You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What to watch in 2024: best new TV Series/Movies.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,426
    HAYSIE said:

Sunday.
    Trigger Point | Coming January 2024 | ITV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg_YyfPAxwQ&t=2s

Its all on ITVX now.
  • Options
    edited January 29
    The Gentlemen | A new series from Guy Ritchie Official Teaser | Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnpfKsqeMrM

Guy Ritchie’s The Gentlemen Will Bring the Swagger This Spring

When does The Gentlemen premiere?
    All eight episodes of The Gentlemen premiere in March 2024.

What is The Gentlemen about?
    We meet Eddie Horniman as he inherits his father’s sizable estate… only to discover it’s part of a weed empire. Moreover, a host of unsavory elements of Britain’s criminal underworld want a piece of the operation. Determined to extricate his family from their clutches, Eddie tries to play the gangsters at their own game. However, as he gets sucked into the world of criminality, he begins to find a taste for it.

Who is in The Gentlemen cast?

In addition to James, Scodelario, and Winstone, the cast includes: Daniel Ings (I Hate Suzie), Joely Richardson (Lady Chatterley’s Lover), Vinnie Jones (Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels), Giancarlo Esposito (Better Call Saul), Chanel Cresswell (This is England), Michael Vu, Max Beesley (Hijack), Jasmine Blackborow (Marie Antoinette), Harry Goodwins (In His Hands: The Emergence), Dar Salim (The Covenant), Pearce Quigley (Detectorists), Ruby Sear, and Peter Serafinowicz (The Tick).

https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/the-gentlemen-show-release-date-photos
  • Options
    edited February 3
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

This was good, and quite funny on times.
    Some good characters amongst the cast.

CODE 37 Sex Crimes - WALTER'S INTRO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP0KQkPEUTE

I sold it to myself.
    Just started watching it again.
    There are 3 series.
    Walter Presents – Code 37: Sex Crimes

https://entertainment-focus.com/2020/06/08/walter-presents-code-37-sex-crimes-season-3-starts-on-more4-this-friday/
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,076

@HAYSIE

"Guy Ritchie’s The Gentlemen Will Bring the Swagger This Spring"

I will look forward to that, I really enjoyed the film, & Guy Ritchie always delivers.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

I will look forward to that, I really enjoyed the film, & Guy Ritchie always delivers.

Definitely something to look forward to.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

You will have to get your Netflix back @Essexphil.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:
    Top of the Sky top ten today.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Quick mention for 2 shows that I have thoroughly enjoyed.

1. Poker Face. What's not to like? A former pro poker player turns detective, as she can always tell when someone is lying. Surprisingly, the stories pay homage to Columbo, as we know whodunnit, and the fun is working out how she works it out

2. The Traitors. There is a certain level of snobbery attached to "Reality" TV. Whereas, like all other genres, a lot is rubbish and some of it is brilliant. If you've not seen it, watch the 1st 2 episodes of either Series 1 or Series 2. When you will be hooked.

Do you watch all of them Phil, or just the UK version.

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,078
    edited January 30
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

1. Poker Face. What's not to like? A former pro poker player turns detective, as she can always tell when someone is lying. Surprisingly, the stories pay homage to Columbo, as we know whodunnit, and the fun is working out how she works it out

2. The Traitors. There is a certain level of snobbery attached to "Reality" TV. Whereas, like all other genres, a lot is rubbish and some of it is brilliant. If you've not seen it, watch the 1st 2 episodes of either Series 1 or Series 2. When you will be hooked.

All of them. But the British one has been best. I would recommend starting with UK Series 1. And fast forwarding past some of the challenges. Here is a sentence I never thought I'd write:-

Claudia Winkleman is superb in this.

Series 2 is the best thing on TV so far this year. Though Series 4 of True Detective is a close 2nd.
  • Options
    edited January 30
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

All of them. But the British one has been best. I would recommend starting with UK Series 1. And fast forwarding past some of the challenges. Here is a sentence I never thought I'd write:-

Series 2 is the best thing on TV so far this year. Though Series 4 of True Detective is a close 2nd.
    I havent started on that yet, waiting for all the episodes to be available.
    Has Silent Witness had its day, or is it me?
    I started on Code 37 series 3 today.
    Watched the first 3 episodes of Trigger Point last night, will finish it tonight.

• Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

• Options
    I have only just noticed that a CH4 app has appeared.
    This is handy for me.
    I watch quite a number of the "Walter Presents" series.
    There is a much more comprehensive selection available on the app, than was previously available on demand.
    For anyone else that is interested, they come under the world drama tab, which can be found under categories, on the home page.

CODE 37 Sex Crimes - WALTER'S INTRO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP0KQkPEUTE

Walter Presents – Code 37: Sex Crimes

https://entertainment-focus.com/2020/06/08/walter-presents-code-37-sex-crimes-season-3-starts-on-more4-this-friday/

This was excellent, and had a proper ending.
  • Options
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

9 shows you need to watch if you’ve finished The Traitors

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/9-shows-you-need-to-watch-if-you-ve-finished-the-traitors/ss-BB1hquvG?ocid=msedgntp&pc=NMTS&cvid=4911dd0f597a4665b48aef32f6a901d7&ei=13#image=1
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

True Detective creator Nic Pizzolatto scathingly eviscerates ‘stupid’ Night Country

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/true-detective-creator-nic-pizzolatto-095639205.html
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

New BBC show 'better than The Traitors' is coming to UK screens in 2024

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/new-bbc-show-better-than-the-traitors-is-coming-to-uk-screens-in-2024/ar-BB1hNSeU?ocid=msedgntp&pc=NMTS&cvid=15a2fac0ad424d0a8bbd5153ba5eeab1&ei=76
  • Options
    Black Doves Trailer 2024 | Netflix | Kaira Knightley |Black Doves Series Trailer|Black Doves Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnMcG0cwTKE