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Popped in to play a session after a few months....

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    edited April 2023
    I'm sorry to say it T'Waddy, but why don't you go back to inviting a friend round for a £1 HUp game at home?

..... Oh yes I realise no one would want to come round and be bored to death drinking Orange Squash..... and listening to you telling them 'How SH!T they are' ...... and why did they play that hand like that ........when they beat you and take your 'Highly Prized £1'

Good luck in your quest to convince one person that you are right :s
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    bbMike said:

I thought your exploit was to never raise when there’s still cards to come? Are you losing faith?

Im not raising High straights, flushes, wrap draws(as i absolutely should)... but when someones going mad all in with a pair and a flush draw on an all low board heads up... you kind of feel safe with a made FH, you know?

Would be fine plastic deck.

Green_Beer, its hi lo heads up mate, its staggering cos he is clearly all in knowing his pair/draw has to improve just to get his chips back... its a situation in hi lo where i have a 'freeroll', you have one pot tied up and are drawing to scoop, its bread and butter hi lo..... are you sure its a **** hand heads up preflop???? Its not premium but certainly can not be described as ****! Full ring game maybe, not heads up... with a plastic deck...
  • Options
    Heres an example of 'i know what he has and i know what will come if i reraise or call' online situation. This guy plays hold em within a hi lo game. He only raises preflop with high pairs.

So he has 99, 10 10, JJ, QQ KK AA here. That is what he is piling in with.

I know from experience, it simply will not allow this giveaway. Turn/river is giving him trips or he will hold something like JJ and it will come 99 or 88 or something. Anyway hes not losing.

So i fold, not even a thought, though i know im ahead and i know what he has.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    HYPNOTISTSmall blind30.0030.00930.00
    TheWaddyBig blind60.0090.001980.00
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    HYPNOTISTRaise150.00240.00780.00
    TheWaddyCall120.00360.001860.00
    Flop
    TheWaddyCheck
    HYPNOTISTBet360.00720.00420.00
    TheWaddyFold
    HYPNOTISTMuck
    HYPNOTISTWin360.00780.00
    HYPNOTISTReturn360.000.001140.00
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,782
    edited April 2023
    TheWaddy said:

bbMike said:

I thought your exploit was to never raise when there’s still cards to come? Are you losing faith?

Im not raising High straights, flushes, wrap draws(as i absolutely should)... but when someones going mad all in with a pair and a flush draw on an all low board heads up... you kind of feel safe with a made FH, you know?

Would be fine plastic deck.

Green_Beer, its hi lo heads up mate, its staggering cos he is clearly all in knowing his pair/draw has to improve just to get his chips back... its a situation in hi lo where i have a 'freeroll', you have one pot tied up and are drawing to scoop, its bread and butter hi lo..... are you sure its a **** hand heads up preflop???? Its not premium but certainly can not be described as ****! Full ring game maybe, not heads up... with a plastic deck...

as you have said loadsa times its a 1£ HU, everyone who plays those games and has raised the flop, after the opponent has checked, is gonna call to chase their draw.....i agree his bet was not a good bet, he shoulda checked behind, hoping to hit the nut flush on turn esp with no made low hand.......but after he bets he is always gonna call, i would never describe that as staggering, just standard you woud kinda expect.....im not saying it is correct play, i liked how you played that hand.

the 5248 hand, if double suited, could make a case for your play, but would prefer a check, call rather than a raise fold or raise call....i dont think its strong enough to play against a pot reraise.........2 gapper and decent low, but defo not a raise if a rainbow.....even with the bank holiday deck :)

• Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,782
    edited April 2023
    @TheWaddy

maybe the hypnotist has made the nut low, holding the A34A and thinks he is freerolling like you were in the 10,8,3,2 hand......sure you coulda called one time to hit your full house.......what you got a 25% chance or something to hit by the river..........imo it was a good fold, you have no low to shoot at and could be behind to a set, or about to lose to a st8 as well as the low pot.
  • Options
    Sometimes you make decisions purely on the player and the many times you have played them HU... Sometimes you are making decisions purely on your notes, not what would be correct play in most situations.

Put that together with what the deck is likely to do in these situations (you can be offended, defend it, etc...but when you have vast experience of it consistently doing one thing over another, it becomes a part of the decision), then conventional play can go out the window.

Im always folding 2 7 5 on a 3 pair flop against almost everyone, but point was i absolutely knew he had an overpair but still didnt go with it....
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,256
    Come back @misterpj all is forgiven.
  • Options
    Heres one of the examples i would like to be able to bet on, once all in on the turn. It had already given the opponent several saves on the river, so i knew we were getting a flush here, despite us holding 2 'blocker' clubs between us....

I mean i dont mind sites saying its audited, its technically impossible to write in help (its not, Phil Galfond confirmed this, though sites say it), but lets just be able to bet on it at the odds it is to do it! Problem solved, no-one would ever question it ever again!

I mean you can bet on just about everything as they have developed sites over the years form slots to baseball..... but not predictable poker outcomes.... odd huh....
    RoshamboSmall blind30.0030.00932.50
    TheWaddyBig blind60.0090.001977.50
    Your hole cards
    RoshamboCall30.00120.00902.50
    TheWaddyCheck
    Flop
    TheWaddyCheck
    RoshamboBet60.00180.00842.50
    TheWaddyCall60.00240.001917.50
    Turn
    TheWaddyCheck
    RoshamboBet120.00360.00722.50
    TheWaddyRaise600.00960.001317.50
    RoshamboAll-in722.501682.500.00
    TheWaddyCall242.501925.001075.00
    RoshamboShow
    TheWaddyShow
    River
    RoshamboWin highFlush to the 10962.50962.50
    TheWaddyWin low7-low962.502037.50
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,397
    Your have the ability to predict exactly what happened after it happened.

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Raising before the river again, huge blunder
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,282
    I'm waiting for Waddy to post his prediction for this evenings Euromillions numbers.......
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    bbMike said:

Raising before the river again, huge blunder

Your kind of acknowledging the fact by highlighting it? You see what happens if you do... clearly you are.... its nut hi with decent low, its the turn... im raising.... if its flop or preflop, im not playing big pots with so many cards to come.... but you are correct in your comment (again), that if you raise big and they try and giveaway.... it auto blocks. Glad your putting this up 'again'.
    Enut said:

I'm waiting for Waddy to post his prediction for this evenings Euromillions numbers.......

As ive said, the psychic abilities are not working in real life, just on virtual card decks.... it is an odd one, i agree,
    mumsie said:

Your have the ability to predict exactly what happened after it happened.

Im putting up examples of players simply trying to lose... but cant. I have invited players to put up examples of trying to giveaway were it wasnt blocked... but no-one has managed to find one yet. Ive never seen one, so may be waiting some time..... many. many, many were they tried and failed. Its very odd and quite a phenomenom, given the combined odds...

So im predicting in advance actually, that i will see another before a giveaway attempt actually succeeds.... this is the thing about variance you see... it kind of should be varied instead of one outcome.
  • Options
    Do you honestly not play in games where you are 2500-500 ahead but know 100% you cant possibly win that game? Even write it in chat box in advance.

Thats why we will never be allowed to bet on it.....
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,397
    Oh, so thats why.
  • Options
    This is the type of hand id like to bet on to scoop, preflop, on seeing the holdings after placed all in. Could not stop him winning endless no hopers, so knew what was going to happen here;
    TheWaddySmall blind200.00200.002460.00
    yorkie63Big blind340.00540.000.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • J
    TheWaddyRaise600.001140.001860.00
    TheWaddyUnmatched bet460.00680.002320.00
    TheWaddyShow
    • A
    • J
    yorkie63Show
    Flop
    • Q
    Turn
    River
    • Q
    yorkie63Win highThree 9s680.00680.00
    No qualifying low hand
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,086
    No-hoper?

You are 51% to scoop, he is 21% to scoop, with a 28% chance of a split pot.

PLO8 nearly always gives a decent chance to the weaker hand. Like here.
  • Options
    JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 234
    There is a lesson in here somewhere :D
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,256
    JammyFker said:

There is a lesson in here somewhere :D

There is but I doubt it will be heeded.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 525
    Waddy, was a plastic deck used in the freeroll last night? You would need to win 20 straight HUSNG for a £40 cash. Maybe all your bad luck reversed last night? Or did the online deck prevent you from winning?

How many all ins did you win to make the FT?
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,537
    If you complain enough they let you win ! Shut you up. Free Toll ....