You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

In heads up SNG's, should we be able to have the decision whether to play the game or decline?

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,116
    TheWaddy said:

So he will basically do this playin hold em with just a pair. Then we have the super enhanced hand, exciting stuff....

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    TheWaddySmall blind20.0020.001810.00
    Elliot4444Big blind40.0060.001130.00
    Your hole cards
    TheWaddyCall20.0080.001790.00
    Elliot4444Raise80.00160.001050.00
    TheWaddyCall80.00240.001710.00
    Flop
    • K
    Elliot4444Bet240.00480.00810.00
    TheWaddyRaise960.001440.00750.00
    Elliot4444All-in810.002250.000.00
    TheWaddyCall90.002340.00660.00
    TheWaddyShow
    Elliot4444Show
    • J
    • J
    • Q
    Turn
    River
    • J
    Elliot4444Win highFull House, Jacks and 10s2340.002340.00
    No qualifying low hand
    These 2 hands are easily explained.

In hand 1 you are failing to take account of his stack size. Given how short he is, the chips are bound to go in. I know that. And you must know that, surely. He got lucky. That happens.

In hand 2, he was a 66% favourite pre-flop. And a 67% favourite when all the money went in. Remind me-what do you think he did wrong again?
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    Oh I've gotta get into this!

1) I understand Omaha but I don't understand Hi/Lo
    2) My real first name is Elliot

I could make a killing :smiley:
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    Essexphil said:

TheWaddy said:

So he will basically do this playin hold em with just a pair. Then we have the super enhanced hand, exciting stuff....

TheWaddySmall blind20.0020.001810.00
    Elliot4444Big blind40.0060.001130.00
    Your hole cards
    TheWaddyCall20.0080.001790.00
    Elliot4444Raise80.00160.001050.00
    TheWaddyCall80.00240.001710.00
    Flop
    • K
    Elliot4444Bet240.00480.00810.00
    TheWaddyRaise960.001440.00750.00
    Elliot4444All-in810.002250.000.00
    TheWaddyCall90.002340.00660.00
    TheWaddyShow
    Elliot4444Show
    • J
    • J
    • Q
    Turn
    River
    • J
    Elliot4444Win highFull House, Jacks and 10s2340.002340.00
    No qualifying low hand
    These 2 hands are easily explained.

In hand 1 you are failing to take account of his stack size. Given how short he is, the chips are bound to go in. I know that. And you must know that, surely. He got lucky. That happens.

In hand 2, he was a 66% favourite pre-flop. And a 67% favourite when all the money went in. Remind me-what do you think he did wrong again?
    Strange reply but here we go then.... i think probably hand 2 relates to the enhanced hands we have... not that i was unlucky.... u know he flops nuts, i take lead turn, he gets a 2 out river... amazing stuff for a heads up game.... U think i thought i was unlucky after chips went in? seriously?

Hand 1, hes doing that alllllll game, regardless of stack sizes etc.

Phil me ol' china, it is not a wsop table.... its a novice pressing buttons.... and a deck that is truly magical. Your analysis is just not seeing what im saying! Each hand is to demonstrate, what he was prepared to play big pots with, and what enhanced magic we have to endure.... there is no claims of unluckiness, just games that follow a certain directive.

Ive said all along the hardest games to win against heads up are those who have never played before.... because of the enhanced hand situation .... u know, when u flop a nut straight with a flush draw and all game they will be all in with top pair there all day..... if they get away with a few, id get it, but its numerous....
  • Options
    You win the majority of games you play.

There are only 2 ways that can happen. Either:-

1. You get chips in with the better hand the majority if the time, and it holds the majority of the time
    2. You get it in with rubbish, and get lucky

I'm perfectly happy to believe, at the stakes you play, the answer is 1. Whereas you seem to believe that is not true. That either 2 is true, or that (due to your total failure to comprehend maths and probability) the better hand should hold 100% of the time.

You have all these fantasies about online poker being rigged. Instead of working on your game.

You believe that the reason you dare not play at higher stakes is because of the online deck. Instead of working on your game.

You spend countless hours trying to show that something is amiss. Instead of working on your game.

Can you see a common theme here?

Don't know why you don't listen to the people trying to help. Or, if you are unable to admit that you are wrong, quietly working on your game.
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,788
    NoseyBonk said:

Oh I've gotta get into this!

1) I understand Omaha but I don't understand Hi/Lo
    2) My real first name is Elliot

I could make a killing :smiley:

its a great game.....i love limit O8.
  • Options
    @TheWaddy its not enhanced hands.....its just a mixture of sometimes bad play and sometimes bad luck......imo

the 1st hand is awful from both players, apart from your call on the flop, that was real good but the preflop and turn play, yuck.......the second hand- mistake was reraising the flop, thats a call all day long, sure you might still double him up by the river, but its a bad play imo on the flop, a jam on the turn woulda been much more impressive, it cost you the hand, the third hand is straight up unlucky........
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,484
    Seek help
  • Options
    @Jac35 my comment wasny that bad was it. :)

• Options
    SCOTFOXSCOTFOX Member Posts: 189
    Waddy do you have a 'real life' or do you just sit in an armchair getting depressed 24/7? You remind me of an annoying kid at school!

• Options
    SCOTFOX said:

Waddy do you have a 'real life' or do you just sit in an armchair getting depressed 24/7? You remind me of an annoying kid at school!

When I was at school I never encountered anything as annoying as listening to moaning about poker hand outcomes!
  • Options
    Spike4000Spike4000 Member Posts: 280
    i just lost AA vs AQs
    earlier i also won K-J vs KK.

It's variance...
  • Options
    Its a shame that the

@TheWaddy its not enhanced hands.....its just a mixture of sometimes bad play and sometimes bad luck......imo

the 1st hand is awful from both players, apart from your call on the flop, that was real good but the preflop and turn play, yuck.......the second hand- mistake was reraising the flop, thats a call all day long, sure you might still double him up by the river, but its a bad play imo on the flop, a jam on the turn woulda been much more impressive, it cost you the hand, the third hand is straight up unlucky........

You would be right, but yourself and Essexphil appear not to be able to take into account of who i am playing, the fact that they are totally ignoring low hands and are just calling moderate hold em hands.... you kind of have to adjust to who u are playing, you know?

There is simply no point in commenting on what ive done right or wrong, as if i was playing a hi lo player, of course my decisions would be totally different,
  • Options
    Spike4000 said:

i just lost AA vs AQs
    earlier i also won K-J vs KK.

It's variance...

If you think hold em all ins preflop is somehow similar odds to a heads up hi lo hand... where one flops nuts, the other takes lead turn.... then the other hits a 2 out river.... one can be indeed explained as variance if you see it that way.... the other when happening 2 or 3 times in one game is just well, not explained off as variance as its highly unlikely and happening at a tremendous rate and no signs of slowing down.
  • Options
    SCOTFOX said:

Please dont hit me :o
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

You win the majority of games you play.

There are only 2 ways that can happen. Either:-

1. You get chips in with the better hand the majority if the time, and it holds the majority of the time
    2. You get it in with rubbish, and get lucky

I'm perfectly happy to believe, at the stakes you play, the answer is 1. Whereas you seem to believe that is not true. That either 2 is true, or that (due to your total failure to comprehend maths and probability) the better hand should hold 100% of the time.

You have all these fantasies about online poker being rigged. Instead of working on your game.

You believe that the reason you dare not play at higher stakes is because of the online deck. Instead of working on your game.

You spend countless hours trying to show that something is amiss. Instead of working on your game.

Can you see a common theme here?

Don't know why you don't listen to the people trying to help. Or, if you are unable to admit that you are wrong, quietly working on your game.

I win games by taking into account and adjusting the online odds. I get players to call off when im strong and there is no cards left to come. Thats how i win games. If i am forced to play big pots with cards left to come, im not going to make a profit.... even if im a strong a favourite as i can ever wish to be. Sometimes in the heat of the game i forget this, especially if frustrated by a player chasing and hitting rainbows over and over.

This is accepted, but obviously, majorly disappointing to have this part of the game taken away from me and having to play differently to ensure a profit.
  • Options
    Whenever i read replies, ive always had an example just minutes ago.... strange that huh?

Here we have a chase into oblivion, for the game win.... any hi lo player will know he is playing just to get his chips back if he hits.....

We know Phil and Beer that the turn has not helped my hand and i should have done this and that.... but lets look at the opponent, what he is chasing and what he should know in that he is playing for half... and keep to the point.
    TheWaddySmall blind20.0020.001960.00
    kash2809Big blind40.0060.00980.00
    Your hole cards
    TheWaddyRaise60.00120.001900.00
    kash2809Call40.00160.00940.00
    Flop
    kash2809Check
    TheWaddyCheck
    Turn
    kash2809Bet160.00320.00780.00
    TheWaddyRaise640.00960.001260.00
    kash2809Call480.001440.00300.00
    River
    kash2809All-in300.001740.000.00
    TheWaddyRaise600.002340.00660.00
    TheWaddyUnmatched bet300.002040.00960.00
    TheWaddyShow
    kash2809Show
    kash2809Win highFull House, 8s and 4s1020.001020.00
    TheWaddyWin low6-low1020.001980.00
  • Options
    Care to share a chart of the 'online odds'? I only know (vaguely these days as I haven't played in a while but thinking of getting back) the mathematical odds, which I did think applied to plastic or online.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    They would not apply to you, as you take it as real.

An example would be a flopped high straight at hi lo..... there would be a variety of odds of a win plastic deck circa 52%+..... i can tell you online those chances stand at around 1%. Im gonna be fair as i have seen maybe 2 hold.

Therefore major adjustment required.
  • Options
    This has nothing to do with adjusting play according to the player. And everything to do with how poker works. Live or online. Because it is easy to hide behind pretending to adjust according to the player while playing suboptimally-against that player, as well as good players. Because we all do that-just some do it less than others.

If you never play against good players, your game fails to develop. And you get left behind. Still paddling in the Nursery pool. A little fish feasting on the teeny tiny fish. While pretending you're a shark.

It could be that you are right. And everyone else is wrong. It could be that people who play at 10x your stakes. 10 x as often. And make 100 x your profit. Are all wrong. Because there are several people on this and the various other threads where you come out with your theories as to why you can no longer play against meaningful players for meaningful stakes who meet all of those criteria. And more.

Although it does rather beg the question as to why they win as much as they do. While you cannot.

Soooo much easier blaming someone else. Something else. Anything else. Blaming the deck. That people can't fully appreciate how you play. That adverse results happen at "a tremendous rate". As opposed to, say a 70/30 hand losing 30% of the time.

• Options
    Or indeed, a flopped hi straight on a high only board losing almost all of the time..... heads up