You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

I could have won BGT tonight!

Comments

• Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    What i see is two players playing poorly, just gambling it up all in preflop most hands.
    bbMike said:

why didn't the enhanced deck let me get a low here, what am I doing wrong?

I love your quote here... probably cos u called after the turn card and a low was not going to be possible? Maybe!?

Reminds me of the Genie who granted 3 wishes and the guys first one was to win the lottery. After 3 weeks he hasnt won it. The guys says the Genies Full of ****.

Genie says well if you **** bought a ticket it might happen.....

Dont expect the deck to do something thats not possible! Amateurs.
  • Options
    What the enhanced deck did do was flop your opp a FH.... then he cudnt get paid unless you hit a straight.... u hit a straight river... thats quite sumthin heads up.... i would say a FH to a rivered nut straight heads up would appear an enhanced offering to me.....
  • Options
    I also see a player is short stacked in all examples, so hands played themselves...
    bbMike said:

flopped a flush here and just held and won, even though opponent had the nut low draw on flop, I must be missing something?

This is another classic quote.... its heads up... and you are asking where is the enhanced hand.... You have flopped a flush and he has flopped a nut low draw! Is that not an exciting enough flop for both heads up?????

• Options
    Appears BBmike is sooooo used to enhanced hands now, his few examples of 'where are the enhanced hands'...are..... enhanced hands...
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    edited October 2023
    I must not be understanding.

I thought it was the constant chopping and changing of the leads and getting runners at an alarming rate.

I was quite sure that none of these were enhanced hands by your definition, but perhaps the rules are changing again.

So you see players just gambling it up all in pre flop ‘most hands’ but I didn’t show you all hands. These were in fact the only hands in the match where chips went in then the deck took us to showdown. That’s 5 hands from the 102 that were dealt in the match.

75 of the 102 hands never saw a flop, again this is quite remarkable within a game (£1 PLO8 HU SnG) where you claim nobody folds.

I just don’t know what to believe. Every time I go to check it seems you’re talking nonsense.
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

I love your quote here... probably cos u called after the turn card and a low was not going to be possible? Maybe!?

But the enhanced algorithm would have known I was dead to the high on the flop and it could have given me a chance of a low if it wanted, but didn’t.
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

I also see a player is short stacked in all examples, so hands played themselves...

The final hand I wouldn’t say anyone was particularly short stacked, my opponent here has runner runner house or even quad opportunities but the enhanced algorithm couldn’t even manage to deal them a chop. Something isn’t right here.

• Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,782
    TheWaddy said:

TheWaddy said:

Arrogant said:

Big rake low edge games have an insane impact much bigger than you would believe. Like gg poker should be the easiest site in the world to earn money but everyone I know everyone I see are losing or winning at a small rate even though they are facing the weakest competition.
    If I was smart enough to know mixed games like op I wouldn't waste my time here, especially in sngs, the smallest edge games in the world. I'd play the app games and probably mixed game tournaments.

You should pick up some of the mixed games on stars. They are magic, 8-game is the dugs nuts, they have one buck games running a lot, get a proper mixed player pool, I bet you would pick up the 7 other games pretty quickly and be riding the HORSE in no time!
    It is interesting to me that despite alot of players disagreeing with me ... and backing that all is normal on sites.... but then also agreeing with me that the games are 'soft'..... many of you are having to move away from traditional forms of poker in order to seek a profit.... You seem to give every excuse under the sun to why you are no longer making profits in soft games, than considering the one thing that hits you smack in the face every time you play.....

I agree that if you can become a good player at niche forms of poker, coupled with soft games... many play the games with extremely limited experience or simply just to be trying them for the first time.... this should be extremely profitable. It always was. Enhanced decks however, will prove to be a huge problem in making that profit....

just for the record @TheWaddy Ive consistently played the "other games", I havent moved away from anything, I just enjoy 8-game more than just one game alternatives.....thats why i probably play it more........

edit, i hope that post never came across as being arsey, that for the record bit sounded dreadful when i read it back haha.
    I meant all players who commented, yourself, myself, Arrogant, Doubleme all wanting to bin traditional hold em seeking am alternative. I played HORSE quite a bit 10yrs ago, Razz even more, only stopped as sites dont offer it very often.
    ;) Imo we play those other games cause they are interesting, playing the same game all the time can get tiresome, for me it does anyway.......razz is a good game, in 8game n horse its usually my favourite round.
  • Options
    bbMike said:

I must not be understanding.

I thought it was the constant chopping and changing of the leads and getting runners at an alarming rate.

I was quite sure that none of these were enhanced hands by your definition, but perhaps the rules are changing again.

So you see players just gambling it up all in pre flop ‘most hands’ but I didn’t show you all hands. These were in fact the only hands in the match where chips went in then the deck took us to showdown. That’s 5 hands from the 102 that were dealt in the match.

75 of the 102 hands never saw a flop, again this is quite remarkable within a game (£1 PLO8 HU SnG) where you claim nobody folds.

I just don’t know what to believe. Every time I go to check it seems you’re talking nonsense.

I would say 75 hands not seeing a flop in just 102 hands in the game(unheard of in hi lo HU games, low and slow blinds), then a host of all in preflops, tells us there where almost zero hands where one opponent was calling off chasing rainbows throughout hands.... how on earth are you going to see the deck in full flow in a game like this????

You have literally answered your own question! Your stats in this game tells us both players either wanted all in preflop with their hands, or fold preflop. There was little in between.... And when you have posted from the minute selection of hands where there was streets of play, both players flop or develop premium holdings!

The play between the 2 players suggests neither of you have confidence in your ability and just want to gamble it up preflop when dealt anything that resembles a good starting hand... pump or dump ... this is usually left to the 100/200 blind stage, not the 20/40, 30/60 blinds that all but one of your hands show... a very low quality, high variance, non profit making affair.....
  • Options

@bbMike the software clearly recognises here that you are fish in this particular HU & therefore is letting you win

Certainly a fish. All in preflop or fold at low blinds.... bbMike clearly loves high speed, watch the pretty cards poker.... we can see why he defends what the sites are giving him...
  • Options
    Now we’re getting somewhere. It’s your lack of analytical capability that constructs the narrative. So in my game, the lack of a player calling down streets with no hand is conducive to low quality play :D I would suggest if you have hundreds of hands where players are chasing thin draws you’d be able to find a few where they get there and you can post only those claiming whatever it is you’re trying to claim.

I found no evidence of the enhanced deck changing the lead and making things ‘more exciting’ than they needed to be. It’s a shame we have to wait so long for the next bank holiday.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,684
    @thewaddy
    now is your chance you could have a doubleme thread on whether online poker is rigged or not made just for you if you get in quick enough to doublemes next thread and choose the right option. early answers are more likely to be followed up on.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,537
    Doubleme said:

@thewaddy
    now is your chance you could have a doubleme thread on whether online poker is rigged or not made just for you if you get in quick enough to doublemes next thread and choose the right option. early answers are more likely to be followed up on.

Your next thread is about " Aliens " stick to the Script....... hic!
  • Options
    bbMike said:

Now we’re getting somewhere. It’s your lack of analytical capability that constructs the narrative. So in my game, the lack of a player calling down streets with no hand is conducive to low quality play :D I would suggest if you have hundreds of hands where players are chasing thin draws you’d be able to find a few where they get there and you can post only those claiming whatever it is you’re trying to claim.

I found no evidence of the enhanced deck changing the lead and making things ‘more exciting’ than they needed to be. It’s a shame we have to wait so long for the next bank holiday.

Im pretty sure any winning HU hi lo player would agree with the 'analytical capability' that just looking to get it all in preflop at hi lo HU at the small blind stage, is not going to end up with a consistent growing graph.... just really will only be pure luck not to just flat line...... Its just going to be coin flip coin flip coin flip.

This is were clearly.... clearly... the low quality of the game came into it. Two players wasting each others time, just hoping to luck out on the other. Neither making any attempt to use what edge they felt they had and just gambling it up or folding.

You in another forum, would be called out on that. Here you can safely say it and not be challenged... such the bias of Skys clique forum. If id had given this an example of my day to day play, essexphil, jac and the likes would be straight on this!

This is were the sincerity and the attitudes of the Sky forum reveals itself for what it is.....

• Options
    edited October 2023
    I thought you had already realised that my opponent was short stacked in most of the hands that went to showdown?
    TheWaddy said:

So what is it, hands playing themselves or two players just looking to get it all in preflop? Not sure it can be both.

• Options
    TheWaddy said:

Certainly a fish. All in preflop or fold at low blinds.... bbMike clearly loves high speed, watch the pretty cards poker.... we can see why he defends what the sites are giving him...

Made the wrong assumption again Waddy, of the 75 hands that were won pre-flop, I won 64 of them.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    I thought you were going to stop posting Waddy?
    I was a big fan of that
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,782
    speaking about BGT, how funny would it be to go on for a laugh, all serious, burst into song and then have simon colwell rip yah to bits for being ****, as you say to him, come on my voice is angelic haha
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,537
    Where to play your Poker.
    You're in the wrong market place .... if you want quality hands.

• Options
    bbMike said:

TheWaddy said:

Made the wrong assumption again Waddy, of the 75 hands that were won pre-flop, I won 64 of them.
    I can see your trying to put something up that fits... thats cool.... but 75 hands of a total 102 hands in the game folded preflop, along with a bunch of all ins preflop... is a poor quality game....

You are denying its a poor quality game.... your opp in this case (if you are being truthful and sincere... and the Sky clique has a poor record on this so...) was making it a poor quality game as folding that many times at low blinds is insane , though this is irrelevant..... as you are using this 'very few hands played affair' as your example of a deck perfoming normally.

Do you remember why you put it up in the first place? Clearly, this game was never going to be one to use as to highlight a deck that was performing to odds... as there was hardly any hands being played out....

Try and remember your original point.......