You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

I could have won BGT tonight!

TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
There has been many disappointing things about playing today after 2 weeks on hol....

The main one being, if i had put my predictions of how the deck would perform and how id inevitably lose and in which manner in an envelope.... i could have won Britains Got Talent tonight and amazed Cowell into saying 'how the **** did he do that?'

So so predictable.... Congratulations to all who support the ways of online poker and therefore ensuring they are keeping this version for all to endure! I do not know why you like this silly backdoor version guys!!!!!!! Why??????!

Comments

• Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    Thank **** for that! Where have you been????

Welcome home <3
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,576
    TheWaddy said:

There has been many disappointing things about playing today after 2 weeks on hol....

The main one being, if i had put my predictions of how the deck would perform and how id inevitably lose and in which manner in an envelope.... i could have won Britains Got Talent tonight and amazed Cowell into saying 'how the **** did he do that?'

So so predictable.... Congratulations to all who support the ways of online poker and therefore ensuring they are keeping this version for all to endure! I do not know why you like this silly backdoor version guys!!!!!!! Why??????!

welcome back now I just know you would have read my okay its rigged now what thread. Part of that silly thread was specifically to get your attention for the lols. I know getting me on your side on this one would be exciting for you you probably had the reaction of
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY

until you actually read it.
  • Options
    i read a couple of posts and apparently some people actually were able to decipher what they were on about.... must be a skill!

• Options
    Final hand of the night after hours of pure silliness.... Simon please open the envelope and read it out.... Cowell opens it and says..... 'all in preflop and the bag of spanners will hit a FH, with no low'

Lets take a look...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    TheWaddySmall blind50.0050.00230.00
    TOOTRUEBig blind100.00150.002620.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • A
    TheWaddyAll-in230.00380.000.00
    TOOTRUECall180.00560.002440.00
    TheWaddyShow
    • A
    • A
    TOOTRUEShow
    • J
    Flop
    Turn
    River
    • Q
    TOOTRUEWin highFull House, 9s and 5s560.003000.00
    No qualifying low hand
    Golden Buzzerrr....yessssssssss.... tic a tape everywhere!!!!
  • Options
    as a poker player, i had seriously not missed the playstation version the past 2 weeks. Oh i enjoyed poker on holiday with the plastic deck... seriously, seriously missed proper proper poker, i didnt realise how much.... then straight back into sheds loads of silliness again.

You guys are missing out on a great game supporting this mickey mouse BS.....
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    edited October 2023
    He scoops 22.4% of the time there.

I know that. You know that. Spanners sometimes win, particularly in PLO8.

If they did not, people would not gamble with such poor hands. And you wouldn't make any money at all.

Also, you are ignoring the fact that you were so short he was right to call even with a hand as bad as that.
  • Options
    I just dont get the attraction.....
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    really hurts when you get your last 2.8bb in eh? Why not post all the hands so we can see how you got so short. Thought not.
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    TheWaddy said:

as a poker player, i had seriously not missed the playstation version the past 2 weeks. Oh i enjoyed poker on holiday with the plastic deck... seriously, seriously missed proper proper poker, i didnt realise how much.... then straight back into sheds loads of silliness again.

You guys are missing out on a great game supporting this mickey mouse BS.....

best post of the year IMO....
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

He scoops 22.4% of the time there.

I know that. You know that. Spanners sometimes win, particularly in PLO8.

If they did not, people would not gamble with such poor hands. And you wouldn't make any money at all.

Also, you are ignoring the fact that you were so short he was right to call even with a hand as bad as that.

I think you miss the point that online you can say out loud the outcome before it happens... that is the point... im calling with his hand given the blinds and chip lead... but with a real deck for 18 days, i was not able or even felt the need to predict that a FH would come in such hands.... the psychic ability only happens with online decks....

I knew after not playing online for some 3 weeks, that i would have to go through that immense amount of games were silliness would be paramount. We all know this happens after a dormant period.

Therefore i wish i could have passed Cowell my envelope with what was going to happen beforehand and took the BGT crown.

If you could answer as to why you back the mickey mouse poker so fervently? As i say passion, disappointment, etc is the reason for those who see the obvious, what is your reasoning in your defence of this?
  • Options
    Its not a biased opinion... i just won an end game there where we split for 4 hands and then i scooped to win, with every all in preflop hand being flopped straights, beaten by runner FH's etc....

Massively enhanced holdings just with 2 players heads up..... i dont get what you are seeing, if you dont see this
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    Why do you play online poker ? , i'm curious , especially with your veiws
  • Options
    its the only version i can get to play.... i got to play live for the first time in 10yrs on hol and wow, how i had missed non enhanced hands and actually got to play some poker....
  • Options
    I would like to ask EssexPhil to why at a hi lo end game do we go like 15 hands on the run all in preflop.... and us both hit premium holdings, both with spanners hand after hand... one making a flush, the other making a FH river, one having the nut low, the other making a nut flush, that type of thing over and over and over?

Even though its heads up and only 2 hands, which make unbelievable premium hands although the starting hands are just spanners? Flopped FH, u think ok its over, then runners to give a split on a half baked 7 8 low, you know hand after hand after hand?
  • Options
    Is that just normal in your book, for that to happen? Cos its very standard online for this to happen rather than not... when its something you accept as standard for 10yrs and then go back to playing with a newsagents deck, its quite a massive shock.....
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    This debate was going on until about 2008. When it was shown to be complete nonsense.

Most serious players had (or have) either Poker Tracker or Hold'em Manager or similar. And examined their databases, which often included millions of hands. And-guess what? The range of starting and finishing hands was exactly the same with an online deck as mathematics suggested. There is no "enhanced" deck.

Hands are bound to be higher in PLO/PLO8 than in NLH. simply because it is (3 from 5 + 2 from 4) as opposed to 5 from 7. The average winning hand in NLH at showdown is 2 pair. At PLO it is a J high straight.

Your "theories" have been shown to be nonsense 15 years ago. And your win percentage, even with your experience and you choosing to play vastly less experienced players, is about as high as it is ever going to get.

Not because you are doing anything wrong (at least at the levels you play). Because that is about as high a percentage as anyone can get. Which is why the game can be frustrating.

And also why it endures.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    lmao can i share with you the game from a few minutes ago? No enhanced deck, with silly swings.... hmmm lets have a look. Yet another game with Helissio where, as with every single game with this 'winning' player, i get him to make the same errors over and over again. But those errors simply dont lose.

Even managed to screenshot the prediction as he piles into my FH on the flop, with INFERIOR low draw as me..... as i keep saying can i get a bet on these obvious outcomes if u dont feel id win thousands?
    TheWaddySmall blind30.0030.001800.00
    Helissio2Big blind60.0090.001110.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    TheWaddyRaise90.00180.001710.00
    Helissio2Raise300.00480.00810.00
    TheWaddyCall240.00720.001470.00
    Flop
    • A
    • A
    Helissio2Bet720.001440.0090.00
    TheWaddyRaise1440.002880.0030.00
    Helissio2All-in90.002970.000.00
    TheWaddyUnmatched bet630.002340.00660.00
    TheWaddyShow
    • A
    Helissio2Show
    • A
    Turn
    River
    TheWaddyWin highFull House, Aces and 8s1170.001830.00
    Helissio2Win low5-low1170.001170.00
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    No Enhanced hands? I make this a nut flopped FH with 2nd nut low draw, to trips, inferior low draw.... which magically get runners for a Nut low. Massive error.....Magic split, nuts all round.

This is playing Helissio in a nut shell. Happens over and over... the huge error, the magic runners.

I even have time to type 'the help will come' and would have placed a bet on the long odds of the runners at this stage if available. I predicted it, it happened. You will see helissios hand after the comment in the chat box as nut low.

• Options
    edited October 2023
    So we dont have long to wait before the next Helissio howler... i flop the nuts again and he goes mad on the turn this time with his beaten offering. But we know its so so bad a heart will come river at 16% or the board will pair.... another chance to bet on an obvious outcome, given the size of the error.... nothing ever blanks online, such the obsession with changing leads.....
    Helissio2Small blind50.0050.001080.00
    TheWaddyBig blind100.00150.001770.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    Helissio2Call50.00200.001030.00
    TheWaddyRaise100.00300.001670.00
    Helissio2Call100.00400.00930.00
    Flop
    TheWaddyCheck
    Helissio2Bet100.00500.00830.00
    TheWaddyCall100.00600.001570.00
    Turn
    • Q
    TheWaddyCheck
    Helissio2Bet600.001200.00230.00
    TheWaddyAll-in1570.002770.000.00
    Helissio2All-in230.003000.000.00
    TheWaddyUnmatched bet740.002260.00740.00
    Helissio2Show
    TheWaddyShow
    • A
    River
    Helissio2Win highFlush to the Queen1130.001130.00
    TheWaddyWin low5-low1130.001870.00
  • Options
    Thirdly with the non enhanced hand deck we are all in preflop..... flop 2 pair, he flops nothing, no hand no draw.... he needs something like running jacks, which lets face it after the last 2 with a real deck (the first 2 wouldnt have happened but im being polite) is not going to happen.... but, its a deck made for excitement so
    Helissio2Small blind100.00100.002030.00
    TheWaddyBig blind200.00300.00670.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    Helissio2Raise500.00800.001530.00
    TheWaddyAll-in670.001470.000.00
    Helissio2Call270.001740.001260.00
    Helissio2Show
    • J
    • A
    TheWaddyShow