You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Anyone for quads... how bout 3 in one HU game...

Comments

• Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    edited April 2023
    anyway back to the poker..... (and no she doesnt have 50% locked up, poker is not really your subject is it)
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,541

The tinkering with the R.N.G. making it do what you are suggesting. Mmm!

Or is the Cookie Cleaner disturbing the Spiders that are holding everything together.

We would all love a new truly random number generator but for now, we are stuck with

"The care in the community one."

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,727
    TheWaddy said:

tomgoodun said:

How does that hand fit with the narrative on this thread?

I would say it fits perfectly....
    Ok, now I’m confused.
    How about the second hand I posted - 10 J v 10 7 on a 10hi flop?

I’m trying to follow the narrative, I really am, but I don’t quite get the gist of it.
    Does the worst hand pre win, the biggest stack, the shortest stack, the middle stack, the most bounties, the least bounties?

Or….any of the above?
  • Options
    Its all about changing the lead several times (maximising rake, it all runs off the same deck before you say its a tournament), sharing out the wins (keeping as many on site as possible) and maintaining customer numbers.

The boy Galfond in the clip even agreed player traffic is paramount to a site over everything else. You can find ways to combat the fact its trying to share out the wins and be a winning player by not falling for the situations where you are being set up to lose big. You can spot these as in the AA25 example above. The deck can only do so much to help an opponent, it cant control the bets and calls. So you avoid the obvious spots.

If you have ever played the 6.30pm freeroll with its unrelenting runners and incredible hands, then im not sure why a seasoned player could ever think that it was all normal. This tourn highlights online poker for what it is, as so many are prepared to pump or dump.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Anyway on to the next one; This guy hit no fewer than 13 rivers to survive by either splitting or scooping at various odds throughout the game. It would not let him lose. He miraculously won the game.... by hiting a silly river.... But on the plus side another for the collection;
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    yorkie63Small blind50.0050.001120.00
    TheWaddyBig blind100.00150.001730.00
    Your hole cards
    yorkie63Call50.00200.001070.00
    TheWaddyCheck
    Flop
    TheWaddyCheck
    yorkie63Check
    Turn
    TheWaddyCheck
    yorkie63Check
    River
    TheWaddyBet200.00400.001530.00
    yorkie63Fold
    TheWaddyMuck
    TheWaddyWin200.001730.00
    TheWaddyReturn200.000.001930.00
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Even had one of his own in the many. many attempts he made to lose. Notice he was the one who went all in, not me.... its simply never gonna allow a giveaway that cheaply as we have discussed. Still no-one has managed to post a hand were they WERE allowed to giveaway and it not blocked.;
    TheWaddySmall blind100.00100.001360.00
    yorkie63Big blind200.00300.001340.00
    Your hole cards
    TheWaddyCall100.00400.001260.00
    yorkie63Check
    Flop
    • K
    yorkie63Bet400.00800.00940.00
    TheWaddyCall400.001200.00860.00
    Turn
    yorkie63All-in940.002140.000.00
    TheWaddyAll-in860.003000.000.00
    yorkie63Unmatched bet80.002920.0080.00
    TheWaddyShow
    yorkie63Show
    River
    yorkie63Win highFour 6s1460.001540.00
    TheWaddyWin low6-low1460.001460.00
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,727
    TheWaddy said:

Its all about changing the lead several times (maximising rake, it all runs off the same deck before you say its a tournament), sharing out the wins (keeping as many on site as possible) and maintaining customer numbers.

The boy Galfond in the clip even agreed player traffic is paramount to a site over everything else. You can find ways to combat the fact its trying to share out the wins and be a winning player by not falling for the situations where you are being set up to lose big. You can spot these as in the AA25 example above. The deck can only do so much to help an opponent, it cant control the bets and calls. So you avoid the obvious spots.

If you have ever played the 6.30pm freeroll with its unrelenting runners and incredible hands, then im not sure why a seasoned player could ever think that it was all normal. This tourn highlights online poker for what it is, as so many are prepared to pump or dump.

In the first hand I posted, do you think the AK guy and the A10 guy would be more, or less inclined to play ( keeping as many on site as possible)
  • Options
    Swinging from tree to tree is not helping. ?

• Options
    tomgoodun said:

TheWaddy said:

In the first hand I posted, do you think the AK guy and the A10 guy would be more, or less inclined to play ( keeping as many on site as possible)
    The average player is here for a bit of excitement, but is a terrible player. There is much more terrible players than good. Therefore it satisfies the needs of the majority, rather than very much the minority of solid winning players. Poor leisure players are winning plenty of these in similar situations, their fix is fulfilled.

Solid players. like me inc, accept it as we can combat the onslaught by playing savvy. Everyones a winner!
  • Options
    tum te tum te tum.. the handful of games are giving me so much ammo today.... nice turn and river here, what would it be like if we had enhanced hands too? Wouldnt that be something....
    hague17Small blind10.0010.001580.00
    TheWaddyBig blind20.0030.001390.00
    Your hole cards
    hague17Call10.0040.001570.00
    TheWaddyCheck
    Flop
    TheWaddyCheck
    hague17Bet40.0080.001530.00
    TheWaddyCall40.00120.001350.00
    Turn
    TheWaddyCheck
    hague17Check
    River
    TheWaddyBet120.00240.001230.00
    hague17Raise480.00720.001050.00
    TheWaddyAll-in1230.001950.000.00
    hague17All-in1050.003000.000.00
    hague17Unmatched bet180.002820.00180.00
    hague17Show
    • Q
    TheWaddyShow
    TheWaddyWin highFour 3s2820.002820.00
    No qualifying low hand
  • Options
    It's about having fun and enjoying yourself ..... " WHY " they letting you win all the time.!

• Options
    Who wants another? EssexPhil? Jac? Mr Bean?
    TheWaddySmall blind10.0010.001880.00
    ginn07Big blind20.0030.001090.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    TheWaddyRaise30.0060.001850.00
    ginn07Call20.0080.001070.00
    Flop
    • J
    ginn07Check
    TheWaddyBet60.00140.001790.00
    ginn07Call60.00200.001010.00
    Turn
    ginn07Check
    TheWaddyCheck
    River
    • J
    ginn07Check
    TheWaddyBet200.00400.001590.00
    ginn07Fold
    TheWaddyMuck
    TheWaddyWin200.001790.00
    TheWaddyReturn200.000.001990.00
    Is anyone prepared to say this is quite something? Just an acknowledgement of something from the 'poker experts'? Maybe even Channing might want to comment on the unusual amount?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    It all appears to be a smokescreen, as im going through one of the worst runs HU ive ever experienced, losing to players that are playing in a manner that just couldnt get through a slow structured omaha hi lo game and win..... it really just doesnt add up.....
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    TheWaddy said:

It all appears to be a smokescreen, as im going through one of the worst runs HU ive ever experienced, losing to players that are playing in a manner that just couldnt get through a slow structured omaha hi lo game and win..... it really just doesnt add up.....

At least you're getting Lots'o'Quads LISA ...... tho' if you're going through one of the worst runs you've ever experienced, maybe you should just FOLD them LISA :o
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,098
    On Page 1 of this thread, you mistakenly claimed the chances of getting quads in PLO was 0.0048%. Or about 1 in 20,000 hands. I pointed out it was about 1 in 200 hands.

So-if you play 200 hands of PLO/PLO8 a day to the river, you are going to hold quads on average once a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Nothing remarkable. At all.

Why are you on a bad run? That's simple. You are making adjustments about your fantasy "deviation" from the typical runout of cards.

You believe that Sky, whose technology appears to consist of a Sinclair Spectrum and a Rubber Band, somehow has the technological knowhow (as well as the desire) to manipulate the outcome of cards.

Which is causing you to play badly. So-carry on in your belief. By all means. Keep convincing yourself you are right, and everyone else is wrong.

It's your money. Play it how you like. I think you overestimate the amount of terrible players there are on here. They reduce every year. Must still be some at £1 Heads Up. Making adjustments based on reads on particular players is entirely sensible.

Making adjustments based on your perception of the deck being skewed? No. That is setting fire to money. But it's your money.
  • Options
    To raise when u should is setting fire to money online my friend....

Another site says;

In Omaha, getting quads isn’t so easy. You should get them roughly 0.2 percent of the time. To ensure you get to showdown, only check and call with your sets or quads on all streets.

Im gonna maintain its unusual, this suggests 500-1.... but it appears no-one really knows the actual odds as you eggheads come up with differing views... but as this says, it isnt easy.

Depends what deck you using to what the odds are, would be an explanation to all the differing views.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,098
    TheWaddy said:

To raise when u should is setting fire to money online my friend....

Another site says;

In Omaha, getting quads isn’t so easy. You should get them roughly 0.2 percent of the time. To ensure you get to showdown, only check and call with your sets or quads on all streets.

Im gonna maintain its unusual, this suggests 500-1.... but it appears no-one really knows the actual odds as you eggheads come up with differing views... but as this says, it isnt easy.

Depends what deck you using to what the odds are, would be an explanation to all the differing views.

The 0.2% figure is because people assume you are folding a lot of hands pre-flop and on the flop. True for MTTs-but not for HU poker. The frequency depends on how many hands you fold. Which, in HU, is not many.

The advice is terrible. The aim is to get your opponent to commit as many chips as possible, particularly where there is no definite low hand. How you achieve that is almost entirely player dependant. And who on God's Earth is going to just call on the river? That suggests you should play sets and quads the same way :)

Anyway-bored of this now. You keep playing your £1 games the way you want.
  • Options
    No one said, saving wild life would be easy......do it for David Attenborough. hic!
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    Essexphil said:

On Page 1 of this thread, you mistakenly claimed the chances of getting quads in PLO was 0.0048%. Or about 1 in 20,000 hands. I pointed out it was about 1 in 200 hands.

So-if you play 200 hands of PLO/PLO8 a day to the river, you are going to hold quads on average once a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Nothing remarkable. At all.

Why are you on a bad run? That's simple. You are making adjustments about your fantasy "deviation" from the typical runout of cards.

You believe that Sky, whose technology appears to consist of a Sinclair Spectrum and a Rubber Band, somehow has the technological knowhow (as well as the desire) to manipulate the outcome of cards.

Which is causing you to play badly. So-carry on in your belief. By all means. Keep convincing yourself you are right, and everyone else is wrong.

It's your money. Play it how you like. I think you overestimate the amount of terrible players there are on here. They reduce every year. Must still be some at £1 Heads Up. Making adjustments based on reads on particular players is entirely sensible.

Making adjustments based on your perception of the deck being skewed? No. That is setting fire to money. But it's your money.

I think your are being remarkably unkind to Sir Clive......
This discussion has been closed.